Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Europe's Economy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would anyone happen to have some information on Europe's economy? I heard that there are a few countries in Europe who's governments are failing, and they're having to have the European Union bail them out of their debt. I thought I heard it involved countries like Greece and Ireland.

If all this is true, then I've realized two things. (1) Europe's in MAJOR trouble and (2) how strong our country really is.
I found a video about what's happening to Europe. Just to warn everyone, there is a cuss word in this video. I hope I'm not breaking any rules, and I ask the moderators to please delete this post (or at least remove this video) if this is breaking any rules.

To understand this video, you have to know this: First, please correct me if I'm wrong with any of this. I'm telling only what I understand from hearing what others say, and I honestly don't fully understand what's happening. To my understanding, Europe's economy is collapsing much faster than our economy. One of the European Union countries, Greece, has gotten in so much national debt that they needed someone to bail them out. Since Greece is in the European Union, the European Union paid their national debt. This means that Greece was pretty much bought by the European Union. Greece is now a "protectorate" of the European Union, or that the European Union is the one making the decisions for Greece. This then made a domino affect, causing Ireland to go into major national debt. Therefore, the European Union had to buy out Ireland, meaning the European Union now owns Ireland as well. It's said that Portugal and Spain will be the next two countries to be bought out by the European Union.

Now that you understand this, here's the video:

[YOUTUBE="Nigel Farage speaking at European Union"]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KAWXC5Z0wU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-KAWXC5Z0wU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

By the way, I understand that some of this video might be a little confusing. You have to read stories about what's happening in Europe to fully understand what he's talking about.
I thought our economy was somewhat recovering?

The second poster said that they're collapsing faster than us?

Anyone know how much this will effect us, if at all?
I've been watching Glenn Beck's show for awhile now. According to him, our economy will be in a depression in the next year or two, being similar to the great depression. I know that there are quite a few people who call Glenn Beck a "fear mongerer" (I think that's what they call him). However, I believe him. Just to let everyone know, though, I'm not going to debate over this. If you want to, you can watch some of his videos on his website to understand why he's saying this.

According to what I've heard, Europe's economy is definitely collapsing. And there's lots of rioting and chaos.

About the question whether or not this will affect us, I did hear something on Glenn Beck's television show. Glenn Beck said that what is happening in Europe could soon happen here in the United States. He showed the reason for this by comparing the European Union to the United States. The European Union is having trouble because the nations in their group had too much national debt. Similarly, there are states here in the United States that has a lot of debt. If these states have to have the federal government to bail them out of their debt, we'll be just like Europe is now.
About Greece, here's a video that I found about them. It shows a little bit of what happened to Greece before the bailout.

Keep in mind, though, that since this might be a news channel, they might purposely increase the "hype" of the video. In other words, Greece might not be as bad as they pictured it to be.

Here's the video:

[YOUTUBE="Nigel Farage: Greece in eurozone was a mistake"]<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2ROoN3Eckg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w2ROoN3Eckg&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

The rioting is what Glenn Beck predicts will happen here in the United States. He's continuously encouraged Americans to not become violent or cause any riots, but to help each other during bad economic times.
I'm going to try to explain the trouble that's occurring in Europe the best I can. I'll try to do some more research to make sure what is and isn't correct.

First, I'd like to apologize for panicking over all of this new information, including all of the information I had learned about bible prophecies. It surprised me a lot when I learned all of this information. I also became very anxious when I was trying to tell others of all that I learned. Now that I've known it for awhile, I've been able to calm myself down quite a bit.

What I know about Europe's Economy is that Greece, Great Britain, and Ireland are in trouble with their national debt. I think Portugal and Spain is also having national debt trouble (at least Portugal is). I do know that Spain has around a 20% unemployment rate. Because of their national debt problems, they're having to cut spending. If they don't cut spending, I think they might experience default (which would collapse their economy), but I'm not 100% sure about that. By cutting government spending, they're causing their countries to experience economic collapse.

If you watch the news, you'll notice that Greece is receiving bailout money from the European Union. This prevents Greece from defaulting on its national debt. However, from what I've personally learned, I personally think that Greece will eventually default on its debt, which will cause even more trouble for Greece. Greece is already experiencing riots and an economic crisis because of their cuts in government spending.

I shown you this video above, but I'll show you it again. I think this video was after Greece received bailout money and Ireland was being considered to receive bailout money. Just to warn all of you, this video does have a cuss word. Here's the video:

[YOUTUBE="Nigel Farage at European Union"]<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gm9q8uabTs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gm9q8uabTs?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

(Could a moderator help me with this video? I'm having a lot of trouble with it. Sad Here's the link: )

When I watch this video, Nigel Farage first mentions that the European Union is in trouble and that the European Union could be destroyed financially. However, the European Union is willing to try to save the European Union, even if that means getting rid of democracy in the European Union. I'm not exactly sure why they would be willing to remove democracy. I'm not sure how removing democracy would help the European Union.

