Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floyd county conference title up for grabs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the wacky way the 58th has been this season halfway through the year 3 teams are tied for the conference title! Prestonsburg still has to play bl at the dome and sf at sf! South Floyd still has to play bl at the dome and prestonsburg at home! Betsy Layne has to play both sf and pburg at home! With that being said who is your favorite to take the conference title? With the way pburg is playin right now I would half to give them the edge!
No, Prestonsburg has to be play BL at Prestonsburg and SF up Wheelwright.
South Floyd won't lose another game as long as the 2 refs that reffereed them and P-Burg last night aren't there. Its gonna be hard for SF to do anything now this year, I think all the refs are against them now b.c what all they done.
Im going with BL they we will get some payback for that loss and then we'll beat p-burg
Go Blackcats!
Prestonsburg will get the No.1 seed, and don't forget that district tournament is at the burg.
"jayblackcat2006" Wrote:Prestonsburg will get the No.1 seed, and don't forget that district tournament is at the burg.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Coach Hall and the Raiders are not going to let p.brug walk in Raider Arena and beat them like they did Saturday night...SF will be ready to play ball next time, the BL game at the dome will be hard to win but they will go in playing harder than ever after they saw that BL almost beat em at home in a very close game....thats my predictions....Good Luck Raiders!
i agree team sprit...the raiders will be ready to play
If everyone plays their best ball I have to give an edge to P'Burg
With everyone playing there best the edge would go to SF. If they would keep there tempers down, starting playing team ball, and work as hard as they could, they WOULD be the best in the district, maybe the region. They have so much talent in Ethan Johnson, Ryan Johnson, Ryan Little, and Mason Hall. If they could learn to use there talent with a TEAM effort, they'd be unstoppable and thats a fact. They have all the tools a team needs to win, an awesome point guard, 2 great shooters for Ryan to kick it out to, an awesome big man( when hes under control), and a deep bench if Coach Hall needs it. Its there own fault if they don't win anything this year.
That's your opinion, and Im glad you feel strong about your team. However I have a different opinion. I hope all the teams in the region peek and play their best come tourny time. But we all know that won't happen.
"basketballstar" Wrote:With everyone playing there best the edge would go to SF. If they would keep there tempers down, starting playing team ball, and work as hard as they could, they WOULD be the best in the district, maybe the region. They have so much talent in Ethan Johnson, Ryan Johnson, Ryan Little, and Mason Hall. If they could learn to use there talent with a TEAM effort, they'd be unstoppable and thats a fact. They have all the tools a team needs to win, an awesome point guard, 2 great shooters for Ryan to kick it out to, an awesome big man( when hes under control), and a deep bench if Coach Hall needs it. Its there own fault if they don't win anything this year.

I totally agree.
I would have to give the edge to PBURG just bc districts are there and that play awsome on their home floor just like anyone else does in the region.....But I have to give BL credit they did beat us once and I bet it wont happen again this yr...and I think it could be a 3 way tie for district...and IF im not mistaken the team with the best over all record takes the # 1 seed someone correct me if im wrong
"basketballstar" Wrote:With everyone playing there best the edge would go to SF. If they would keep there tempers down, starting playing team ball, and work as hard as they could, they WOULD be the best in the district, maybe the region. They have so much talent in Ethan Johnson, Ryan Johnson, Ryan Little, and Mason Hall. If they could learn to use there talent with a TEAM effort, they'd be unstoppable and thats a fact. They have all the tools a team needs to win, an awesome point guard, 2 great shooters for Ryan to kick it out to, an awesome big man( when hes under control), and a deep bench if Coach Hall needs it. Its there own fault if they don't win anything this year.
I dont know about that basket... I mean, now every team will be gunning and doing things to SF to try to get them to lose there cool. The refs will be looking closer to them than they will any other team. So it goes way beyond talent and depth here. From now on out, SF will be playing more than just the 5 on the floor, and they should expect a physical beating from every team they play from here on out.
I think they flip a coin to see who gets what in a tie, SF has the most talent just getting them to play together is the thing....
well said basketballonlyfan
Heres how i think the tourney will play out...

