Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Football Takes Scholarships Away From Committed Players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guyer defensive end/middle linebacker Blake Terry has had his offer from Kentucky to play football revoked. He was informed on Sunday via telephone by his recruiting coach Larry Brinson.

Terry, who started at outside linebacker for Guyer as a sophomore and at middle linebacker as a junior, was moved to defensive end for his senior season. He was moved back to middle linebacker for the regular season finale against Southlake Carroll due to a Josh Allen injury. Since his return to his favorite position four games ago, Terry has been lights out for the Wildcats.

In those four games, the 6-1, 230-pound senior who was recruited as a linebacker, has compiled 48 tackles with nine behind the line of scrimmage. He's also had two sacks, a forced fumble and an interception. He had 20 tackles in Guyer's playoff win over Marcus.

Before the move, he had 49 tackles with 14 behind the line, two sacks and 12 QB hurries from his defensive end position.

But on Sunday, he fell victim to the cruel game of college recruiting.

"I'm just a little upset," Terry said. "If you make a commitment somewhere and they pull it basically they weren't committed to you as much as you are to them. I know, being a good athlete, something is bound to come through. God has blessed me somehow. I have bigger things to worry about now and playing for my team right now.

"I was committed. I didn't talk to anyone but them. I let everyone know my options were closed. I was solid. But I guess they weren't as solid as me. I have to move on and pray about it and see what comes my way."

Before he committed to Kentucky on June 22, he also had standing offers from Sam Houston State, UT-San Antonio, Louisiana-Monroe and Colorado State. Now he's back on the "open market", and Terry is anxious for another shot and possibly a chance down the road to prove to Kentucky that they made a mistake.

"I'd be more than happy to play in the SEC and play for a team that plays them and line up against them and show them that they made a huge mistake," he said. "I just want to play somewhere and have them know they should've never let me go."

http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.com/ar...for-b.html
Just wonderful. With Davis taking a recent visit to Oregon and Oregon also being hot on Dawson, I see the coaching staff is failing in the recruiting department as well....Like to see who they pulled his scholarship for, probably some more JUCO trash that never pans out (minus Matthews and Johnson).
Why wrong kids like this? Makes no sense.
UK is not the only school that does this.
Scholarships are given based on production and need in that position. PLayers choose to switch schools all the time. If the student athlete was not living up to his scholarship then by all means let the kid go. Is it right? In your eyes No. For the good of the team? Yes,
Schools pull scholarship offers all the time.

If this decision was made for Lamar Dawson, I'm sure no one would mind at all.
Wish Cal would pull JH's scholarship.
Aslan Wrote:Wish Cal would pull JH's scholarship.

haha classic man :Thumbs:
I wonder if theres some way we could get Hartline to pay his full tuition back since hes done nothing but cause me many headaches and on several occasions caused me to throw up in my mouth.
If I could like the last two posts, I would.
It's a business. It happens.
The scholly was pulled for a bigger prospect and with more potential.. If Kentucky is ever going to compete in the SEC, they have to take chances and do these types of things for the betterment of the program...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:haha classic man :Thumbs:
I wonder if theres some way we could get Hartline to pay his full tuition back since hes done nothing but cause me many headaches and on several occasions caused me to throw up in my mouth.

:lmao: LOL!!! I can't stop laughing.