Something else that Nigel Farage mentions is that it seems that there aren't many people in Europe who want to be involved with the European Union. From what I understand, it seems that those in Europe would rather want to have their own nation-state instead of being apart of one "United States of Europe".

Just to tell everyone, the problem that Greece had is exactly the problem that we're about to face. Greece had too much debt and they experienced an economic collapse. We have too much national debt, and that's why both me and Hoot Gibson are trying to warn all of you that an economic crisis could be very soon (which could be around August 2 of this year, which is the deadline to increase our national debt limit). Greece is just ahead of us, which is exactly what Glenn Beck has been saying. What they're currently experiencing is what we're about to experience.

At the end of Nigel Farage's speech, he mentions that the collapse of the European Union is worse than economics. If the European Union removes democracy from their nations, then Nigel Farage mentions that the people of those nations would become violent and start riots.
Europe's economy is crumbling, especially in the cases of Greece, Ireland, and Iceland. The largest country that is in danger of collapsing under the weight of public debt is Spain, which not coincidentally spent large sums of money building wind turbines. Portugal's economy is also in serious trouble. The potential for a domino effect in the case of the EU has been compounded by their decision to move to a common currency.

Meanwhile, in this country, Democrats are refusing to even pass a budget (as required by law) in the US Senate, as our national debt has soared above $14 trillion and the total amount of unfunded obligations, including Social Security and Medicare has climbed to over $50 trillion. Obama and the Democrats are pursuing exactly the same kind of fiscally irresponsible policies that threaten to bankrupt Europe.

Most European governments, including Greece, see the writing on the wall and have begun curtailing the growth of government programs in an effort to stave off a total system failure. Here, Democrats are proposing more spending to "stimulate" the economy.
the more you watch the less you know
vector Wrote:the more you watch the less you know
Brilliant observation! You currently have posted 9 messages and 3 of them are identical to the one above. What do you watch to have acquired such a diverse array of knowledge? :biggrin:
it sure isn't fox news or glenn beck
i would bet you do not work and drawing some kind of goverment check
"Finally, a guy who says what people who aren't thinking are thinking." –Jon Stewart, on the "The Daily Show"
vector Wrote:i would bet you do not work and drawing some kind of goverment check
Another repeat post. Do you rely one of those Magic 8 balls for your fresh ideas? 10 posts and 4 reruns already. Maybe it's time to dust off the old Ouija board.
well do you draw a goverment check
mr hoot still waiting on a answer

i would say you are a retired teacher who will be taking care of by the taxpayers
vector Wrote:well do you draw a goverment check
If you are curious, try using the search feature. If you want serious responses, try contributing to the thread topic. Also, punctuation, grammar, and spelling never go out of style.

Accusing me of not working and drawing government checks, as you repeatedly misspell "goverment" (sic) (the word has always contained an "n," to the best of my knowledge) is pretty ironic. I have spent hundreds of hours watching Fox News Channel over the years, so by your reckoning my ability to reason should be pretty well shot by now - or maybe FNC viewers are not quite the ignoramuses that you think we are. :lmao:
vector Wrote:mr hoot still waiting on a answer

i would say you are a retired teacher who will be taking care of by the taxpayers
Maybe an English teacher:thatsfunn
If spelling makes someone ignorant than you should never watch glen beck.
nky Wrote:Maybe an English teacher:thatsfunn
Not even close but although I do not currently draw a government check, I do know how to spell the word government. Mr. Vector, OTOH, has tried unsuccessfully to spell the word all three times that he has used it in this forum. I am pulling for him to break the string on his fourth attempt. :biggrin:
a lot of these so called tea party people will or are going to recieve some kind of goverNment check but don't know who fights for the checks

the tea party wants to do away with unions no regulations social security medicare if you are 55 and younger they will give you a voucher i call it a coupon then you will have to go out and buy it yourself and on top of that they want to cut the tax rate on the rich down to 25% tax cuts don't create jobs it's the middle class we have cut there tax's and degraulate there business's and look where we are at but what do i know i'm just a coal miner since 1977
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If spelling makes someone ignorant than you should never watch glen beck.
I don't care for Beck's show myself but I give him credit for his research and preparation for his show. Too many talking heads (Bill O'Reilly, for one) just show up most nights and read from a script. BTW, since I am in a spell-checking mood tonight, Beck spells his name Glenn, but I don't know how his parents spelled it. :biggrin:
vector Wrote:a lot of these so called tea party people will or are going to recieve some kind of goverNment check but don't know who fights for the checks

the tea party wants to do away with unions no regulations social security medicare if you are 55 and younger they will give you a voucher i call it a coupon then you will have to go out and buy it yourself and on top of that they want to cut the tax rate on the rich down to 25% tax cuts don't create jobs it's the middle class we have cut there tax's and degraulate there business's and look where we are at but what do i know i'm just a coal miner since 1977
I have a mining engineering degree and my first job other than paperboy was as a UMWA miner in Martin County in the summer of 1976. However, because of illegal wildcat strikes, I only got to work about every other day that summer. The rest of the time, roving pickets wearing ski masks and armed with clubs and guns kept me away from my job. People like Richard Trumka and Barack Obama are destroying what is left of our economy.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't care for Beck's show myself but I give him credit for his research and preparation for his show. Too many talking heads (Bill O'Reilly, for one) just show up most nights and read from a script. BTW, since I am in a spell-checking mood tonight, Beck spells his name Glenn, but I don't know how his parents spelled it. :biggrin:

