Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Middle School Rankings (Nov. 21 - Nov. 27)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.virgie - 67 - 6
2.johnson central - 64 - 1
3.betsy layne - 57
4.adams - 47
5.martin county - 33
6.elkhorn city - 31
7.maggoffin county - 25
8.allen central - 24
9.pikeville - 14
10.allen - 11

***Others receiving votes: dorton, feds creek, johns creek, wesley christian

votes in this weeks panel: myself, Coach Howard (Betsy Layne), Coach Howell (Adams), Coach Wright (Allen), Coach Davis (Dorton), Coach Holbrooke (Johnson Central), Coach Jarrell (Wesley)

Please everyone, keep us all update on scores each week between all teams in this region so we can keep these rankings as accurate as we can.
Good list. Nice to see my Eagles get recognized. Hopefully all teams work hard and prove there worth.
Wesley Christian -vs- # 5 Martin County - Monday at Wesley

Who else plays this week?
Adams at Dorton Tuesday
Johnson County plays at Hindman on Tuesday and play Chavies at AB Combs on Wednesday.
Don't forget Louisa is in the 15th. We are pretty decent.
Did I miss anyone?

Louisa
Fallsburg
Blaine

Johnson Co (Black)
Johnson Co (Gold)
Paintsville

Martin Co. Middle

Adams
Allen
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
John M. Stumbo
South Floyd
Wesley Christian

Virgie
Dorton
Pikeville
Belfry
Elkhorn City
Mullins
Johns Creek
Feds Creek
Phelps
Kimper
WCSCoach Wrote:Did I miss anyone?

Louisa
Fallsburg
Blaine

Johnson Co (Black)
Johnson Co (Gold)
Paintsville

Martin Co. Middle

Adams
Allen
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
John M. Stumbo
South Floyd
Wesley Christian

Virgie
Dorton
Pikeville
Belfry
Elkhorn City
Mullins
Johns Creek
Feds Creek
Phelps
Kimper

Magoffin County
Verity 7ty plays Lawrence 7th on 11-22....who are players to watch?
MR. Slate Wrote:Magoffin County

Magoffin slipped my mind although I did vote for them in my top 10. Coach Russell has a fine ball club.
I would like to have either a coach or some kind of school official from all 15th region grade schools to have a vote in this panel every week so we get a better vote range for the schools. Would at least like to have one vote from a school in Lawrence County, Martin County and Maggoffin County.
MR. Slate Wrote:Magoffin County

I forgot Millard also
These are just some crazy thoughts that would help get kids even more excited about basketball in the 15th at this level. We have the 15th region tournament every year at the expo, what if we moved it to after the KBA and did a 16 team playoff for the 15th region title. All of the County Champions in the 15th get auto bids and the rest of the bracket is made up by coaches voting. Just a wild idea...

Also, possible having a awards banquet at the end of the year for the players of this region. Reward Player of the year, all 15th region first and second team, coach of the year, game of the year, student athlete of the year, etc...
I think that having it after the KBA state tournament would be a problem. It is hard to continue playing after that. The district and regional tournaments are starting and some kids are getting ready for baseball. I like the idea but I just don't think the timing would work out. If we could work it out during Christmas break, I think it would be better. Have the awards before the state tournament while everyone still has basketball on their mind.
Either way, it would be a great idea! Maybe the previous year's county champions get the auto bids.
Nice List!
How are the points calculated? (more coaches would be good)
This is interesting, nonetheless!!!!!!!!
#10 Allen defeats Paintsville @ Paintsville tonight.
Betsy Layne defeats Hazard tonight at Hazard, forget the final score but it was by double digits.

#3 Betsy Layne @ #10 Allen Tuesday night
Magoffin 8th grade defeats Louisa by 9, Louisa 7th grade defeats Magoffin by 11. May be off a point or 2 on each game.
Looks like doe-doe has his boys ready this year..I dont look for them to lose many games.