Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 27 Mason County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Pirates march into Mason County and stopped their 10 game winning streak and ousts them from the playoffs. The Big Pirate Ship will sail on to the Regional Championship game at The CAM against Russell next Friday night!!!

Boy the Pond Creek Nation and the CAM will be rocking next week as the Regional Title Game will be back in its rightful place!
Great, Congrats Belfry!
Way to go Pirates. We are all so proud of you guys. Great Game!!!!!TongueirateSho
Congrats Belfry
BelfryPride Wrote:The Pirates march into Mason County and stopped their 10 game winning streak and ousts them from the playoffs. The Big Pirate Ship will sail on to the Regional Championship game at The CAM against Russell next Friday night!!!

Boy the Pond Creek Nation and the CAM will be rocking next week as the Regional Title Game will be back in its rightful place!

yep and if they win next week will be at home for the semis, but Russell 1st
Come on Pirates beat Russell next week!
Congrats Pirates!!!
congrats Pirates.... bring back the Vip for the regional championship... it only seems fitting :popcorn: :eyeroll:
Idiotic move by Coach Buchanan from Mason playing Pawsat on D really hurt them. Went down in the first half and never came back in. Mason's confidence went down when he did.
LClion4life Wrote:Idiotic move by Coach Buchanan from Mason playing Pawsat on D really hurt them. Went down in the first half and never came back in. Mason's confidence went down when he did.

I do not agree that their confidence went down, if anything their D started playing better. I hate that he went down, that's a terrible situation for any team. But this game would have been close regardless, Mason Co. couldn't stop Belfry's offense most of the night.
Pawsat going down is a shame. That totally changes the game.

Looking forward to another Russell/Belfry matchup next week though. Wish it was an odd year so Belfry would have to travel to Russell. Oh well, see you at CAM next week.
Belfry_99 Wrote:I do not agree that their confidence went down, if anything their D started playing better. I hate that he went down, that's a terrible situation for any team. But this game would have been close regardless, Mason Co. couldn't stop Belfry's offense most of the night.
No, that had to take them down a notch. I'm sure the other guys tried to pick up the slack but Pawsat is without a doubt the leader of the Royals. They are not the same without him.
FBALL Wrote:No, that had to take them down a notch. I'm sure the other guys tried to pick up the slack but Pawsat is without a doubt the leader of the Royals. They are not the same without him.
Honestly their defense took things to a different level when he went down. Their intensity went way up. Did it affect them, yes that is an obvious, but their confidence didn't go down.
IMO that is a sign of some core leadership and a good coach. Mason County in all honesty should be proud of the way their team responded when dealt with adversity.
I hadted to see him go down. But this game was going to be close regardless. Mason County was forced to adjust their offense but was athletic enough to do so and #20 is a dandy back who took the offense on his shoulders, and Gilbert as well. It made the game kind of crazy on offense for Mason and on defense for Belfry cause neither team was really prepared for that.
I hate it for the QB though to have to watch two seasons straight end while he's injured, but as bad as anybody hates injuries, they happen.
Congrats Belfry, ran the ball well and threw efficintly. And congrats Mason County, Royal fans should be proud of the way they responded!
Congrats Belfry!!
Belfry_99 Wrote:I do not agree that their confidence went down, if anything their D started playing better. I hate that he went down, that's a terrible situation for any team. But this game would have been close regardless, Mason Co. couldn't stop Belfry's offense most of the night.

I was on the Royals' side of the field in the bleachers and you could hear their fans acting as if Belfry had already won as soon as he went down. Congrats to Belfry, I'm not taking anything away from them, but I have a feeling that it would have been a lot closer if he wouldn't have gotten hurt. Especially with the game he was having throwing the ball.
First and Foremost....Congratulations to the Might Pirates on a fantastic win!!! So proud to be a pirate!!

