Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pittsburg Pirates hire Clint Hurdle As Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Pirates will introduce former Colorado Rockies manager Clint Hurdle as their new manager at a news conference Monday.

Pirates Hire Clint Hurdle As Manger

TH32 & Stardust what are your all's opinions on this? Can Hurdle come in and win with the Players They have or will they have to go and make some deals and sign some free-agents that can get the job done?
I do not follow the Pirates that much but I believe that the problem is the lack of spending. They have a great GM and farm system because they sign and develop so many talented players, but they can't resign them so they let them go or trade them.

I don't even think Joe Torre could win with them!
I like the hire, but Pittsburgh is trying to win with an impossible recipe. Playing small ball (which we arent good at yet), and our pitching is absolutely awful, lol..I dont mind the small ball, but we HAVE to get some decent arms. There are a few good arms in our farm system, but I would rather develop them, rather than rush them into the show and obliterate their confidence, and trash them before their career gets started. We are a very, VERY young team and there is a lot of talent on there, but the administration HAS to keep this team together, instead of trading everybody away and getting nothing in return.