Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Belfry 11/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Belfry and Russell again! Who ya got?
man you beat me to it,lol, who would of thought this would have been the Regional Final, looks like the old ball coaches get it done,should be a very good game as they both know each other well...
I'm sure that Russell will be the underdog for the third week in a row.
I think Belfry takes this one. . . and possibly easily.
Go Pirates!

Belfry-24
Russell-16
blackcatnashland Wrote:I think Belfry takes this one. . . and possibly easily.

We at Russell have heard this for two weeks. I hope it continues.
Playoffs dont seem right anymore without seeing these two square off.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Playoffs dont seem right anymore without seeing these two square off.

Yeah, unless its at The CAM it just aint the playoffs....
Where will this one be played at? Russell or Belfry?
Belfry
The Installer Wrote:Where will this one be played at? Russell or Belfry?
played at Belfry
WOW is all I can say tonight about next weeks game!
Belfry by 14
Yeah, I knew this Belfry team would be good by the time playoff rolled around. This team is on a mission and its out to prove all the naysayers wrong. I am making the trip to Belfry for this one next week.
Why is Russell the Red Devils if they're a dark maroon?

I think Belfry will take this, if the game were anywhere else I would think it would be closer, but the CAM is an amazing place.

Belfry 28
Russell 7
Jeepman Wrote:We at Russell have heard this for two weeks. I hope it continues.

If this game is played at Belfry, ya'll will need all the motivation you can get. Belfry is ALWAYS tough at home. Belfry by AT LEAST 14 in this one. TongueirateSho
blackcatnashland Wrote:If this game is played at Belfry

Yes the game will be played at Belfry next week
Bump
i'll take Belfry in this one... they are tough to beat at home in the playoffs

Belfry-28
Russell- 7

GO PIRATES!! TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Belfry firing on all cylinders takes this one.

Belfry-25
Russell-10
I'm liking Russell in this one. Their playing some really good ball here lately. I seen them play Pike Central, and they just don't quit.

Russel-21
Belfry-18
For the third week in a row this one is too close for me to pick.

Russell is not the same team they were the last few weeks of the regular season. They have gotten some of their players back from injury and seem to have a new resolve to them. They are going to be tough to beat. But so will Belfry.

The two old rivals have had similar seasons. Young teams. Lots of injuries. A couple of uncharacteristic losses. But back in the groove come playoff time.

Just wish it was an odd number year.
Like all Belfry/Russell games this one should be over by 9:00 lol. They will be a lot of running in this game.
Belfry will win if they do two things, take care of the ball and wrap up on tackles. But doing those things are easier said than done. But this should be a dandy of a game between two great programs.
I think which ever team does those two things the best wins.
FBALL Wrote:I think which ever team does those two things the best wins.
That and as always with two power teams, control the line of scrimmage. Belfry has a solid line this year. Tackling and fumbling has been their downfall.
Belfry isn't their usual wishbone this year. Their offense is similar to that of Russell, just not out of wing-t. They run a lot of ball fakes and counters....The thing I like about Belfry and Russell is the two coaches know each other so well and they are so similar both teams typically defend well.
Belfry Wins Wrote:That and as always with two power teams, control the line of scrimmage. Belfry has a solid line this year. Tackling and fumbling has been their downfall.
Belfry isn't their usual wishbone this year. Their offense is similar to that of Russell, just not out of wing-t. They run a lot of ball fakes and counters....The thing I like about Belfry and Russell is the two coaches know each other so well and they are so similar both teams typically defend well.
Like I said earlier. These two teams have had very similar seasons. The good thing is that no matter which team wins friday I think both teams will be even better next year.
Belfry/russell game for the region with all the new improving programs in this region, it's nice to see the more thangs change the more they stay the same. i can't wait til fri nite. ground and pound!
blackcatnashland Wrote:If this game is played at Belfry, ya'll will need all the motivation you can get. Belfry is ALWAYS tough at home. Belfry by AT LEAST 14 in this one. TongueirateSho

If my recollection is correct Russell handed Belfry thier first ever loss at the CAM. Now that means nothing.

It sounds like both teams have come into thier own at the right time. If Russell plays with the intensity they have had the past two weeks and loose they can hold thier heads high.
Russell is hot but Belfry wins by 2+ touchdowns at home.
Jeepman Wrote:If my recollection is correct Russell handed Belfry thier first ever loss at the CAM. Now that means nothing.

It sounds like both teams have come into thier own at the right time. If Russell plays with the intensity they have had the past two weeks and loose they can hold thier heads high.

Actually, Belfry lost the first game they played at CAM to a loaded Henry Clay team. But Russell may have handed them their first playoff loss there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5