Second, by reading a lot of these posts, I think that most people are not giving Belfry enough credit for the game that they played and enough credit to Harris from Mason County. I mean, just because one player goes out (even if it was the "leader") I don't think that the entire team completely falls apart. Maybe, if that's the case, the team, school, fans, and more importantly the coaches shouldn't place that much importance on just one kid's shoulders.
Saying that Pawsat going out of the game completely changes it is not taking anything away from Belfry. It's a fact. He is the leader of that team and the center of what they do offensively.

That's also not taking anything away from Harris. I have said all year he is the best football player east of Lexington. I still believe that.

As for Belfry they earned a tough win over a good opponent. Injuries happen and are part of the game but let's not trivialize their importance.

Finally playing the disrespect card for Belfry is laughable. They are one of the best programs in 3A. Did the injury help them? Yes! Does that mean Belfry wouldn't have won had Pawsat not gotten hurt? No! Belfry may have won regardless of that. This game I felt was a tossup going in. Pawsat going down definitely put Belfry in the drivers seat.

i agree, seemed like they played with more fire..
How about those Pirates!?

First off, all my prayers and thoughts go out to Neal Pawsat. From what I saw in the short time he was able to play he was a legitimate quarterback. I hate more than anything that the kid got hurt, especially considering I think he's a senior. Both teams were without their best player, however. I think the defense really played good for Mason County after he went out and I heard some Mason fans saying that is the best defense the Royals have ever played.

The offensive line got their normal push, and like every game we ran the ball. I haven't seen anyone stop our run all year. On a bad ankle, Trey Willis absolutely goes off. Jeffree Pruitt didn't have an explosive night running the ball, but the boy is versatile and his 2nd TD reception was a thrilling play.

I'm pumped that Russell is coming to Belfry. Even though Belfry didn't go 9-1, or 10-0, it's not a true high school football season unless the Devils and Pirates hook up. I can remember being in 5th and 6th grade and beating them, and then 7th and 8th grade when they beat us 21-14, and 19-0. I didn't look that up, I just remember. (So I may be wrong!)

Let's win us a region! T
How did Pawsatt go down?
Belfry0304 Wrote:How about those Pirates!?

First off, all my prayers and thoughts go out to Neal Pawsat. From what I saw in the short time he was able to play he was a legitimate quarterback. I hate more than anything that the kid got hurt, especially considering I think he's a senior. Both teams were without their best player, however. I think the defense really played good for Mason County after he went out and I heard some Mason fans saying that is the best defense the Royals have ever played.

The offensive line got their normal push, and like every game we ran the ball. I haven't seen anyone stop our run all year. On a bad ankle, Trey Willis absolutely goes off. Jeffree Pruitt didn't have an explosive night running the ball, but the boy is versatile and his 2nd TD reception was a thrilling play.

I'm pumped that Russell is coming to Belfry. Even though Belfry didn't go 9-1, or 10-0, it's not a true high school football season unless the Devils and Pirates hook up. I can remember being in 5th and 6th grade and beating them, and then 7th and 8th grade when they beat us 21-14, and 19-0. I didn't look that up, I just remember. (So I may be wrong!)

Let's win us a region! T

your close,lol, its was 20-14 at russell, Belfry scored winning td with like 53 sec left and they got called for false start...
Stardust Wrote:How did Pawsatt go down?

He went down while playing defense. Not sure on the "exacts" of how and what he was doing but I do know it wasn't while he was QB....
Congrats to Belfry
congrats Belfry, keep rolling
Congrats Belfry
Congrats to Belfry.
Congrats Pirates!! I would love to see a Belfry vs Somerset State Semifinal game!
Big Win for the Pond Creek Nation.
JC fan but love to see the pond creek faithful prevail unless they're playin them johnson county boys lol, congrats pirates
Never count Belfry out.I've learned from experience that coach Haywood is always gonna be competative,no matter what the circumstance.Maybe we can play hard next week and see another Breathitt vs Belfry game!!
Pages: 1 2