Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok i know it is way early,but what do you think they will look like next year?What do they have coming back?What will be their strengths and weakness?
You're going to be talking about a totally different team next year.
It will definitely be a rebuilding year and the whole backfield will be gone.
It's to early to tell right now just how things are going to shape out, we should know more throughout the winter.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You're going to be talking about a totally different team next year.
It will definitely be a rebuilding year and the whole backfield will be gone.
It's to early to tell right now just how things are going to shape out, we should know more throughout the winter.

The junior class next year was very good in middle school 7th grade undefeated and only losing to Bell as 8th graders in a close game. The juniors next year are very talented and by mid-season should be a good team, Whitley usually plays a tough schedule early. Harlan will be a favorite to win the district and Perry Central should be the good. Whitley and Letcher will be in the botttom half of the 4 teams. This will be a very good district, I really look for all 4 teams to be playing in round 2 of the playoffs.
cherokee Wrote:The junior class next year was very good in middle school 7th grade undefeated and only losing to Bell as 8th graders in a close game. The juniors next year are very talented and by mid-season should be a good team, Whitley usually plays a tough schedule early. Harlan will be a favorite to win the district and Perry Central should be the good. Whitley and Letcher will be in the botttom half of the 4 teams. This will be a very good district, I really look for all 4 teams to be playing in round 2 of the playoffs.

Youre right on. The middle school program has been the backbone of the program for years now. Donnie Fox probably has more wins than just about any middle school coach thats ever coached.
I know he went numerous years in a row without ever losing a game. I remember when i was in middle school we never lost a game. Now that hes moving on i hope we can get somebody in their that can really step up the middle school program instead of hiring "buddies" to take care of it.

Whitley will have a long way to go next year and within 2-3 years should be back in the hunt for a regional title. Next year were going to have a lot of learning going on.
Any freshman or sophmores that can step up and help out?
IMO whitley will be hurting next year.
bump