Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former NFL Player Applying for HC Position at Pikeville College
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just heard from reliable source that a former NFL player has expressed interest in being the Head Football Coach at Pikeville College. Apparently Mike Furrey will be on campus on Saturday to interview.
When did Mike Furrey play in the NFL? Who did he play for? What position? I have never heard of him.
He played at Ohio State as a true freshman walk-on. He then transferred to Northern Iowa. He got a profession start in WWE product XFL's Las Vegas Outlaws made famous by Rod Smart's alias He Hate Me. He then was picked up by the St. Louis Rams where he played wide receiver & special teams before being moved to safety on defense. He was then signed by the Detroit Lions & moved back to wide receiver. He was then picked up last season by the Cleveland Browns as a wide receiver before being moved by to secondary. He was one of three finalist for NFL's Walter Payton Man of the Year award for last season. Considering he's on the Washington Redskins Injured Reserve roster this season, I highly doubt this to be true.
Would be a nice addition. You would think.
I thought I was reading that Hilton has the job if he wants it???
I thought Hilton had the job if he wanted it as well, and that's why I was a little caught off guard to hear this guy was being interviewed today. But, I guess if someone with pro experience is interested in the job, they're gonna give him a look. From what I understand, this just came up, and he will be in Pikeville today. I didn't know who he was either, so when I did the research, I would have agreed with Blue Blur and said it was not likely true. But, like I said, I have a reliable source....
all-or-nothing Wrote:I thought Hilton had the job if he wanted it as well, and that's why I was a little caught off guard to hear this guy was being interviewed today. But, I guess if someone with pro experience is interested in the job, they're gonna give him a look. From what I understand, this just came up, and he will be in Pikeville today. I didn't know who he was either, so when I did the research, I would have agreed with Blue Blur and said it was not likely true. But, like I said, I have a reliable source....
Any buzz from the source?