Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As we celebrate #7 and look forward to #8, What are your thoughts about next year?
We have to replace a lot of seniors, but there is talent coming up and coming back. With one of the toughest schedules in the state (Non-district to include Highlands, AC-S, John Hardin, and Christian Co.) and rival games with LexCath and Danville, I don't see another undefeated season. But I do think that the young Rebels will get better as the season progesses and be a force to deal with at playoff time.

What about it Rebel fans?
That sounds like a pretty good assessment to me. Should be a fun year to watch, but hard to envision they could be undefeated.
It will be hard to replace the 2010 Seniors. But not impossible. French and his staff will find a way as they always do. I don't see them going undefeated as Highlands is the first game. Saying that to say this they will be a very hard out come playoffs.
Any time you replace your entire O-line its has to be considered a rebuilding year.
I agree. You have to look at next year as a rebuilding year. It's totally different to replace 2-3 on your O-line compared to the whole O-line. We need alot of guys to 'step it up' to say the least.
There will certainly be opportunity for a bunch of guys who have not played much to get a lot of minutes on the o-line. Guess we will find out who really wants to play and who doesn't.
64black&gold Wrote:Any time you replace your entire O-line its has to be considered a rebuilding year.

Dang. I was going to say i could see Cox putting up MacShara type numbers next year but with an entirely new offense line i dont think that will be the case. That being said i see him having a great year and for Boyle to be tough as always. I think our streak to you has a good chance of ending though
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:Dang. I was going to say i could see Cox putting up MacShara type numbers next year but with an entirely new offense line i dont think that will be the case. That being said i see him having a great year and for Boyle to be tough as always. I think our streak to you has a good chance of ending though

That streak has a good chance of ending every time Boyle plays LexCath :Thumbs:
With replacing an entire offensive line, it generally means it will take some time before you find the right guys to serve as your new starters and get them the experience and playing time to get into the flow of the game. This generally means a few lumps will be taken early on as they are breaking in the new group. I think things will improve mightly for the offensive line and the entire offense as the season progresses but they will experience struggles early as they start to gel.
Boyle should be strong at the skill posistions,but losing the O linewill hurt.from what i saw out of the JV line this season i think we will be just fine after they get a few games under thier belt.i do think by seasons end they will be in the hunt for another state title.they will probably take a couple losses along the way.
I think one of the things that will hurt Boyle is that they didn't appear to have many players that were varsity ready on this years freshman level. That said, they may have some guys that really put on muscle in the winter and get strong enough to help next year.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I think one of the things that will hurt Boyle is that they didn't appear to have many players that were varsity ready on this years freshman level. That said, they may have some guys that really put on muscle in the winter and get strong enough to help next year.

IMO this will not hurt them next year, maybe the following year it will but not next year. Boyle has a very good Jr. and Soph. class coming back as Sr. and Jr's.
Rebel55 Wrote:IMO this will not hurt them next year, maybe the following year it will but not next year. Boyle has a very good Jr. and Soph. class coming back as Sr. and Jr's.

I totally agree.:Thumbs:
I agree also, but I don't think this years JV OL will be the starting OL next year. Coaches will have to "find" the best OL they can from this years jv plus some other players who may have not played OL before and might be asked to next year.
French For President Wrote:It will be hard to replace the 2010 Seniors. But not impossible. French and his staff will find a way as they always do. I don't see them going undefeated as Highlands is the first game. Saying that to say this they will be a very hard out come playoffs.

Where will the game be held with Highlands?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Where will the game be held with Highlands?

Boyle, I believe in week 0.
64black&gold Wrote:I agree also, but I don't think this years JV OL will be the starting OL next year. Coaches will have to "find" the best OL they can from this years jv plus some other players who may have not played OL before and might be asked to next year.

I wasnt saying they would use the whole JV line.Im sure they have kids that were juniors this year that can step up and contribute next year.i guess i should have been more specific with my post.after seeing the O line,and D line for the JV play this year i thought the future looked bright for them.64black&gold you are starting to sound like easym.ease up on a fellow Rebel.
Highlands would also have to go to Boyle for a 4th round match up if they meet back up.
Rebel55 Wrote:Boyle, I believe in week 0.

Sweet, me and a group will be at that one!
Jack Lambert Wrote:I wasnt saying they would use the whole JV line.Im sure they have kids that were juniors this year that can step up and contribute next year.i guess i should have been more specific with my post.after seeing the O line,and D line for the JV play this year i thought the future looked bright for them.64black&gold you are starting to sound like easym.ease up on a fellow Rebel.

no prob Jack. I didn't think you were saying that. I just wanted to say that there is no telling who might end up on the OL next year. Coach Roe is a great coach and I'm sure he will find 5 good ones. I also agree they will be better at the end of the year than at the start. Could be a bumpy year. Undefeated is nice but as long as they are up to speed by the playoffs I'm ready to go. I also think that Coach French's rule about OL and DL guys going both ways may not stand next year. Could very well have a couple going both ways. They really like to avoid that but may not be able to next year.
French For President Wrote:It will be hard to replace the 2010 Seniors. But not impossible. French and his staff will find a way as they always do. I don't see them going undefeated as Highlands is the first game. Saying that to say this they will be a very hard out come playoffs.

poor coaching....no way they ready for 2011

first of all he should have played the players ready for this,not slow jrs or sph.it will come back to haunt him

highlands going to 4a boyle is done..want a blowout,now u get all 6 getting it in next state
SVU Wrote:highlands going to 4a boyle is done..want a blowout,now u get all 6 getting it in next state

have to agree,Lex. Cath. will be team to beat next yr.
Boyle will be young and coaches will not play real players,just like this yr.Boyle will lose second round for next 4-5 yrs
Boyle jv lost to Lincoln,no way they win more than 6 games
rd11 Wrote:have to agree,Lex. Cath. will be team to beat next yr.
Boyle will be young and coaches will not play real players,just like this yr.Boyle will lose second round for next 4-5 yrs

french is good,but he wants teams that's already good,thats why he left Lincoln...now French coach a team .don't think he has it
rd11 Wrote:french is good,but he wants teams that's already good,thats why he left Lincoln...now French coach a team .don't think he has it

r u that stupid!!!
rd11:

You have no idea how stupid you sound when posting about things you have no idea about.

SVU:

If you followed Boyle at all, you would know that on several occasions this past season the second team O-line got in varsity games. You would also know that Boyle has one of the best coaching staffs in the state, and they'll have these guys prepared. Highlands probably will beat Boyle by a few scores in the first game, but you never know... Plus playing teams like that will have Boyle that much better comep playoffs
SVU Wrote:highlands going to 4a boyle is done..want a blowout,now u get all 6 getting it in next state

Highlands only returns 4 starters on offense,and 4 on defense off this years team so i dont expect them to be the well oiled machine they were this year.
rd11 Wrote:Boyle jv lost to Lincoln,no way they win more than 6 games

Its my understanding that Boyle also blowed Lincoln out for the jv championship.i think they also beat Lex.cath.this year to.i dont expect it to be as bad for Boyle as you guys make it sound over the next few years.
Pages: 1 2 3 4