Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a tough 47-6 loss in the 1A 2010 state championship,how will Hazard do in the 2011 season?
Ptp71 Wrote:In a tough 47-6 loss in the 1A 2010 state championship,how will Hazard do in the 2011 season?

Hazard will be just fine in 2011. I dont expect a undefeated season but i expect them to contend for a chance back to the finals. Hazard next year will also host another 4th round home game because of being moved to an odd region.

Hazard returns

Zach Blanton 1002 rushing 15 tds/ 18 catches for 400 yards and 6 touchdowns/also 5 ints

Jordan Olinger 51 catches for 1090 yards and 12 touchdowns/ also 1 int

Bj Combs 42 catches for 893 yards and 9 touchdowns

Austin Johnson 36 catches for 879 yards with 14 touchdowns/also 4 ints

Thats 4 big time player makers for next season but the thing is who will be the QB to get them the ball or does one of them take over. Jacob Roll should be in line for the postion next year but who knows for sure just yet.

Also Hazard has some fine young athletes that will get some serious PT next year in Zach Napier, Josh Meehan, Nathan Higgins. Hazard loses 2 limeman in Whitson and Kendrick but should be alright wil Dylan Logan, Jordan Hampton and many more returning. So in my opinion Hazard has another good shot at being in the title game. They also should have a decent freshmen class coming in but not sure on the names but have heard some talk about a jones kid who is lighting fast and may see some playing time.
Is that Brandon Jones?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Is that Brandon Jones?

Havent the slighested clue but just heard he was lightning fast.
bac2369 Wrote:Havent the slighested clue but just heard he was lightning fast.

yes it is brandon jones and he will be one of the best athletes to come through the sports program, all hazard is missing is a quarter back hmmmmmm.... im sure they will find one :eyeroll:
Zach Blanton can play QB, but it's not hard to throw screens. With the talent Hazard has you don't have too be a great QB, just get the ball into the hands of the talent and let them go to work.
ekff Wrote:Zach Blanton can play QB, but it's not hard to throw screens. With the talent Hazard has you don't have too be a great QB, just get the ball into the hands of the talent and let them go to work.
It'll be Blanton or Olinger at QB next year for Hazard.Olinger will be the best fit,he's got a lot stonger arm than Blanton and he'll be able to throw downfield.
They're almost losing their center, the line should be fine next year. Just a really tough schedule
bac2369 Wrote:Zach Blanton 1002 rushing 15 tds/ 18 catches for 400 yards and 6 touchdowns/also 5 ints

Jordan Olinger 51 catches for 1090 yards and 12 touchdowns/ also 1 int

Bj Combs 42 catches for 893 yards and 9 touchdowns

Austin Johnson 36 catches for 879 yards with 14 touchdowns/also 4 ints

I was very impressed with those 4, they are special players. Speed is a big problem for Hazard in my opinion, line play with those guys returning should be adequate but Hazard will have a tough time finding a kid like Combs was to qb and that will in my opinion be the key to whether or not Hazard is a little above average or special like they were this year. Anyway just my opinion but I did get to see them play Mayfield which was obviously a tough game to draw anything from but I did watch video of LCA, some of the Pineville game and some of the Corbin game so I maybe a pretty good unbiased source for what ever that is worth if anything
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I was very impressed with those 4, they are special players. Speed is a big problem for Hazard in my opinion, line play with those guys returning should be adequate but Hazard will have a tough time finding a kid like Combs was to qb and that will in my opinion be the key to whether or not Hazard is a little above average or special like they were this year. Anyway just my opinion but I did get to see them play Mayfield which was obviously a tough game to draw anything from but I did watch video of LCA, some of the Pineville game and some of the Corbin game so I maybe a pretty good unbiased source for what ever that is worth if anything
They have very capable QB's on their team,that won't be a problem.
jackbenimble Wrote:It'll be Blanton or Olinger at QB next year for Hazard.Olinger will be the best fit,he's got a lot stonger arm than Blanton and he'll be able to throw downfield.

Olinger will have the arm for it but that takes away a big target down field. So in my opinion they need to keep him at WR. Blanton is a good wild bulldog or whatever u want to call it Qb. But they need some of to atleast throw 20 to 30 yards down field. If the Jones kid will be a freshmen next year then they should give them another weapon on offense but he will have to adjust to the high school level before he can get comfortable in my opinion. Who ever Hazards Qb is he needs to be fast elusive and be able to throw a good deep ball. The perfect Qb for this system is playing at Breathitt County Richard Trent because hes fast and can throw so it helps your game out tremendously. But i believe the bulldogs will be fine.
I think Somerset and Hazard are playing the next two years. Somerset loses 19 Seniors from this years team but I'm looking forward to this game between two really good EKY programs.
Jumper Dad Wrote:I think Somerset and Hazard are playing the next two years. Somerset loses 19 Seniors from this years team but I'm looking forward to this game between two really good EKY programs.

