Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Joe Paterno To Coach In 2011 (Football)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- Joe Paterno says he plans to return as Penn State coach next season, putting an end to any speculation about retirement.

The Nittany Lions meet Michigan State (No. 10 BCS, No. 11 AP) in the regular-season finale on Saturday, leading some fans and writers to wonder if this would be the 83-year-old coach's last appearance at Beaver Stadium.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5842639
I said it once before and I will say it again: He will coach until he dies OR the University removes him.
How old is Joe?? Wait, I saw he was 83. Wow!
LWC Wrote:I said it once before and I will say it again: He will coach until he dies OR the University removes him.

Agreed
I thought the same about Bowden and I still think it's a shame FSU let Bobby go.
Horray! Smile I like to watch loyal coaches.
Gotta respect Ole Joe Pa. He loves that university.
I like and respect what he is doing, and he certainly deserves the right to coach at PSU for as long as he wants. But the reality of it is, he is hurting the program that he so proudly built. It's time to let go and turn the reigns over. Sorry guys, but this is Adolph Rupp/Joe B Hall all over again. It's time to let the program evolve into a new identity.
I surely thought this was his last year.
Old School Wrote:I surely thought this was his last year.

But Old School, you started saying that in 1995 as well!
Stardust Wrote:But Old School, you started saying that in 1995 as well!

And every year since.