Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prayers needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A good friend of mine was hunting this morning in Owen County and his treestand broke and he fell 15-20 feet. He was sent to the Georgetown Hospital and then later transported to the University of Kentucky hospital. He has shattered the number 1 vertebrae in his back he is waiting to have surgery.
thoughts and prayers are with him
Thought and prayers
Prayers for healing!
I'm really sorry to hear this, and my thoughts and prayers to him. It's amazing that you don't hear more of this kind of thing happen, but thankfully we don't
Prayers sent out bro..
Praying for him.
I think I heard 2 ppl on one of the hospital shuttles talking about going and seeing a guy who fell out of a tree stand. Hope everything goes well with his surgery and he has a speedy recovery.
Thoughts/Prayers are with your friend.
Thoughts and prayers headed his way!!! Please keep us posted on his status if ya don't care!
king360 Wrote:I think I heard 2 ppl on one of the hospital shuttles talking about going and seeing a guy who fell out of a tree stand. Hope everything goes well with his surgery and he has a speedy recovery.
I also learned tonight that another friend of mine had the same thing happen to him Saturday morning and he is still waiting to be operated on.

phs1986 Wrote:Thoughts and prayers headed his way!!! Please keep us posted on his status if ya don't care!

I talked to his wife a couple of hours ago and she said that they have postponed the surgery until tomorrow. I told her to check at Central Baptist to see if they could get him in any quicker. That is all I know for now. I'll post again when I get an update. Thanks everyone for your prayers.
Praying that everything is going well
Hope everything goes well.
Ill deff pray!
Captain Backdoor Wrote:I also learned tonight that another friend of mine had the same thing happen to him Saturday morning and he is still waiting to be operated on.

I talked to his wife a couple of hours ago and she said that they have postponed the surgery until tomorrow. I told her to check at Central Baptist to see if they could get him in any quicker. That is all I know for now. I'll post again when I get an update. Thanks everyone for your prayers.

Thanks for the update CB.... I do agree with you on Central Baptist... My sister was in St. Joe's and had to go back AFTER her surgery due to complications that could have been avoided! Praying for nothing but the quickest, fullest recovery for your friends!
phs1986 Wrote:Thanks for the update CB.... I do agree with you on Central Baptist... My sister was in St. Joe's and had to go back AFTER her surgery due to complications that could have been avoided! Praying for nothing but the quickest, fullest recovery for your friends!
I talked to Michael's father this afternoon and they had him in the OR then. He was in surgery for 4-5 hours the doctors said that with his injury that he sould not be able to move either of his legs but he had full movement of them. They said that the injury was worse than first expected. He had a serious motorcycle accident back in June and he broke his back, ribs, and wrist and also had some serious head trauma. This accident re-aggravated his previous back injury as well. Once again thanks for your alls prayers.
Michael got to come home Saturday he has improved tremendously. He is able to get up and down without any pain at all. Thanks for your prayers. He hopes to be able to go back to work about the middle of December.