Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ky All Star Rosters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here are the rosters for the Kentucky All-Star game.

http://kyeastwest.com/index.html
joejoe Wrote:Here are the rosters for the Kentucky All-Star game.

Who are the head coaches for the two teams? There is a listing at the bottom of both rosters with the assistant coaches, but I couldn't find who the head coaches are.
Not a single player from Trinity on the Louisville squad?? Seems odd given that they're the top ranked team in KY. I know they are very young, with Sophs and Jrs throughout their roster, but no seniors deserving of an invite seems unusual...
WOW!!! Jordan Calton from Harlan Co. didnt make the team.
DaBears Wrote:WOW!!! Jordan Calton from Harlan Co. didnt make the team.

Wasn't he the POY in that Region??
Not one player from Hazard either.
Who picked this? Corey Lyle wins the rushing title in the state and is not invited to this game?
ttt
Is this a senior game?
The border bowl at the university of the cumberlands will be better than this.
BTW They actually take the best players
DaBears Wrote:WOW!!! Jordan Calton from Harlan Co. didnt make the team.

I know that some players declined to play in the bowl game after selected... Maybe Jordan was one of them.
yes, he was POY. i cant figure how they pick the players for the all star game. i say if he was asked to play he would. this kid was one heck of a football player.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The border bowl at the university of the cumberlands will be better than this.

Well, i hope Jordan gets invited to The Border Bowl.
Jordan wasn't asked to play. If Jordan could not play in that game my name ain't Yogibear. Kid is a stud. He'll be in the border bowl.
Players get asked to play in these bowl games and many decline. I think they can be fun and also a great way to meet some of the guys you may be playing ball with as a freshman in college. They can be a good experience.
Kosar Wrote:Who picked this? Corey Lyle wins the rushing title in the state and is not invited to this game?
How many yards did he rush for?
joejoe Wrote:Here are the rosters for the Kentucky All-Star game.

Heights and weights for the fern creek players (the 3 Louisville commits are grossly inaccurate. Jamon brown is 6'5" 315, jalen Harrington is 6'4"215 & Jerrelle Moore is 5'11" 175
DaBears Wrote:Well, i hope Jordan gets invited to The Border Bowl.
I heard Louisville is excluded from the border bowl.
Coachdad Wrote:I heard Louisville is excluded from the border bowl.

Probably only by choice.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The border bowl at the university of the cumberlands will be better than this.

The Border Bowl only take the East side of I-75 in Ky and Tenn.
http://www.ky-tn-borderbowl.com/
How is Jon Combs from Hazard not on this team??
I Rule The World Wrote:How is Jon Combs from Hazard not on this team??

Not sure how he, or any other player, might not have been selected. Players were nominated to play in this game, and coaches had until sometime late in October to nominate players.

Once there was a pool of potential players who were nominated, I have no idea what the selection process was, or who made the final decision.
Not if there is no one from louisville
Coachdad Wrote:Not if there is Boone from louisville
"no one"
In many cases, the 12 class finalists won't have anyone in the All-Star game (thus no Trinity, no Hazard, etc.). I know Male and Highlands do, though.

Some coaches will tell them to pick someone else because their teams are still playing. Also, some basketball coaches aren't going to be happy if players are risking injury for a meaningless All-Star game.

You're never going to have an All-Star/All-State list that makes everyone happy.
They ought to call the border bowl the "Ky. East Side of I-75 Bowl." I am at a loss to see how excluding schools in the western half of the state including Louisville provides any meaningful representation of state football talent. If this is designed to get some eastern Ky. kids' names out there, that is great. I am all for it. The name of the game just confuses me.
Tica Wrote:They ought to call the border bowl the "Ky. East Side of I-75 Bowl." I am at a loss to see how excluding schools in the western half of the state including Louisville provides any meaningful representation of state football talent. If this is designed to get some eastern Ky. kids' names out there, that is great. I am all for it. The name of the game just confuses me.
Tica, buddy we finally agree , and I also throw up the white flag.
I actually do think you know some hs football.
No bad feelings I hope.
First of all allow me to congratulate all the kids that made this team. Sometimes when these lists are critiqued and debated, the accomplishments of the ones ON the list are forgotten.

Now, as mentioned before, this is not a quality list. Many great players are excluded. It would be great to know which players declined, so we would know that they were invited.
cksportsfan Wrote:In many cases, the 12 class finalists won't have anyone in the All-Star game (thus no Trinity, no Hazard, etc.). I know Male and Highlands do, though.

Some coaches will tell them to pick someone else because their teams are still playing. Also, some basketball coaches aren't going to be happy if players are risking injury for a meaningless All-Star game.

You're never going to have an All-Star/All-State list that makes everyone happy.
The "real KY/TENN" game sure used to satisfy me!
LWC Wrote:First of all allow me to congratulate all the kids that made this team. Sometimes when these lists are critiqued and debated, the accomplishments of the ones ON the list are forgotten.

Now, as mentioned before, this is not a quality list. Many great players are excluded. It would be great to know which players declined, so we would know that they were invited.

I know Zack Templin of East Jessamine has deciced not to play in the border bowl
Pages: 1 2