Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cobb Testing NFL, Will Lockout Keep Him At UK?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is so much news of a 2011 lockout for the NFL. So if there is one, will Cobb be staying?
Gosh I hope so!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:There is so much news of a 2011 lockout for the NFL. So if there is one, will Cobb be staying?

It depends on the timing of the lockout and whether he secures an agent. The Draft will be in the Spring. A lot of talk is that lockout will start at the end of the regular season, but it's most likely to not to occur until the end of summer. I would expect both sides will keep talks going until until the start of camp.

Since the draft takes place so early, any early entry's will be drafted. As long as Cobb does not sign with an agent, he could be drafted, yet decline and return to school (ala Randolph Morris in the NBA)
Stardust Wrote:It depends on the timing of the lockout and whether he secures an agent. The Draft will be in the Spring. A lot of talk is that lockout will start at the end of the regular season, but it's most likely to not to occur until the end of summer. I would expect both sides will keep talks going until until the start of camp.

Since the draft takes place so early, any early entry's will be drafted. As long as Cobb does not sign with an agent, he could be drafted, yet decline and return to school (ala Randolph Morris in the NBA)

Lets hope he returns.
Let's hope so. But we need to get someone else out there to help him. Cobb takes a beating during the season. We need another go to player to help.
I think he stays, he hasn't been hurt by injuries so IMO he can only build his stock currently he's not a first rounder but could be if he decides to stay.
^ I agree. I HOPE he stays!
Cobb is one of those players like Antwaan Randle El was in his prime....
he would get PT with just about any team in the league.

I think if he tests the waters at all and there is no lockout....
he's gone.
sadly....
zaga_fan Wrote:Cobb is one of those players like Antwaan Randle El was in his prime....
he would get PT with just about any team in the league.

I think if he tests the waters at all and there is no lockout....
he's gone.
sadly....

I was thinking the same thing the other day. The knocks against him will not improve (height, what exactly will he be, etc...) and he can improve his game but I do not think that another season moves his stock much. PLUS, injury is a major possibility with his style. (LOTS of touches, his "a will not go down to the ground without a fight" mentality, his love for going over the middle of the field, etc...)

As much as the next Cat fan, I want him to stay, but the risk is too high. I believe Derrick Locke MUST have another season. GM's need to know that he can have a healthy season. I do not think he has had one yet.
LWC Wrote:I was thinking the same thing the other day. The knocks against him will not improve (height, what exactly will he be, etc...) and he can improve his game but I do not think that another season moves his stock much. PLUS, injury is a major possibility with his style. (LOTS of touches, his "a will not go down to the ground without a fight" mentality, his love for going over the middle of the field, etc...)

As much as the next Cat fan, I want him to stay, but the risk is too high. I believe Derrick Locke MUST have another season. GM's need to know that he can have a healthy season. I do not think he has had one yet.

He's a Senior.:lmao:
Brooks4Prez Wrote:He's a Senior.:lmao:

I guess he doesn't have much hope does he, :lmao:
Brooks4Prez Wrote:He's a Senior.:lmao:

Lol, I guess Locke won't be coming back with Cobb
Which is why the thread says COBB, Smile
I guess I was confused on Locke because if you add all his games-played together, he would be a Junior Wink Big Grin
LWC Wrote:I guess I was confused on Locke because if you add all his games-played together, he would be a Junior Wink Big Grin

nice Save
Wildcatk23 Wrote:nice Save

:biggrin:
LWC Wrote:I guess I was confused on Locke because if you add all his games-played together, he would be a Junior Wink Big Grin

lol
Cobb really needs to return. Next year, they will want him for the NFL too. He is a great athlete that knows his stuff. He is a great role model to me. Everytime you see him interviewed, he talks about how he got to where he is. He is such a Christianlike boy that don't care to talk about the one true, living God! I really look up to him! He is a great, christian boy!
What ever decision Cobb makes, I will support him and understand. He is one athlete at a mediocre football school that will ALWAYS stand out. He has so many records and I think he is one season away from topping just about every statistic category you can think of. My heart wants him to come back and take his rightful position as the best football player in school history but if he does go to the NFL no one can fault him after the 3 amazing years here in Lexington.