1. South Floyd 1. South Floyd 1. South Floyd
2. Prestonsburg 3. Betsy Layne
3. Betsy Layne
4. Allen Central
This is a toss up between Pburg and SF
yeah i agree i think it will come down to South Floyd & Prestonsburg in the Championship game
I think the Floyd County Board of Education has a grudge against South Floyd for some reason. I know they have had a few fights this year, but how many has the players been involved in? I think if there is a fight, then both sides should be in trouble. Not just one. Maybe the board of education is tired of South Floyd winning the district every year and they want some fresh blood to win it a year or two and they know getting rid of South Floyd is the only way to get that to happen.
1.) South Floyd is by far th bst team in the district. The problem is, Coach Barry Hall can't seem to get them to play together. Ryan Johnson is one of the region's top guards, and Mason Hall and Ethan Johnson can fill it up from dontown. Ryan Little, when composed and focused, is a beast under the basket. And TJ Hall is big, strong, and has a bit of range as well.
2.) Prestonsbug is atheltic, they like to run, and they also have one of the 15th's best guards in Michael Stephens. Lewis Barnette is a force to be reckoned with down low, as well is Sean Leslie. Brooks Herick is in the top 5 in the region in 3-point shooting, IMO, and when Nick McGuire heals from his injury, he will only add more firepower to Coach Jackie Day Crisp's firey offnse.
3.) Coach Brent Rose has arguably his best team as coach of Betsy Layne. Brandon Kidd is one of the top centers in the 15th, and Trai Witt is also a tough guy to defend. Brandon Thacker, Pat Stapleton, and Derek Case play just about as well together as any 3 guards in the region, and they all can fill it up. And let's no forget the foreign exchange student (I can't remember his name). He has played very well the last few games for the Bobcats.
4.) Allen Central probably plays harder than any team you will watch this season. Josh Martin, when he brings his A-game, can score close to 20 points and near the 10 rebound mark. Nick Music is a tough guard who always gives you everything he's got, and Ryan COllins and Tyler Slone are both very athletic guards who can shoot from almost anywhere. Justin Jacobs is an excllent mid-range jump shooter, and Farley Joseph provides a spark from the bench, as wll as Josh Bailey, who is solid underneath.

South Floyd def. Allen Central
Prestonsburg def. Betsy Layne

Prestonsburg def. South Floyd (championship)-I give the edge to the Blackcats just because of the home crowd and the advantage of being a good team playing at your home court come post-season.
"bballcrazee" Wrote:I think the Floyd County Board of Education has a grudge against South Floyd for some reason. I know they have had a few fights this year, but how many has the players been involved in? I think if there is a fight, then both sides should be in trouble. Not just one. Maybe the board of education is tired of South Floyd winning the district every year and they want some fresh blood to win it a year or two and they know getting rid of South Floyd is the only way to get that to happen.

What does the board having something against SF have to do with them winninng or not winning the District? Everyone in Floyd Co. knows that the baby of the Board is PHS and AMS but that hasn't had anything to do with who has won the District for the last few years, so why should it now? If SF loses its SF fault....if SF wins then its to their credit that they could overcome the controversy that they have been surrounded by all year.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:What does the board having something against SF have to do with them winninng or not winning the District? Everyone in Floyd Co. knows that the baby of the Board is PHS and AMS but that hasn't had anything to do with who has won the District for the last few years, so why should it now? If SF loses its SF fault....if SF wins then its to their credit that they could overcome the controversy that they have been surrounded by all year.
This is off subject but, PHS and Adams don't get near what the other county schools get. It's just the idea that the board office is in Prestonsburg. Big whoop
It's employees are from all over the county. Several years ago It was looked into
to see if it were true that they got more. It showed they actually got less. That being said, It still would have nothing to do with who wins and who dosent.
I kinda agree with bballcrazy. I think the BOE is doing what they can to hurt SF this year. If not, why not put all teams that fight on probation. Also, why put it in the newspaper where everyone can see it. The Floyd County teams really has a thing against SF. When they play, it is a big game for all. Now SF has a bullseye on there forehead that says come get us because we cant do anything back.
"THUNDERCHILD" Wrote:This is off subject but, PHS and Adams don't get near what the other county schools get. It's just the idea that the board office is in Prestonsburg. Big whoop
It's employees are from all over the county. Several years ago It was looked into
to see if it were true that they got more. It showed they actually got less. That being said, It still would have nothing to do with who wins and who dosent.

That is a matter of opinion, thunderchild....but you are right about one thing...it should have nothing to do with who wins and who loses.
It was in the paper when the Prestonsburg football program was under scrutiney. Many times I might add.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I kinda agree with bballcrazy. I think the BOE is doing what they can to hurt SF this year. If not, why not put all teams that fight on probation. Also, why put it in the newspaper where everyone can see it. The Floyd County teams really has a thing against SF. When they play, it is a big game for all. Now SF has a bullseye on there forehead that says come get us because we cant do anything back.
i agree cause their has already been one person from another school say their fans are going to try to make sf fight when they play i think its stupid and i hope that sf can hold thier tempers:ChairHit:
We didn't do so well when they were watchen us
but sf looked afraid lol
"BensGiantMule" Wrote:We didn't do so well when they were watchen us
but sf looked afraid lol

What?
Pages: 1 2