Should be an excellent game next year.
I read in another thread they are also playing Sheldon Clark. That will be a good game too.
The QB problem will be the biggest thing.
They have plenty of athletes on defense and good WR core returning.

Sorry to state the obvious but that's definitely the biggest question.
bac2369 Wrote:Olinger will have the arm for it but that takes away a big target down field. So in my opinion they need to keep him at WR. Blanton is a good wild bulldog or whatever u want to call it Qb. But they need some of to atleast throw 20 to 30 yards down field. If the Jones kid will be a freshmen next year then they should give them another weapon on offense but he will have to adjust to the high school level before he can get comfortable in my opinion. Who ever Hazards Qb is he needs to be fast elusive and be able to throw a good deep ball. The perfect Qb for this system is playing at Breathitt County Richard Trent because hes fast and can throw so it helps your game out tremendously. But i believe the bulldogs will be fine.
The problem is that this year we couldn't get the ball downfield to the recievers.Next year Hazard will not have that problem,if the coaches make the right decision at QB,Hazard will be just as good as last year.
I think Hazard will continue their success next season. Coach Dixon and his staff have done a pretty good job over the past few years getting their teams ready.
Da Horn Wrote:I think Hazard will continue their success next season. Coach Dixon and his staff have done a pretty good job over the past few years getting their teams ready.
Mark needs some coaching help,really bad.
From what i hear still looking for 1 more game for next year.

Clintwood Va
Open
Middlesboro
Somerset
Pburg
LCA
Harlan
Jenkins
Pineville
Sheldon Clark
Not a bad looking schedule for next season.
Pretty fair schedule. I would like to see them add harlan county to the schedule or put letcher back on there.
bac2369 Wrote:Pretty fair schedule. I would like to see them add harlan county to the schedule or put letcher back on there.
Why, Hazard needs to try to stay healthy for the playoffs,they don't need to try to prove they are good enough to beat 5A schools because they are a 1A school.
jackbenimble Wrote:Mark needs some coaching help,really bad.

Are you serious or just joking?

Coach Dixon has led the bulldogs to two state final appearances in the last 3 years and has to be above 80 percent in wins....I dont understand why he needs help. JMO though.
jackbenimble Wrote:Why, Hazard needs to try to stay healthy for the playoffs,they don't need to try to prove they are good enough to beat 5A schools because they are a 1A school.

You must not keep up with Hazard Football. If someone want to play Hazard will never trun them down, if they have a open date that year. Better the team is, will help Hazard in the playoffs.
nannook Wrote:From what i hear still looking for 1 more game for next year.

Clintwood Va
Open
Middlesboro
Somerset
Pburg
LCA
Harlan
Jenkins
Pineville
Sheldon Clark

Have anyone know anything about Clintwood VA.
Johnny Tyler Mad Cap Wrote:Are you serious or just joking?

Coach Dixon has led the bulldogs to two state final appearances in the last 3 years and has to be above 80 percent in wins....I dont understand why he needs help. JMO though.
Mark is doing a very good job,and he for sure needs some help with his secondary and his special teams.That is the kind of help that i am talking about.It's hard for a head coach to coach every position on the field,and there he needs to find somebody that knows secondary and special team play.
cj2561 Wrote:You must not keep up with Hazard Football. If someone want to play Hazard will never trun them down, if they have a open date that year. Better the team is, will help Hazard in the playoffs.
How?
Johnny Tyler Mad Cap Wrote:Are you serious or just joking?

If u watch Hazard football like i do,special teams and secondary has hurt them for the past several years.Sometimes in games where Hazard were the better team,and to get that state title,Hazard will have to improve in that area now.
Hazard's first game in '11 good be a real test for the Bulldogs. Clintwood has been nothing but tough the last few years. They have went to at least the state semis 3 out of the last four years. Havent brought home the state championship but have been there. They played in the semi state this year at home in Clintwood in a snow storm but came up short to a very good Northern Va. team. Is this game at Hazard or Clintwood? I live in Ky. but keep up with Clintwood football and let me tell you they are FOOTBALL CRAZY over here. Small town but very big support for football. They have had some tough I mean tough players recently. Coached very well. One player that comes to mind from recent years is Justin Hamilton. He went on to play at Vir.Tech. and then the Cleveland Browns.