Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Going Bowling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The U of L Football team has accepted a bid to play in the Beef O'Brady's Bowl in St. Petersburg, FL on Dec. 21 at 8 pm against So. Mississippi.

Strong getting UL to a bowl game with the lack of talent he had to deal with is very impressive. It's def a garbage bowl game, but getting UL back to a bowl game is a huge step foward for the program.
even tho i don't like Loserville, what he's done in his first year is pretty impressive
I called this the day Louisville hired Charlie Strong. In two more years, UK will be back to being Louisvilles *****. Strong took a team that had no business being anywhere near .500 and willed them to a bowl game in his first season. As far as Louisville being in a garbage bowl, well, so is UK, lol..No way a team that goes 2-6 in its conference deserves to be in a bowl, but being in the SEC is UK's saving grace.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I called this the day Louisville hired Charlie Strong. In two more years, UK will be back to being Louisvilles *****. Strong took a team that had no business being anywhere near .500 and willed them to a bowl game in his first season. As far as Louisville being in a garbage bowl, well, so is UK, lol..No way a team that goes 2-6 in its conference deserves to be in a bowl, but being in the SEC is UK's saving grace.

I don't think Strong sticks around long enough to start dominating UK again. He is there 1-2 years the most IMO.
No team with a losing record in their conference should go bowling. There are too many bowls.
Jarons Wrote:I don't think Strong sticks around long enough to start dominating UK again. He is there 1-2 years the most IMO.
No team with a losing record in their conference should go bowling. There are too many bowls.
While I agree with you on practically everything else, lol, Ill have do disagree with you on there being too many bowls. There can never be too many bowls for me. However, I would rather watch the college football playoffs from the lower divisions than the mid-December bowls, lol..THAT is some great football..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:While I agree with you on practically everything else, lol, Ill have do disagree with you on there being too many bowls. There can never be too many bowls for me. However, I would rather watch the college football playoffs from the lower divisions than the mid-December bowls, lol..THAT is some great football..

I love watching the playoffs from the lower divisions.
I'm glad to see two teams from the state get in to bowls.
Strikeout King Wrote:even tho i don't like Loserville, what he's done in his first year is pretty impressive

your avatar is nearly as impressive
Impressive job Coach Strong has done in year 1 @ UL. Congrats Cards.