Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Greenup Co. @ Lewis Co. 12/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins this 63rd district match at the Lion's Den. Im interested to see how the Muskies play after they laid an egg vs Russell. More importantly Im rooting for LC TSmith to play well.
After watching Greenup against Russell, I'll have go with Lewis Co by 13+.

Even in an extremely weak district this year, GC :ChairHit:will have to improve immensely by season's end to advance to Morehead. Creenup should have been a top three in the region with an excellent shot @ going to state. Alas,:HitWall::ChairHit:
poor decisions were made.
My bad on the date. The game is not until Friday. Will be a long week for Nickel and his band of merry men!
duck1220 Wrote:After watching Greenup against Russell, I'll have go with Lewis Co by 13+.

Even in an extremely weak district this year, GC :ChairHit:will have to improve immensely by season's end to advance to Morehead. Creenup should have been a top three in the region with an excellent shot @ going to state. Alas,:HitWall::ChairHit:
No doubt, and imagine if there had been even poorer decisions made and Dodd had been hired. GC may have been in the teens.

Your angle is tired Duck.
OU812 Wrote:No doubt, and imagine if there had been even poorer decisions made and Dodd had been hired. GC may have been in the teens.

Your angle is tired Duck.

Nowhere near as tired as yours!:blabbermo:moon:
duck1220 Wrote:After watching Greenup against Russell, I'll have go with Lewis Co by 13+.

IMO. The 63rd is the best district in the 16th. At least, it could be, if Greenup would live up to its potential
duck1220 Wrote:Nowhere near as tired as yours!:blabbermo:moon:
Like you know me or my angle. You consistently come on here to whine about your boy not getting the job. It's always the same old song and dance. You don't have a bench to sit on anymore, we get it.
You'd be alot more effective to simply root for the kids and move along.
Ive heard more players have quit the GC program. I cannot confirm this though. Has anyone one else heard this or can confirm? Unfortunatley the two that Ive heard quit are/were guards. One that I think could have really helped. We lose anymore and we will be in a world of crap. Im HOPING this is just a rumor.
OU812 Wrote:Like you know me or my angle. You consistently come on here to whine about your boy not getting the job. It's always the same old song and dance. You don't have a bench to sit on anymore, we get it.
You'd be alot more effective to simply root for the kids and move along.

I have not mentioned anyone by name for sometime. Greenup had several options and all would have been much better than the route they chose. :please:
If you have a problem with me personally, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to buy you lunch and discuss this further. Otherwise, please stick to the topic and stop the personal attacks on Coach Dodd and myself!:moon:
jakelegg Wrote:Ive heard more players have quit the GC program. I cannot confirm this though. Has anyone one else heard this or can confirm? Unfortunatley the two that Ive heard quit are/were guards. One that I think could have really helped. We lose anymore and we will be in a world of crap. Im HOPING this is just a rumor.

I caught wind of this also Jake but I don't have the connections anymore to confirm or dismiss the rumor.:popcorn: I hope not! Greenup has a great group of kids and I really would like for things to be different for them.
This rumor seems to have some legs to it. Ive got several calls about it but no one can confirm as 100% true. What in God's Good graces is going on down there? Every team seems to lose 1 maybe 2 kids BUT players are quiting in droves at the Greenhouse. Whoever is in control down there needs to be checking to see what the problem is!
This is a travesty. Im just going to say it what I think. They should have never let Fraley go! The program had turned the corner. District Champions last year and poised to make a run to Rupp this year. The administration and parents of the Greenup County players should be ashamed for allowing one small group ruin a good thing. In my opinion you all are getting what you deserve. I do feel sorry for the players though, especially the seniors that were so loyal to Coach Fraley.
duck1220 Wrote:I have not mentioned anyone by name for sometime. Greenup had several options and all would have been much better than the route they chose. :please:
If you have a problem with me personally, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to buy you lunch and discuss this further. Otherwise, please stick to the topic and stop the personal attacks on Coach Dodd and myself!:moon:
Wow, you're dillusional. So this comment
"Creenup should have been a top three in the region with an excellent shot @ going to state. Alas,:HitWall::ChairHit:
poor decisions were made."

wasn't a veiled shot at GC for not hiring your boy? Okay. Lunch, please! I don't think I could even stand a free meal and endure your liturgy on why GC screwed your boy over.

Good Luck to GC, maybe some real fans will come out and continue to support a team that is basically 1-1. Does the coach know anything? I don't know, and at this point, I don't care. I just want the kids to enjoy playing a game that they love. I hope you boys wear Lewis out.
Here is a question that should be asked and answered. With the state coming in to take over Im assuming that GC has put an emphasis on grades and learning. IF so then why in the Russell game was a player allowed to play when he was not eligible due to GRADES? Is it the coaches job, the AD's job, or the principals job to check grades every week? This is no rumor!
The players just missed practice and was confused on the time. Everyone stay calm.
Guys, this is to discuss this game. Take your personal jibes to PM!
Thats good. I hate too see any kid quit. I bet they play the next game now Smile
Maybe they decided to come back when they found out that Jackson will not be eligible (thats what Ive been told). Sooner or later Nickel/Hughes has to play a guard to win.
Stardust Wrote:Guys, this is to discuss this game. Take your personal jibes to PM!

Thank you! Done.
Its being reported on another site that the Coach played an ineligible player in the Russell game. Apparently the young man in question was supposed to sit out due to grade problems. If this is accurate it does not bode well for Coach or new AD Newton.
jakelegg Wrote:Its being reported on another site that the Coach played an ineligible player in the Russell game. Apparently the young man in question was supposed to sit out due to grade problems. If this is accurate it does not bode well for Coach or new AD Newton.

Thanks for the update Jake. The plot thickens.:popcorn:
Do you know how the Smith Kid has looked so far this year @ Lewis Co?
Terrance is a great story in the making. Im told he is playing well and should get better as the year goes on.
I agree Terrance Smith is a great story. I think that the Musketeers are primed to go into LC and get a win. It will be LC 4th game of the week due to the EKC Tournament. That should go a long way to zapping the legs of the young Lions.
jakelegg Wrote:Its being reported on another site that the Coach played an ineligible player in the Russell game. Apparently the young man in question was supposed to sit out due to grade problems. If this is accurate it does not bode well for Coach or new AD Newton.

I've read on both the other sites there is no mention of this.
I havent seen it on a website but it is factual.
If an ineligible player was used, this is serious stuff.
Yes it is! I do think though that it falls more on the AD rather than the coach. My nephew came home talking about it and that the pt gd from Raceland didnt get eligible.
Congrats to Greenup
the dark wizard Wrote:Congrats to Greenup
Congrats for what?
thelegend Wrote:The players just missed practice and was confused on the time. Everyone stay calm.

I will tell you who missed practice. The whole team this summer and fall. No skill work, no open gym, no wieghtlifting, and no team togetherness. Now they are paying the price for that lack of work.