Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: should dungy have rested his stars?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i think this bit the colts right on the @$$ when they did this because you could tell they were rusty against the steelers.
any thoughts?
I agree completely. Resting your starters is an advantage to get people healthy, but they need to play ATLEAST the first half of the game in a timing offense like the Colts use.

A more, running, smash mouth team, can take more time off because of the physicality of their play is very important and being well rested would boost that ability. But as a timing offense, you can't replicate a real game without being in one.
To tell ya the truth i think the steelers just had the colts number this week, i dont care how long they rested the players the result woulda been the same, cuz it was hard for peyton to get his timing right when he was on his @$$ all game long from all the pressure. The Steelers just figured out what the Pats have known for afew years, just hit the colts in the mouth and they wont have an answer for it, just like the Rams from afew years ago.
"HAMBONe77" Wrote:To tell ya the truth i think the steelers just had the colts number this week, i dont care how long they rested the players the result woulda been the same, cuz it was hard for peyton to get his timing right when he was on his @$$ all game long from all the pressure. The Steelers just figured out what the Pats have known for afew years, just hit the colts in the mouth and they wont have an answer for it, just like the Rams from afew years ago.

I disagree. The Steelers have been playing as if every game was a playoff game for weeks now! That made a big difference. The Colts walked in to the playoffs compared to the Steelers having to fight :fight: their way in. The Steelers did make the Colts play Steeler ball and that is hard to win!

:fight:
The Steelers have been on a major roll:wenumber1

But, I do agree that a few rested stars for Indy looked rusty.
i think they wouldnt have started so slow if he would have played them
I think resting the players had nothing to do with it.With the talent they were resting they should have ,ade them better. Those guys have played together for so long that should not have hurt them. Besides it was not the people they rested that hurt them. It was the offensive line that hurt them. The Steelers got to Manning faster than anyone since the Chargers. If he does not have time to throw then he cannot do anything.
I think the starters where rested way to long and believe it also played a part in them starting so slow, but no excuses they just got beat.
it dont matter what Dungy did or should have done... the Steelers came to play and they did... better than the Colts. Pittsburg had a game plan for Manning and it worked.
I dont know if it had anything to do with it or not. but he should not have rested them as long as he did
no i would have played them some but it wouldnt have mattered
No , no team should ever rest there starters that long! Peyton Manning has never missed a game in his entire NFL career and if was to have gotten hurt then it was just meant to be! But it still wouldn't have mattered, Pittsburgh would have still smacked them in the face!