Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New York Yankees To Re-Sign Mariano Rivera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Yankees will re-sign Mariano Rivera to a two-year, $30MM deal by tomorrow night, according to Christian Red of the New York Daily News. Rivera recently received a three-year offer worth more money from a rival team, but wanted to stay in pinstripes, even if it meant accepting a deal for fewer guaranteed years and less money. Agent Fernando Cuza confirmed that interested teams other than the Yankees have called about Rivera.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/12/ya...ivera.html
I'm surprised to see the Yankees low-balling Jeter and Mo.....
George would have never let this happen.
Yankees & Rivera Agreed On A 2-Year Deal Worth $30 Mill.
^Mo and Jeter are the heart of the Yankees.
If someone offers more money and more years....
George wouldn't have said "Here is less money. I know you'll take it because you're loyal to the organization."
He would have said "Here's my checkbook Wink"
The Red Sox talked to Rivera. It would have been something to seen him wearing white at Fenway.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The Red Sox talked to Rivera. It would have been something to seen him wearing white at Fenway.

Did Rivera come up with the Yankees like Jeter?
Stardust Wrote:Did Rivera come up with the Yankees like Jeter?
Since it is the Yankees I doubt it but I can't recall him playing for any other team.
Red Sox were indeed in discussion with Riveria, and reading the report on ESPN.com, that would have sent Papelbon out of town.
Stardust Wrote:Did Rivera come up with the Yankees like Jeter?

Rivera has never been under contract with another team.