Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pre-season Tournament at East Carter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This weekend, Nov. 13, is the start of a pre-season tourny at East Carter...any ideas of which team is the favorite?
Not sure one of the better games will be a first round match up between Mason Co. and Raceland's 8th grade. Elliott's 8th would have been good to see but they dropped out a couple of weeks ago.
why
Said they were going to play in some bigger tournaments down state.
Verity 7th grade plays McKell. Does Greenup County have more than one middle school. In football Verity played Greenup County. Just curious if they do have more than one middle school.
Verity 7th defeated McKell in first round game,,Verity plays Blaine on 11-15.
Score was 70 to 27..Villars was leading scorer.
ashfan Wrote:Verity 7th grade plays McKell. Does Greenup County have more than one middle school. In football Verity played Greenup County. Just curious if they do have more than one middle school.

Greenup County has Wurtland Middle School and McKell Middle School. Unlike in football, both schools have their own 6th, 7th and 8th grade basketball teams. Wurtlands 8th is participating in this tournament also.
Thanks Steelermatt....any ideas of who won the other games yesterday,,,,i understand that Verity 8th beat Mckell 70-40.
ashfan Wrote:Thanks Steelermatt....any ideas of who won the other games yesterday,,,,i understand that Verity 8th beat Mckell 70-40.

The Verity team is good they wiped the floor with us on that game. It was 25-5 end of the first. I know West Carter played Boyd after us but I dont know the score.
I heard from my son by phone (i'm am out of town so i didnt attend) that his Wurtland team beat East Carter by 18 or so. Said it was 44-26. He said they play Fairview this coming Tuesday. His Wurtland team is fairly small but they have some quick players.

He played AAU ball this year with and against some of the Verity players. They have a ton of talent for sure.

He also said Boyd beat West Carter before their game.
The Wurtland team is always pretty good. My son has been playing for a few years and I don't think we have ever beat them.
mason should come home with this trophey.They have a ball player(33 Will Griffith) dont think anyone around can stop him
How does lewis county 7th grade look? Anyone seen them? Or seen them in the past?
Could be a good game tonight between Raceland and Mason Co. 8th grades.
Lexington_33Player Wrote:mason should come home with this trophey.They have a ball player(33 Will Griffith) dont think anyone around can stop him

7th or 8th?
Tell me something about Mason County 7th grade...are they big?
Verity 7th grade defeated East Carter 58 to 19...Villars was leading scorer.
Mason 7th& 8th hammered both Raceland teams. Raceland 7th is without a player and 8th is without two players.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Mason 7th& 8th hammered both Raceland teams. Raceland 7th is without a player and 8th is without two players.

let me clarify that. The 7th grader missing has a broken foot. The 8th grader missing is playing freshman ball and, if the varsity coach had his way there would be two more 8th graders playing freshman ball. This is not the same Raceland team as last year. If they had all been kept together they would have probably beat mason lastnight.
Verity 7th plays Mason on 11-17....How good is Mason's team?
ashfan Wrote:Verity 7th plays Mason on 11-17....How good is Mason's team?

They are decent. They are nowhere near as good as last years Mason 7th grade.
Wurtland 7th and 8th beat Fairview last night. I'm not sure of the 7th grade score but the 8th grade won 45-36 i think.
Verity 7th grade defeated Mason County. The score was 47 to 38. Baker was leading scorer. Verity plays in the championship game on 11-19. Nor sure who the opponent is at this time.
Wurtland 8th came back from 4 down in the last minute to beat Boyd Co. 45-44 in the semifinals. Will play either Mason Co. or Verity on Saturday.

Wurtland 7th beat Lewis Co in the 6pm game by 2. Lewis Co. had 2 free throws to tie with no time on the clock and missed the first one.
Verity 7th defeated Wurtland 58-34 in 7th Championship..Baker leading scorer....Verity 8th defeated Boyd in 8th consolation...Championship has Wurtland 8th vs Mason 8th.
Mason County won the 8th grade championship over Wurtland 50-28. Cochran led Wurtland with 22. Was 19 to 17 Mason at half but Mason Co.'s size and depth just took over and dominated in the 2nd half. Mason Co. has a fine 8th grade team and will win a ton of games this year. Big Congrats to them.
Never understood the match up with Mason (OVC LARGE SCHOOL) against Raceland (OVC SMALL SCHOOL). I guess the Rams were LUCKY to draw MASON in both 7th and 8th grade play.Not complaining about the loss. Thought the teams did well with just 5 practices, 3 of those were try outs. Better LUCK next time RAMS. Just the beginning of the season.
RAM-A-Devil, I agree, not the same team as last year, and yes having that kid back on this team makes a BIG difference.
We gotta play with what we got, and do our best at it!

The MASON team is good and played very well, wish them the best in Large school Division this year. Very good game and very good sportsmanship, no hard fouls, no dirty play, nice team to play.
I'm a Mason County Parent, not sure how good we are, but we had an wild shot at the end of the first qrt in our first game, I think against Raceland, can't recall...

YouTube Link:

I have never seen one in person... crazy...
mc1122 Wrote:I'm a Mason County Parent, not sure how good we are, but we had an wild shot at the end of the first qrt in our first game, I think against Raceland, can't recall...

YouTube Link:

I have never seen one in person... crazy...

Amazing shot! Great camera work too to stay with the play
Ram-Fan Wrote:Never understood the match up with Mason (OVC LARGE SCHOOL) against Raceland (OVC SMALL SCHOOL). I guess the Rams were LUCKY to draw MASON in both 7th and 8th grade play.Not complaining about the loss. Thought the teams did well with just 5 practices, 3 of those were try outs. Better LUCK next time RAMS. Just the beginning of the season.
RAM-A-Devil, I agree, not the same team as last year, and yes having that kid back on this team makes a BIG difference.
We gotta play with what we got, and do our best at it!

The MASON team is good and played very well, wish them the best in Large school Division this year. Very good game and very good sportsmanship, no hard fouls, no dirty play, nice team to play.

This is just a pre-season tournament and it is always set up where in the first round small-school plays large-school because they play each other in their divisions twice during the season plus the tournament.