Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patterson Assigned To NBA D-League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Former Kentucky standout Patrick Patterson and the first round pick of the Houston Rockets has been assigned to the NBA's D-League.

http://www.wkyt.com/sports/headlines/Pat...89503.html

Sad To Hear. Looks like he is playing with Ramon Again.
They're just waiting on Yao to get hurt.
No likely.
I didn't hear Pattersons name once on ESPN during the summer leauge.
It's a shame. PPat is a great kid. But if you look at his entire career, he was never the #1 guy. Going back to his Senior year in High School, OJ seem to take that glitter away from Patrick, and he never did develop into that dominate force. Don't get me wrong, he was an excellent role player who did his job. I certainly expected he would get to the NBA and be a solid contributor off the bench. I hope he finds the confidence in his game to match his skills. The kid can play, but he has got to be much more forceful to make it in the NBA.
Stardust Wrote:It's a shame. PPat is a great kid. But if you look at his entire career, he was never the #1 guy. Going back to his Senior year in High School, OJ seem to take that glitter away from Patrick, and he never did develop into that dominate force. Don't get me wrong, he was an excellent role player who did his job. I certainly expected he would get to the NBA and be a solid contributor off the bench. I hope he finds the confidence in his game to match his skills. The kid can play, but he has got to be much more forceful to make it in the NBA.

I agree with that, I like PP. He was a great college player and sometimes that all you are is a very good college player. I love PP, I hope he proves me wrong but you never know,tf Chuck Hayes can make it. I got to believe Patterson can too.
The Rockets said they demoted Patterson because they have the depth at the post positions with Yao, Hayes, Scola, Jefferies, Hill, etc. and it wasn't doing Patterson any good sitting on the bench.

I'm sure once a post player for the Rockets goes down with an injury (likely Yao), he'll be activated.
He is my thinking. Then why the heck draft him if you are that deep in those positions? DUH!
OffTheHook Wrote:He is my thinking. Then why the heck draft him if you are that deep in those positions? DUH!

Cuz Scola usually sucks and you don't know if Yao will play from game to game.
I know this hurts, but it's the best thing for him.
He's not getting any PT.
He'll at least get to work on his game, and I promise you he's the first one they are looking to bring up.
Patterson will be a great pro. He just hasn't been given the chance yet.
zaga_fan Wrote:I know this hurts, but it's the best thing for him.
He's not getting any PT.
He'll at least get to work on his game, and I promise you he's the first one they are looking to bring up.

:Thumbs: This is better for him rather than letting him ride the bench on the Rockets he gets playing to help improve his game and be ready to better perform when he does get called back up!
RadioVeteran Wrote:Patterson will be a great pro. He just hasn't been given the chance yet.

As I said, I really like the kid, but there is nothing in his game that ever made me think he would be a great pro!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:The Rockets said they demoted Patterson because they have the depth at the post positions with Yao, Hayes, Scola, Jefferies, Hill, etc. and it wasn't doing Patterson any good sitting on the bench.

I'm sure once a post player for the Rockets goes down with an injury (likely Yao), he'll be activated.

Look, it's as simple as this: If he was good enough, or showed enough promise, that he could help this team win, then there is NO way he would have been demoted. Last year PPat was coached incorrectly! He is an inside player with uncanny inside movement. He was told that in order to become a better pro, he needed to develop an outside shot. That is completely bogus and was wrong to lead him in that path. He has a poormans skill set of KG, and KG is NOT a perimeter player. Last year hurt PPats development, and this demotion proves it. He plays excellent basketball on the weakside. His full focus last year should have been on weakside basketball. He will never be an NBA scorer, but a guy who can clean-up garbage, get entry feed passes, and rebound like the devil he can. Being a 3-point shooter - NEVER! I hope he spends this time getting him back to the point he was as a Freshman and Sophomore in college!
Trade him to Philly..we could seriously use him..
Yao just went out with a injury,
^^^ About time.
This hurts me to see. Being a huge PP fan!

But in all honestly, I agree with the Rockets decision. He's gotta get his minutes somehow. His time will come. Trust me!
Now that Yao is hurt, I wonder if he comes back?