Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Central 46 Belfry 7 (Class 3A State Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.
Congrats Lou. wish paducah coulda been there.. Thats three smearings 1a 41pts, 2a 42pts, 3a 39pts, 4aclose
I expected Louisville to win, but I also expected Belfry to show up.

Congrats to both teams on a great season!
Central will repeat , they only have 8 seniors.
Coachdad Wrote:Central will repeat , they only have 8 seniors.
Only 4 of them start.
That is exactly why some people should have their voting rights taken away. Central, at one point I believe, was 2-6 or 3-6 during the season and they were placed 6th in the 3A. All those losses came against 6A teams from Louisville. Central plays, by far one of the toughest schedules in the state and is not afraid of playing the powerhouses of Louisville. Central was by far and away the best team in 3A and should stay that way every year until a 3A team is actually able to beat them.
As a supporter of Eastern KY teams, I am disappointed that Belfry didn't make a better showing but apparently they met a much better team. The same happened to Hazard, so our Eastern teams didn't do well.

Maybe next season?
Congrats Central
Ouch, sorry Pirate fans. With the expectations for this team at the beginning of the season you still have to consider this a very good year for Belfry.

Good luck to both teams next season, with the addition of Bell Co. you may be needing it.
WOW! Anohter blowout. I certainly would not have expected to see three out of four championship games as no-conest
Frequent blowouts are the consequence of the expansion to 6 football classes by a basketball state. I know that is not an original thought but it was predicted by many people who argued against expanding to 5 and then to 6 classes. Blowout finals and long road trips - welcome to 6 class football in a state having a small population.
Central’s Anthony Wales rushed for 244 yards and 2 touchdowns to lead the Yellowjackets to a 46-7 victory over Belfry in the Class 3A finals Saturday afternoon at WKU’s L.T. Smith Stadium.

Central has now won three titles in four years under Coach Ty Scroggins.

Central’s defense forced Belfry into five turnovers, including an interception that Kevin Dunbar returned 46 yards for a TD.

Belfry was led by Trey Willis (115 yards rushing) and Jeffree Pruitt (94 rushing and one TD).

Belfry also lost to Central in the 2007 finals.

Belfry is a two-time state titlist in 2A (2003, ‘04). Central has two 3A titles (2007, ‘08). The Yellowjackets beat Belfry 27-17 in the ‘07 finals.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Frequent blowouts are the consequence of the expansion to 6 football classes by a basketball state. I know that is not an original thought but it was predicted by many people who argued against expanding to 5 and then to 6 classes. Blowout finals and long road trips - welcome to 6 class football in a state having a small population.

We are not the only state, and we are certainly not the smallest state with multiple divisions (some with more classes than KY).
Stardust Wrote:We are not the only state, and we are certainly not the smallest state with multiple divisions (some with more classes than KY).
That does not mean that states like South Dakota have good systems. Indiana has 5 classes and much more parity among its football teams. Kentucky should have 3 or 4 classes max, IMO.
Stardust Wrote:Central’s Anthony Wales rushed for 244 yards and 2 touchdowns to lead the Yellowjackets to a 46-7 victory over Belfry in the Class 3A finals Saturday afternoon at WKU’s L.T. Smith Stadium.

Central has now won three titles in four years under Coach Ty Scroggins.

Central’s defense forced Belfry into five turnovers, including an interception that Kevin Dunbar returned 46 yards for a TD.

Belfry was led by Trey Willis (115 yards rushing) and Jeffree Pruitt (94 rushing and one TD).

Belfry also lost to Central in the 2007 finals.

Belfry is a two-time state titlist in 2A (2003, ‘04). Central has two 3A titles (2007, ‘08). The Yellowjackets beat Belfry 27-17 in the ‘07 finals.
Central has 3 3A titles
Congrats to Central. Belfy had a great playoff run with this young team. I think that Belfry will return to BG again soon.
BaseballIsLife Wrote:That is exactly why some people should have their voting rights taken away. Central, at one point I believe, was 2-6 or 3-6 during the season and they were placed 6th in the 3A. All those losses came against 6A teams from Louisville. Central plays, by far one of the toughest schedules in the state and is not afraid of playing the powerhouses of Louisville. Central was by far and away the best team in 3A and should stay that way every year until a 3A team is actually able to beat them.

Wow, your hindsight is 20/20. Give yourself a raise. :notworthy
Whether Central repeats next year is an open question, but that is for another day.
Central will have Bell to deal with next year.
Congrats to Central on another state title. Also wanna congratulate my good friend in coach haywood on the nice turn around he had with belfry this year way to go!!
Good Season Pirates You Done A Great Job!
Congrats to CENTRAL also congrats to BELFRY,their a young team and they had an awesome playoff run.That was a great win against SOMERSET.
I saw some of the game on the replay by wymt and speed really killed belfry. Uk needs to be all over wales because he is lighting fast...
bac2369 Wrote:I saw some of the game on the replay by wymt and speed really killed belfry. Uk needs to be all over wales because he is lighting fast...

That was the major difference in the game. Speed! I'm proud we made it this year and proud of our fan following, what a shame Central can't get any more support than they get. Really makes you proud of our community. Expect Belfry to be even better next year, a lot of these young Pirates with a year under their belt now will be very exciting to watch.
Congrats Central.

I cant believe so many games were blowouts.
congrats belfry for a great season of friday night football. you boys can hold your heads up high for what you accomplished. every one should let these boys know how proud you are of what they accomplished. lets see you boys work hard and all meet in bowling green again next year. thanks again for a very good season.
BellyJump Wrote:Wow, your hindsight is 20/20. Give yourself a raise. :notworthy

No need to be sarcastic and take a shot at me.

However, when your entire non-district part of your schedule consists of 6A Louisville teams, some lenience needs to be given. There are very, VERY few teams that would be willing to do that. The fact is, a lot of the voters are going strictly by records without actually looking at who the losses have come to. Who you are playing needs to be taken into account when making the rankings and it often isn't.
bac2369 Wrote:Central will have Bell to deal with next year.
No problem. Seriously.
Belfry_99 Wrote:That was the major difference in the game. Speed! I'm proud we made it this year and proud of our fan following, what a shame Central can't get any more support than they get. Really makes you proud of our community. Expect Belfry to be even better next year, a lot of these young Pirates with a year under their belt now will be very exciting to watch.
Central had enough fans there, sorry central is not the only show in town, were the whole town packs up and go's to Central games, there is more than 40 high schools in Louisville with central having one of the smaller enrollments thus making them 3A. They would rather play in 6A.
Coachdad Wrote:Central had enough fans there, sorry central is not the only show in town, were the whole town packs up and go's to Central games, there is more than 40 high schools in Louisville with central having one of the smaller enrollments thus making them 3A. They would rather play in 6A.

Yea, One town, 4O teams, what would you expect.
Pages: 1 2 3