Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: State Championships Attendance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
With the teams that are coming to Bowling Green this year, I think the attendance will be up from last year and possibly the best attended in a long time. I hope everyone enjoys their trip and makes it home safely.
With ACS in the finals this year, I look for 4A to have more. I was impressed last year with Lone Oak's turn out, but Scottsville being just down the road, I look for that town to be empty on Friday night.
adopted purple Wrote:With the teams that are coming to Bowling Green this year, I think the attendance will be up from last year and possibly the best attended in a long time. I hope everyone enjoys their trip and makes it home safely.

I've kind of heard the opposite. There was so much news about traffic being so bad last year, I've heard people say they don't want to fight it. I know that NCC is really trying to find creative ways to get groups of their fans to go, but many are saying they just don't like the logistics issues. I don't know if the logistics issues are legit or not, but it does seem to be on peoples minds.
Stardust Wrote:I've kind of heard the opposite. There was so much news about traffic being so bad last year, I've heard people say they don't want to fight it. I know that NCC is really trying to find creative ways to get groups of their fans to go, but many are saying they just don't like the logistics issues. I don't know if the logistics issues are legit or not, but it does seem to be on peoples minds.

NCC has just lost in the finals so many times that their fans are sitting this loss out.
I'll be there for both Friday and Saturday games.:Cheerlead
will be there late friday night, wont get to watch those games, but will watch sat, the 1st game for sure...go PIRATES...,may all games be very competitive and injury free..
Stardust IMO a true fan will not let traffic stop them from attending a State Championship game. If my team was playing in Florida, I would attend. If it's 0 degrees and snowing, I would attend. All they need to do is allow an extra hour and leave earlier to avoid the traffic issues that may come.
Rebel55 Wrote:Stardust IMO a true fan will not let traffic stop them from attending a State Championship game. If my team was playing in Florida, I would attend. If it's 0 degrees and snowing, I would attend. All they need to do is allow an extra hour and leave earlier to avoid the traffic issues that may come.

I agree 100%. Living in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky I have no sympathy for fans in Northern Kentucky with umpteen interstates who are going to miss their team play due to "Logistics". I have traveled all over Kentucky watching my teams play in every state tournament with the exception of football. If they ever make it, I will be there freezing like everyone else.
The 4A game will have the biggest crowd. Word is, ACS brought 2,500 to Western friday night. Apparently that was judged based off Western's visitor side that holds approximately 2,500.

Boyle will bring a crowd also. I could very easilty see the attendance of this game being between 12-15,000 people. Yes, that many. No, I'm not crazy.
I guess Newport Catholic is not use to traveling over twenty minutes to a game. I guess the "difficult" drive down I-75 to Corbin really tired their fans out.
Harry Doyle Wrote:The 4A game will have the biggest crowd. Word is, ACS brought 2,500 to Western friday night. Apparently that was judged based off Western's visitor side that holds approximately 2,500.

Boyle will bring a crowd also. I could very easilty see the attendance of this game being between 12-15,000 people. Yes, that many. No, I'm not crazy.

I agree. Boyle always brings a lot of fans, and with ACS being right down the road there is no reason the whole town shouldn't be there. Should easily be 10,000+ people for that game.
It does not matter where or when, it does not matter what the traffic conditions or the weather conditions, if my team is playing for a state championship, I'll be there.

This year's players only get a chance to play for the 2010 championship one time, it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, it should not be treated as anything else. It does not matter if they are the favorite or an underdog, A TRUE FAN WILL BE THERE TO CHEER THEIR TEAM ON.

I only wish all games could be sellouts. The players deserve nothing less.

If you are worried about the distance or the traffic, get a group and charter a bus to the game. The cost is usually less than driving yourselves, it is easier on your body and it leaves less of an impact on the environment.
IF the weather permits itself i can gurantee hazard will bring a crew.
i say say Belfry will have probally 5-6 thousand there self, i think thats about what went in 07
Will be much colder with the way the stadium is more open.
Bell Co's visitor side holds 2,300 and Boyle Co had it filled. They travel far and wide.
Highlands and Trinity bring lots of fans. It should be a great weekend playing in a great atmosphere.
I'd love to attend, to far for me though.

