Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Christian County @ Warren Central 11/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Christian County at*Warren Central 7:30 PM*Class 5A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl
Since it's at WC, I'll give them the edge.

Warren Central-17
Christian County-10
Christian repeats their 7 point victory from the first game of the year
CC is hot right now, I'm taking them.
MVP2 Wrote:CC is hot right now, I'm taking them.

When people say things like this, I have to ask, what makes them hot? I understand the teams they lost to, but didn't they lose two straight games going into the playoffs? So they're on a 2 game win streak, but hot? What would that make Central and their 8 game win streak?
Should be a very even game. Only thing seperating these two teams in the first game was an opening possession punt return. Last game was in Bowling Green also so that part should stay about the same. Of course I have to go with the Colonels or what kind of fan would I be.
Christain co.by 3.
Christian County
i hope CC wins, but its a toss up, but i will go with CC
The competition level Christian has played 3 of the last 4 weeks is unbelievable. Tough call, but i'll take Christian 14-7.
I'll say Christian County 28 Warren Central 21
I'll go with Warren Central by 10. The Colonels are really a two man show. I think the Dragons defense will key on them (I would) and win. If the Purples offense was half as good as their defense the game would have been over before the 4th quarter started.
i'm not so sure they're a 2 man show. BG had a great defense, and if it was that easy to "just key in on them" then I think BG would have. Christian County has weathered a few storms lately and they've found a way to advance to the next round. I look for their offense to come alive against Warren Central. Should be a great game.
I think Bowling Green did, they just were completely unable to on the final two drives. CCHS had 151 yards of offense for the first 44 minutes of the game. They had 119 in the last 4.

I wouldn't bank on the offense coming alive too awful much. No team, including Christian County in the first game, has scored more than 21 on Warren Central since Fort Campbell did it in the middle of last year, a span of 18 games.. No one has scored more than 17 on them this season.
I say WC wins having the home field advantage. WC 21 CC 17
Christian County 20 at*Warren Central 13 http://www.Calpreps.com
If Warren Central is able to run on Christian County and I think they can, I believe Central could win by more than 17. Their defense is the best I can remember them having. I was really not impressed with The Colonels. I think Bowling Greens poor offensive showing, absolutely stupid penalties and play calling is why they lost. In other words, they beat themselves. You can believe it or not but they just plain got lucky.
adopted purple Wrote:If Warren Central is able to run on Christian County and I think they can, I believe Central could win by more than 17. Their defense is the best I can remember them having. I was really not impressed with The Colonels. I think Bowling Greens poor offensive showing, absolutely stupid penalties and play calling is why they lost. In other words, they beat themselves. You can believe it or not but they just plain got lucky.

In terms of a per game average, it is currently their second best ever. They're giving up only 7.75 a game, their best since 1971 when they allowed only 6.82 a game.

The funny thing is, despite their offense not being anything to write home about, that incredibly low average has allowed them to currently post the sixth highest scoring margin average in WC history.
DragonFire Wrote:In terms of a per game average, it is currently their second best ever. They're giving up only 7.75 a game, their best since 1971 when they allowed only 6.82 a game.

The funny thing is, despite their offense not being anything to write home about, that incredibly low average has allowed them to currently post the sixth highest scoring margin average in WC history.

That is funny. I guess that's why they say offense wins games but defense wins championships.
CC
warren central 34-24
CC
I think the winner of this game meets the winner of the JC/HHS game in the championship game. I had the winner of the BG/CC game going to the final,so I will stick with CC winning this game in a close battle. Good luck to both teams.
Christian County 34 Warren Central 21
Christian County up 6-0 end of 1st.