Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic @ Boyle County 11/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
"That loss was the toughest to swallow because watching the film, we could see that one person here or one person there, or one mistake here or one mistake there, the ball game could've drastically been changed."

This is the quote in the article that made me a little dumbfounded. You got your *** kicked up and down the field but you think one play here or there would of changed things. Boyle was up 28-3 at the half and shut it down in the 2nd half as to not show to much knowing they'd probably see the Knights again. It could of been much worse if Boyle wanted it to be.
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:didn't sound too cocky to me. they basically said that they won't be intimidated at all and that if they win they have to be at their absolute best. Really don't think thats disrespectful IMO

I'm a Boyle fan and I didn't see any disrespect or cockyness in the article. They have the attitude that any team has to have in a 3rd round playoff game. You have to think you have the best team, and can beat the other team.

With that said, I still think Boyle wins by 2 td's, though Lex Cath's passing may give us some small problems.
MSU Eagle Wrote:I'm a Boyle fan and I didn't see any disrespect or cockyness in the article. They have the attitude that any team has to have in a 3rd round playoff game. You have to think you have the best team, and can beat the other team.

With that said, I still think Boyle wins by 2 td's, though Lex Cath's passing may give us some small problems.

I agree but only if the Lex Cath QB has time to throw the ball. The first game Boyle brought the heat.
backinblack2003 Wrote:"That loss was the toughest to swallow because watching the film, we could see that one person here or one person there, or one mistake here or one mistake there, the ball game could've drastically been changed."

This is the quote in the article that made me a little dumbfounded. You got your *** kicked up and down the field but you think one play here or there would of changed things. Boyle was up 28-3 at the half and shut it down in the 2nd half as to not show to much knowing they'd probably see the Knights again. It could of been much worse if Boyle wanted it to be.

I also was confused with that statement. Boyle was up 42-3 late in the game and Lex Cath scored their only TD on our subs on 4th. and long. Their only points in the first half came on a turnover, 3 and out, and kicked a fieldgoal.

One play here or there and Boyle could have won 56-0.
backinblack2003 Wrote:"That loss was the toughest to swallow because watching the film, we could see that one person here or one person there, or one mistake here or one mistake there, the ball game could've drastically been changed."

What do you want him to say in a public article that will probably be read by his players - we got blown out and have no chance in this one either?

He's trying to make them believe they have a chance. I wouldn't get too dumbfounded by anything said in the media.
Your right, the interviewed players should have totally just given in and said that Boye Co would win regardless of what they do, because they are the superior team, and that they have no chance. In fact he probably should have said that there was not even a reason for playing the game, since Boyle County will dominate them in every facet of the game....and you all wonder why there is so much dislike for your fan following???
Cmon...how about let 17 year olds enjoy this moment of being in the third round of the playoffs and be kids....Hard to believe 40 year old men have so much invested in the play of their "teenage idols."
EJJAGS,

I have never judged an entire fanbase from 2 or 3 people so why do you. The article didn't bother me but thats my opinion. I also know that the coaches did put a copy of it on the locker room door with some sentences underlined. I don't blame them, I would be doing everything possible to keep from having a letdown between the EJ game and Bell next week. Aside from the "best team on the field" comment I really didn't see that much to get fired up about but thats just me.
^agreed
EJJAGS Wrote:Your right, the interviewed players should have totally just given in and said that Boye Co would win regardless of what they do, because they are the superior team, and that they have no chance. In fact he probably should have said that there was not even a reason for playing the game, since Boyle County will dominate them in every facet of the game....and you all wonder why there is so much dislike for your fan following???
Cmon...how about let 17 year olds enjoy this moment of being in the third round of the playoffs and be kids....Hard to believe 40 year old men have so much invested in the play of their "teenage idols."

:yawn:
Its Friday,just to let you football fans know,don't want you all to miss the big game tonight.lol
Boyle vs. Lex Cath in the playoffs:

1998 LC 28 BC 13
1999 BC 21 LC 17
2000 BC 18 LC 16
2007 LC 41 BC 12
2008 BC 23 LC 6
2009 BC 34 LC 20

This has been one of the best, and yet least talked about rivalries over the last 15 years or so. 1999 & 2000 LC lost only 4 games, all to the eventual state champion Rebels. '98 to '00 the two played in AA. Only played one more time in a season opener that the Knights won by one if memory serves after a great comeback in 2004. When put back in the same District in 4A the same patterns of meeting in the playoffs have continued.

Good luck to both teams and may the best team win tonight. :Thumbs:

Who Ya With!:biggrin:
EJJAGS Wrote:Your right, the interviewed players should have totally just given in and said that Boye Co would win regardless of what they do, because they are the superior team, and that they have no chance. In fact he probably should have said that there was not even a reason for playing the game, since Boyle County will dominate them in every facet of the game....and you all wonder why there is so much dislike for your fan following???

Very well said.
Boyle County 42-10

GO REBELS!
64black&gold Wrote:EJJAGS,

I have never judged an entire fanbase from 2 or 3 people so why do you. The article didn't bother me but thats my opinion. I also know that the coaches did put a copy of it on the locker room door with some sentences underlined. I don't blame them, I would be doing everything possible to keep from having a letdown between the EJ game and Bell next week. Aside from the "best team on the field" comment I really didn't see that much to get fired up about but thats just me.

Black & Gold,

Sorry if my comment ended up making you think I am grouping your entire fanbase as one. I was actually trying to make the same point you are...the 2 or 3 posters on here and the other site, that make normal dialogue impossible, end up giving your entire fanbase a bad name....probably the same 2 or 3 that act up on Friday night...but I guess every program has them.

Good luck tonight.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I personally dont give a crap what you think about me,and im not gonna stoop to your level to argue about it.you are obviously jeleous of Boyles success all i can say is deal with it cause we are not going away.:redboxer:

We go through the same crap too. :redboxer:
Go get em REBELS and hopefully we will see you guys next week!!
Jack Lambert Wrote:I personally dont give a crap what you think about me,and im not gonna stoop to your level to argue about it.you are obviously jeleous of Boyles success all i can say is deal with it cause we are not going away.:redboxer:

Thank you...point proven
Thanks I got you PM should be a super game. Isn't it funny how the programs that WIN have to put up with those who don't.
EJJAGS Wrote:Thank you...point proven

You are welcome glad i could help!:biggrin:
Pages: 1 2 3