[URL="http://www.youjizz.com"]
[/URL]
I love the games at Western. The stadium is a much better fit for High School games. I also feel that the people at Western go out of their way to make things right and are very hospitable.
People who used the garages last year had long waits.

Fans who parked in the lots were in and out w/o that much of a problem. It's a game. There was a crowd. There will be delays.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:I guess Newport Catholic is not use to traveling over twenty minutes to a game. I guess the "difficult" drive down I-75 to Corbin really tired their fans out.

Well, they do have to travel 10 minutes to home games to borrow a field because they're too cash strapped to have their own field.
Highlands, Boyle, Trinity, Belfry, and Mayfield all have very good traveling fanbases. I would expect 4000+ from each of these fanbases

Christian County, Hazard, and O'Cath will all bring good crowds. I would estimate 2500-3000.

AC-Scottsville will use their success and geography to bring a huge crowd. Probably in the 3000-4500 range.

Male, NewCath, and Central will probably have disappointing crowds. Male will be pulled up a little by playing Trinity, but otherwise I would be surprised to see any of these schools bring over 2000 fans.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Highlands, Boyle, Trinity, Belfry, and Mayfield all have very good traveling fanbases. I would expect 4000+ from each of these fanbases

Christian County, Hazard, and O'Cath will all bring good crowds. I would estimate 2500-3000.

AC-Scottsville will use their success and geography to bring a huge crowd. Probably in the 3000-4500 range.

Male, NewCath, and Central will probably have disappointing crowds. Male will be pulled up a little by playing Trinity, but otherwise I would be surprised to see any of these schools bring over 2000 fans.

It's tough to bring fans when you don't have many. NewCath doesn't have 2000 fans.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Well, they do have to travel 10 minutes to home games to borrow a field because they're too cash strapped to have their own field.
not every school can "buy" their stuff like the people of Ft. Thomas. By the way NCC is land lock and it would be tough to put a field on the hill. But you should know that being the type of person you are.

Wideleft01 Wrote:It's tough to bring fans when you don't have many. NewCath doesn't have 2000 fans.
small schools usually don't have many fans especially intercity schools with limited budgets.
3A will be the biggest discrepancy IMO. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Belfry had 10-15 times more fans that Central.
nky Wrote:not every school can "buy" their stuff like the people of Ft. Thomas. By the way NCC is land lock and it would be tough to put a field on the hill. But you should know that being the type of person you are.

small schools usually don't have many fans especially intercity schools with limited budgets.

To Bad they didn't jump at the chance to get that property at the bottom of the hill before KMart snatched it up.
Harry Doyle Wrote:The 4A game will have the biggest crowd. Word is, ACS brought 2,500 to Western friday night. Apparently that was judged based off Western's visitor side that holds approximately 2,500.

I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that every school gets the same amount of discounted $8 tickets to sell. Any tickets not sold have to be returned to the KHSAA. Boyle sold out there tickets last year before they even had a chance to go to the public. I'm sure ACS will bring the kitchen sink for this game.
Our local TV station (WBKO) says highs of 55 and lows of 35 for Friday and Saturday. Thats football weather man.
tradition Wrote:To Bad they didn't jump at the chance to get that property at the bottom of the hill before KMart snatched it up.

My understanding is that years ago they owned that property and are the ones who sold it to the Kmart developer.
I think for the 4A game there should have a good turn out. Boyle always brings alot and ACS is just down the road. Parking is what im not looking forward to. We took an RV down last year and went the way the KHSAA sighs told us and it was a mess. We were blocked in for an hr or so. Does anyone know if there is a lot for RV's?
Pages: 1 2 3 4