Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BCi Middle School State Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How did any of the local teams fair in the BCi Middle School State Tournament in Louisville?
Virgie defeated Dorton in the finals. It was said that the Lex Cath/ Dorton 2 OT game was the best of the tourney.

Congrats to both teams! Way to represent Pike Co.!
congrat's Virgie & Dorton
Clay's 7th won the 7th grade side. They are very talented. This group also won their conference in football.
Congrads Virgie!
Congrats Virgie
The tournament was very exciting and competitive. Virgie had a great tournament as did we. The Lex Cath game was one I will remember for a long time. Virgie beat some good teams in Scott Co. and Ockerman.
That's wild that in a statewide tournament the two best teams in Pike County meet in the finals from opposite sides of the bracket...With Virgie winning the state Championship last yaer this is really good representation for the 15th Region..
This tournament was in Florence
Good win for Virgie and glad to see Dorton right there with them in the finals.
Good job to Virgie and Dorton
Both teams had to play some good talent to get to the finals
Dorton played 5 games that day and Virige played 4
The final game was a very slow paced games
Both teams were just trying to make it through the game
I plan on seeing a very fast past and run and gun next game
I look for Virgie to go inside because of the size advantage
Can't wait to wacth these two teams play up Dorton
There is always a great crowd
G/l to both teams
i love this like alfus said this says alot for the 15th region
The BCI tournament was a great one, and the KBA State Championship in February(24-26) will be even more exciting with over 60 teams.
I know both of these teams are good but if jcms were there it could of been a different out come. Dorton has 2 really solid gaurds and virgie has good post presents, but jc has 3 and 3 big guys. They will be a top contender in the kba state tourny :wenumber1
"JCHSEAGLE7132" Wrote:I know both of these teams are good but if jcms were there it could of been a different out come. Dorton has 2 really solid gaurds and virgie has good post presents, but jc has 3 and 3 big guys. They will be a top contender in the kba state tourny :wenumber1

I always heard Virgie was the best Middle School team in the 15th Region area....Do you beg to differ?
"JCHSEAGLE7132" Wrote:I know both of these teams are good but if jcms were there it could of been a different out come. Dorton has 2 really solid gaurds and virgie has good post presents, but jc has 3 and 3 big guys. They will be a top contender in the kba state tourny :wenumber1

Wasn't JCMS in the Pikeville Invitational last month? How did they finish there?
Virgie play JC early this yr at home and beat them by20 w/o ashley hatfield playing
And they were supose to play in the pikeville collage touramnet but jc had to cancel because they could not get a bus because of the weather
So y would this have been i different outcome JCHSEAGLE7132?????
i beg to differ alfus21 or wat ever your name is, jcms has a center 6ft. 1in. 235lbs and is dominate (josh lackey). there power forward (robert smith)can jump out of the gym and is 6ft. 2in. 215lbs they also have a 6ft 3 guy off the bench. nate dillon chris hill and jeremy stacy in the front court also. they r the best.
"the bliZZ" Wrote:i beg to differ alfus21 or wat ever your name is, jcms has a center 6ft. 1in. 235lbs and is dominate (josh lackey). there power forward (robert smith)can jump out of the gym and is 6ft. 2in. 215lbs they also have a 6ft 3 guy off the bench. nate dillon chris hill and jeremy stacy in the front court also. they r the best.

JC is about #8 in the Pike, Johnson, Martin, Lawerence area. On a FULL size court their bigs are not real effective
when jc played virgie they got beat by 12 and they didnt have nate dillon. in the pikeville invatational they finished 3rd because of whether. they also have only lost 3 games 1 to lawrance 1 to virgie and 1 to breathitt co at breathit and at virgie
Eastern Kentucky teams are as good as any one.This tourney was first class all the way good job Virgie and Dorton
"the bliZZ" Wrote:when jc played virgie they got beat by 12 and they didnt have nate dillon. in the pikeville invatational they finished 3rd because of whether. they also have only lost 3 games 1 to lawrance 1 to virgie and 1 to breathitt co at breathit and at virgie

3 losses does not put you in dominating company with Virgie...
Agreed Alfus21 Virgie has the record to support the claim.
When Virgie beat jcms the won be like 20
and Virgie was w/o two of their starters Donovan Hamilton and Ashley Hatfeild
JCMS doesn't compare to Virgie, or Dorton for that matter.
Virgie is for real. But I didn't think Dorton was that good. #3 was awesome, but he didn't have much help. It took them 2 OT's to knock off LexCath, and Clay has beat Catholic twice this year quite easy both times.
"51513" Wrote:Virgie is for real. But I didn't think Dorton was that good. #3 was awesome, but he didn't have much help. It took them 2 OT's to knock off LexCath, and Clay has beat Catholic twice this year quite easy both times.
Did you play for Clay's middle school team? They were an outstanding group. I hope they stay together. Maybe you're just a bb fan.:graduate:
"51513" Wrote:Virgie is for real. But I didn't think Dorton was that good. #3 was awesome, but he didn't have much help. It took them 2 OT's to knock off LexCath, and Clay has beat Catholic twice this year quite easy both times.

You're probably right. Dorton may not be THAT good, but then that sure says a lot about the heart of the players to fight their way through a tournament of this caliber. Dorton probably did play a little over their heads, but Lex Cath is definitely no slouch. Virgie only beat them by 3 at Paintsville on New Year's Eve.
Lmao But I Hate To Brag But Isn't Virgie Like The Best In Football And Basketball? I Know Since I Went To School There They Was Always Winning Titles And Everything Else!
"alfus21" Wrote:I always heard Virgie was the best Middle School team in the 15th Region area....Do you beg to differ?
yeah i herd they would no play sfms
Pages: 1 2