Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bowl Game Projections
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haven't seen a thread on this yet so i thought id get a discussion going.

CBS Sports Bowl game predictions

National Championship
1. Auburn vs. 2. Oregon

Sugar Bowl

Arkansas vs. Ohio State (I like this match up, was expecting to see OSU and LSU though.)

Orange Bowl

Virginia Tech vs. Stanford

Fiesta Bowl

Uconn vs. Oklahoma

Rose Bowl
TCU vs. Wisconsin

Other notable games

BBVA compass Bowl
Pittsburgh vs. Kentucky (this game isnt played until Jan. 8th)

Cotton Bowl
Texas A&M vs. LSU

Gator Bowl
Michigan vs. Tennessee

Outback Bowl
Penn State vs. Florida

Capital One Bowl
Alabama vs. Michigan St.

Chick-Fil-A Bowl

Florida State vs. South Carolina

Liberty Bowl
Georgia vs. Central Florida

Music City Bowl
Mississippi State vs. Georgia Tech

Beef O'Bradys Bowl
Louisville vs. Southern Miss

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball...redictions

Thoughts?
Also, comment on the Rose Bowl, im sure some of you were wondering.

Comment: With the Rose Bowl losing Oregon to the title game, it will have to take TCU. BCS rules state for the games of January 2011 through 2014, the first year the Rose Bowl loses a team to the National Championship game, that non-AQ team will play in the Rose Bowl. So TCU is the pick. Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan State all won and ended in a three-way tie in the Big Ten race. The tiebreaker is highest-ranked BCS team, which will be Wisconsin.

This sucks because according to these rules, next year if an SEC makes it to the national championship game an SEC team will not be laying in the sugar bowl because the top AQ qualifier will go and an SEC team will get the shaft like Ohio State did this year in the Rose Bowl.

The champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to certain bowls, unless they are No. 1 or No. 2. (ACC: Orange; Big Ten: Rose; Big 12: Fiesta; Pac-10: Rose; SEC: Sugar). If a Bowl loses a host team to the title game, then the bowl gets first choice at a replacement team. The rest of the selection order for 2011 is as follows: Sugar, Orange, Fiesta.
If Kentucky gets Pittsburgh, Dion Lewis will run for 800 yards against UK. The Outback and Gator Bowls would be really weak this year. If Bama and Mississippi State can win their bowls, that would give the SEC West FIVE 10 game winners. Unbelievable.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:If Kentucky gets Pittsburgh, Dion Lewis will run for 800 yards against UK. The Outback and Gator Bowls would be really weak this year. If Bama and Mississippi State can win their bowls, that would give the SEC West FIVE 10 game winners. Unbelievable.

Dang Miss. State plays in two bowl games.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:If Kentucky gets Pittsburgh, Dion Lewis will run for 800 yards against UK. The Outback and Gator Bowls would be really weak this year. If Bama and Mississippi State can win their bowls, that would give the SEC West FIVE 10 game winners. Unbelievable.

True. Kentucky will without a doubt lose this game.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:True. Kentucky will without a doubt lose this game.

badly......

Really? What makes them so good?
My bad..I meant four from the West, lol...Miss State has 8 wins..For whatever reason, I thought they were 9-3..
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Really? What makes them so good?
Lewis is a kid that can carry the ball 40+ times a game (as he's done in the past), running as hard on his 40th carry as his first, and can pile up yards in a hurry. Against UK if he gets 40 carries, he'll have 250 yards or more..I dont like this matchup for UK..it'll be interesting, but I dont like it. I honestly think that Pittsburgh is the best team in the Big Least, even though UCONN will get the BCS bid (which, IMO will make them the worst BCS bowl team ever).
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Lewis is a kid that can carry the ball 40+ times a game (as he's done in the past), running as hard on his 40th carry as his first, and can pile up yards in a hurry. Against UK if he gets 40 carries, he'll have 250 yards or more..I dont like this matchup for UK..it'll be interesting, but I dont like it. I honestly think that Pittsburgh is the best team in the Big Least, even though UCONN will get the BCS bid (which, IMO will make them the worst BCS bowl team ever).

Just so you know, He has carried the ball 1 time this year for 40+ attempts. Against cinci. I think we could win just as many games in the best least as what Pitt did. they dont have even one quality win.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Just so you know, He has carried the ball 1 time this year for 40+ attempts. Against cinci. I think we could win just as many games in the best least as what Pitt did. they dont have even one quality win.
I understand that..but last year he carried the ball 325 times for 1800 yards, and he is just now getting to THAT level. He's been banged up this year, but the 41 carries against Cincy should be a warning sign to anybody that plays them in the bowl game. Dont be fooled. This kid is a tough cookie..as far as them not having any quality wins, Im not fully sold on that. I think the overall wins they have are pretty good. They whipped a decent Syracuse team by 31. They flat out whipped a Louisville team by 17 (the game after Louisville beat the BCS bound-UCONN 26-0), and they beat South Florida too..Yeah they have underachieved this year, but they are a good football team, and whoever plays them in the bowl game had better not sleep on them..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I understand that..but last year he carried the ball 325 times for 1800 yards, and he is just now getting to THAT level. He's been banged up this year, but the 41 carries against Cincy should be a warning sign to anybody that plays them in the bowl game. Dont be fooled. This kid is a tough cookie..as far as them not having any quality wins, Im not fully sold on that. I think the overall wins they have are pretty good. They whipped a decent Syracuse team by 31. They flat out whipped a Louisville team by 17 (the game after Louisville beat the BCS bound-UCONN 26-0), and they beat South Florida too..Yeah they have underachieved this year, but they are a good football team, and whoever plays them in the bowl game had better not sleep on them..

I am not saying their not a good football team. Just saying their not going to whip us.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I am not saying their not a good football team. Just saying their not going to whip us.
Oh no, I think it will be an interesting game. I dont think it will be a blowout at all, but I do think Lewis will run for a ton against the Cats..It will definitely be a fun game, and a tough test for both teams..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Oh no, I think it will be an interesting game. I dont think it will be a blowout at all, but I do think Lewis will run for a ton against the Cats..It will definitely be a fun game, and a tough test for both teams..

If we can load the line and not let anyone get behind of us it may be a good game.
UK's only problem with be with the playcalling.
Real Badman Wrote:UK's only problem with be with the playcalling.

I just think that we don't play to win sometimes. We play to conservative and just follow the flow of the game instead of taking control. We have play makers. Lets use them.
Tennessee has accepted an invitation to play in the Music City Bowl against North Carolina.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Tennessee has accepted an invitation to play in the Music City Bowl against North Carolina.
Great job by Derek Dooley this year..Love that guy..