I don't watch either show. But hey how many people can spell OLIGARH. Smile
i have worked thru carter,reagan,bush1,clinton,bush2 and know tru obama
reagan the one who started this mess were in busted the unions deragulated
the banks and companys started the deficits the black guy just Inherited
a mess but i just can't figuire out how a working man could vote for the Republican party the way they are now
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I don't watch either show. But hey how many people can spell OLIGARH. Smile
I am a decent speller but I tend to omit letters and entire words when I am typing fast and I am even worse when I am writing by hand. After a few weeks, even I have trouble reading what I have written. :biggrin:
vector Wrote:i have worked thru carter,reagan,bush1,clinton,bush2 and know tru obama
reagan the one who started this mess were in busted the unions deragulated
the banks and companys started the deficits the black guy just Inherited
a mess but i just can't figuire out how a working man could vote for the Republican party the way they are now
And I can't figure out how a working man who has made a decent living working in our capitalist system could vote for a Marxist for president. There is nothing fair about taking away a man's property and giving it to people who are too lazy and dishonest to work for a living. Obama and the Democrats are driving wealth out of this country and no union can create and sustain good paying jobs in a bankrupt economy. Democrats are following the recipe that got Greeks into their current mess but there is no country with an economy big enough to bail this country out when we hit rock bottom. Is that the future you want to leave for future generations?
the answer is not keep giving tax cuts to the rich because it does not work
general electric made a profit of 14 billion dollars last year and got a tax refund check 3 billion theres something wrong with that picture we have got the lowest tax rate since the 1950's fighting two war's and have over three hundred million people we have to have a fair tax system and cut spending and have to do something about the cost of health care
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the signing of the Clean Air Act Amendments, a landmark piece of legislation that has led to significant environmental and public health benefits across the United States. The Clean Air Act was signed by President Richard Nixon on December 31, 1970 to foster the growth of a strong American economy and industry while improving human health and the environment. President Richard Nixon recognized the Clean Air Act as a beginning, stating, "I think that 1970 will be known as the year of the beginning, in which we really began to move on the problems of clean air and clean water and open spaces for the future generations of America".

On November 15, 1990 the Clean Air Act was revised with overwhelming bipartisan support and signed
into law by President George H. W. Bush. Specifically the amendments were designed to curb four major
threats to the environment and to the health of millions of Americans: acid rain, urban air pollution, toxic
air emissions, and stratospheric ozone depletion. The amendments also established a national operating
permits program to make the law more workable, and strengthened enforcement to help ensure better
compliance with the Act.

in today's political environmet these guy's would be way to the left that's how far right the repbulican party has gone it's there way or no way
well if you worked in the umwa in 1976 it had to be for island creek at middlefork that's the only union mines in martin county
vector Wrote:the answer is not keep giving tax cuts to the rich because it does not work
general electric made a profit of 14 billion dollars last year and got a tax refund check 3 billion theres something wrong with that picture we have got the lowest tax rate since the 1950's fighting two war's and have over three hundred million people we have to have a fair tax system and cut spending and have to do something about the cost of health care
GE was one of Barack Obama's biggest supporters during the 2008 campaign. Obama could not have created his own network and received more favorable campaign coverage than what he got from GE's MSNBC network. Maybe Obama's cozy relationship with GE CEO Jeffrey Imelt had something to do with GE not paying any federal taxes. Immelt currently is a member of President Obama's Economic Recovery Advisory board.

Do you honestly think that raising the tax rate on rich people will make this nation more prosperous? Do you know that almost half of the adults in this country pay no federal income taxes and that people who rank in the top 1 percent of incomes already pay 38 percent of all US federal income taxes in this country and the top 5 percent pay nearly 58 percent of our federal tax bill?

Look at the state unemployment rates around the country and you can easily pick out the states that are controlled by Democrats. They are the states with the highest income tax rates and the highest unemployment rates - states like California, Illinois, Michigan, and New York. Companies and wealthy individuals are moving to states like Texas, Tennessee, and Florida where their own state governments do not see them as sheep ready for fleecing.

On a national level, companies are moving their money and jobs offshore for the same reasons that mass migrations of capital are occurring within our borders.

Raising tax rates when our unemployment rate is already above 9 percent is just plain dumb. We need to be figuring out how to lower the rates and convince the world that the United States is open for business again. We cannot afford to give liberal Democrats and socialists like Obama four more years to drive jobs overseas.
Pages: 1 2