Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Christian County 14 Bowling Green 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Colonels score twice very late to upset the Purple! :Thumbs:
Wow!
i picked that , way to go CC
:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

Disappointed but on a bright note BG will be better next year. Should definitely be a top 3 team in 5A next year.
Wow - this one shocked me when I saw it. Congrats CC
We threw a couple of bad picks tonight against an excellent team because they were threw late across the middle. Seemed like we finally figured out to just run it instead of throwing late. BG also pick off a screen pass. Both teams played excellent defense. Onside kick seemed to bounce around forever. Great game to watch.
PurplePride92 Wrote::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

Disappointed but on a bright note BG will be better next year. Should definitely be a top 3 team in 5A next year.

Ummm . . . have you seen the new alignments for 5A next year?

Bowling Green definitely will be the Number 1 team in 5A, and their backups will be ranked Number 2. And if they stay healthy, the Purples jayvee team will be ranked 3rd.
I'm surprised... I knew CC had a shot, but I didn't like their chances vs. BG.

Congrats Colonels!
Im surprised as well. I liked BG chances of winning. Congrats CC.
PurplePride92 Wrote::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

I just finished eating my last bite of crow. As I said all year, our defense almost won the game for us. We were up 10-0 with 4:27 seconds left in the game and Christian County had the ball on their own 20 yard line. They put together a very nice drive and scored with 1:57 left in the game. It looked like our front guys on the onside kick were waiting on someone else to get the ball and they did. It just happened to be a Christian County player. CC moved the ball to the BG 30 yd line and one of our players got a personel foul and moved it to the 15 yd line and then Mr. Tandy took over and ran it in from 7 yds out. Our defense played great. They had 3 interceptions (one which led to a Td) and stopped CC 3 times on 4th down. They were on the field practically the whole game. Ten minutes in the 3rd quarter alone. The offense lost the game for us. Hollis had his worst passing game of the season. I think the only passes he completed were a couple of screen passes. We moved the ball really well on the ground but for some reason the coach likes to pass. Maybe he was using this season to get ready for next year. I can't figure it out. I think the purples were the best team on the field for 40 minutes and 30 seconds but it only took CC 4 and a half minutes to beat us. WOW!!! I'm still in shock. Good luck to Christian County and Warren Central next week. I think Central will win this game but hey I've been wrong before.:igiveup:
I really couldn't believe what I was reading as I read Twitter updates on the game. It was bizarre enough that Bowling Green lost one game this year with a double digit 4th Quarter lead, it just blows the mind that it happened twice.

This is only the 10th time in the last 20 years that Bowling Green has lost a game where they held their opponent to 14 points or less. They're 187-10 in that span. This was their first one to a team not named Trinity or St. X since 2002 - incidentally, that loss was to Hopkinsville at the Stadium of Champions, the last road playoff loss for Bowling Green before tonight.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Ummm . . . have you seen the new alignments for 5A next year?

Bowling Green definitely will be the Number 1 team in 5A, and their backups will be ranked Number 2. And if they stay healthy, the Purples jayvee team will be ranked 3rd.

:thatsfunn:Clap:

That's pretty good.
adopted purple Wrote:I just finished eating my last bite of crow. As I said all year, our defense almost won the game for us. We were up 10-0 with 4:27 seconds left in the game and Christian County had the ball on their own 20 yard line. They put together a very nice drive and scored with 1:57 left in the game. It looked like our front guys on the onside kick were waiting on someone else to get the ball and they did. It just happened to be a Christian County player. CC moved the ball to the BG 30 yd line and one of our players got a personel foul and moved it to the 15 yd line and then Mr. Tandy took over and ran it in from 7 yds out. Our defense played great. They had 3 interceptions (one which led to a Td) and stopped CC 3 times on 4th down. They were on the field practically the whole game. Ten minutes in the 3rd quarter alone. The offense lost the game for us. Hollis had his worst passing game of the season. I think the only passes he completed were a couple of screen passes. We moved the ball really well on the ground but for some reason the coach likes to pass. Maybe he was using this season to get ready for next year. I can't figure it out. I think the purples were the best team on the field for 40 minutes and 30 seconds but it only took CC 4 and a half minutes to beat us. WOW!!! I'm still in shock. Good luck to Christian County and Warren Central next week. I think Central will win this game but hey I've been wrong before.:igiveup:

Things are looking good for the future. Hopefully they learned from this loss and can use it as fuel for success next year.
RebelPride12 Wrote:Things are looking good for the future. Hopefully they learned from this loss and can use it as fuel for success next year.

It's been another great year overall. Next year our 1st win will be #600. Not many programs can say that. Good luck the rest of the season. I'm thinking about bringing my boys to Log Mountain to see you guys play Bell County. Game of the year IMO.
Grats CC
Great game by both defenses. I would have to disagree with you on BG being the better team for 40 minutes. We made three bad throws that should have never been thrown, besides that the game was controlled by CCHS. BG had 6 first downs for the whole game compared to 16 for CCHS. CCHS had 270+ yards and BG had 160 (60+ of those came on a play up the middle that I still don't know how he got through). Take out the interceptions and the score is 0-0 late in the 4th or even 7-0 CCHS. I would say BG, WC, and CCHS are all three very even this year. I would say BG and WC defenses are a little better then CC's, and I think CC offense is a little better.
Congrats Christian County
Once a Colonel Wrote:Great game by both defenses. I would have to disagree with you on BG being the better team for 40 minutes. We made three bad throws that should have never been thrown, besides that the game was controlled by CCHS. BG had 6 first downs for the whole game compared to 16 for CCHS. CCHS had 270+ yards and BG had 160 (60+ of those came on a play up the middle that I still don't know how he got through). Take out the interceptions and the score is 0-0 late in the 4th or even 7-0 CCHS. I would say BG, WC, and CCHS are all three very even this year. I would say BG and WC defenses are a little better then CC's, and I think CC offense is a little better.

I certainly agree that CC offense was better last night because I don't think our offense ever showed up. I was so proud of our defense because they were on the field practically the whole game. Our offense was terrible. I think we would have a couple more state titles if we hired an offensive coordinator to call the plays. I have watched almost every game for the last 18 years and we have had the teams to win it all and always fall short. Good luck next week to both teams. It should be a dandy.