Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2011 Kentucky Football Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2011 Kentucky Football Schedule

Thu. 09/01/11 - WESTERN KENTUCKY (Nashville, TN)
Sat. 09/10/11 - CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Sat. 09/17/11 - LOUISVILLE
Sat. 09/24/11 - FLORIDA
Sat. 10/01/11 - @ LSU
Sat. 10/08/11 - @ SOUTH CAROLINA
Sat. 10/15/11 - Open
Sat. 10/22/11 - JACKSONVILLE STATE
Sat. 10/29/11 - MISSISSIPPI STATE
Sat. 11/05/11 - OLE MISS
Sat. 11/12/11 - @ VANDERBILT
Sat. 11/19/11 - @ GEORGIA
Sat. 11/26/11 - TENNESSEE
Sat. 12/03/11 - SEC Championship (Atlanta, GA)
wonder how we are playing a Michigan School and how come we are playing LSU again after we haven't played them for awhile?
Strikeout King Wrote:wonder how we are playing a Michigan School and how come we are playing LSU again after we haven't played them for awhile?

In the SEC you always have a home/home series every two years with a conference foe in another division, and in this case LSU is in the west as Kentucky is in the east.

UK does play Miss. State every season, but both programs have an agreement with one another because this game between the two provides a better chance at both getting a win, rather than MSU playing let's say Florida or UK playing LSU year in and year out.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:In the SEC you always have a home/home series every two years with a conference foe in another division, and in this case LSU is in the west as Kentucky is in the east.

UK does play Miss. State every season, but both programs have an agreement with one another because this game between the two provides a better chance at both getting a win, rather than MSU playing let's say Florida or UK playing LSU year in and year out.

Thanks BCA.
Lets hear it StarDust, I'm sure in your opioion adding, Central Michigan, Jacksonville St (Who beat Ole Miss this season), and going to LSU isnt much better is it. I'm glad UK and Joker beefed up the schedule so, we wont have UK fans complaing about the schedule we play.
MVP2 Wrote:Lets hear it StarDust, I'm sure in your opioion adding, Central Michigan, Jacksonville St (Who beat Ole Miss this season), and going to LSU isnt much better is it. I'm glad UK and Joker beefed up the schedule so, we wont have UK fans complaing about the schedule we play.

Beefed up! How? Central Michigan lower tier MAC school, Jacksonville St. is UK's annual 1-AA opponent (Much better than Chas. Southern though) which UK SHOULD beat. I guess UK travelling to Nashville to play WKU is what makes the non conference schedule more beefed up next year. They play nobody again.
I'm going to text Joker right now and tell him to schedule @ USC, @ Oklahoma, @ V-tech and @ Ohio State to be our non confernece for the next 4 years so when we dont win many games and never make a bowl, we can hear more UK fans talk about how bad our football program is and how we never make a bowl game. I remember the Jared Lorenzen/Shane Boyd days we would battle to just a get a few wins per season and hear everyone talked bout the program how bad it is, I guess everyone wants to go back to those days.I know I dont want to see a Music City Bowl every year but I'll take that over NO bowl any year.
MVP2 Wrote:Lets hear it StarDust, I'm sure in your opioion adding, Central Michigan, Jacksonville St (Who beat Ole Miss this season), and going to LSU isnt much better is it. I'm glad UK and Joker beefed up the schedule so, we wont have UK fans complaing about the schedule we play.

It's about time.....:biggrin:
IMO< this stretch right here looks like a very brutal schedule and if we can get a split it would be awesome..but I think we limp out of those four 1-3

Sat. 09/17/11 - LOUISVILLE
Sat. 09/24/11 - FLORIDA
Sat. 10/01/11 - @ LSU
Sat. 10/08/11 - @ SOUTH CAROLINA
Central Michigan > Akron
Jacksonville St > Charleston Southern
Playing @ LSU > than playing @ Ole Miss.

I know, they didnt add Ohio St, Miami FL, Oregon and I could have used a different word than "beefed" but the schedule is much better and tougher than this season.
MVP2 Wrote:Central Michigan > Akron

I know, they didnt add Ohio St, Miami FL, Oregon and I could have used a different word than "beefed" but the schedule is much better and tougher than this season.

If they get 7 wins with this schedule, it will be remarkable. But if they get 7 wins, their RPI could be good enough to get them into the top 25
This schedule is beefed up and will have a very brutal stretch very early in the season and a couple at the end and I have put them in BOLD. I pick UK to upset one of the teams in BOLD as well

Thu. 09/01/11 - WESTERN KENTUCKY (Nashville, TN) - W
Sat. 09/10/11 - CENTRAL MICHIGAN - W
Sat. 09/17/11 - LOUISVILLE - W
Sat. 09/24/11 - FLORIDA - L
Sat. 10/01/11 - @ LSU - L
Sat. 10/08/11 - @ SOUTH CAROLINA - L
Sat. 10/15/11 - Open
Sat. 10/22/11 - JACKSONVILLE STATE - W
Sat. 10/29/11 - MISSISSIPPI STATE - L
Sat. 11/05/11 - OLE MISS - W
Sat. 11/12/11 - @ VANDERBILT - W
Sat. 11/19/11 - @ GEORGIA - L
Sat. 11/26/11 - TENNESSEE - L

UK finishes 6-6 and will miss a bowl game unless they pull a n upset or two
^

If UK gets 6 wins with that schedule even a 6-6, the Cats will be bowling for the 6th straight year.
BelfryPride Wrote:This schedule is beefed up and will have a very brutal stretch very early in the season and a couple at the end and I have put them in BOLD. I pick UK to upset one of the teams in BOLD as well

Sat. 10/15/11 - Open

BP, I still think UT is headed in the wrong direction and could likely be worse next year than they are this year. With this game at home, that is very winnable. Ole Miss at home is winnable as well, they will lose a lot this year. I'd be more inclined to give them the Ole Miss game, and make the Vandy game a pickem because of how tough it is to play there every other year.
Stardust Wrote:If they get 7 wins with this schedule, it will be remarkable. But if they get 7 wins, their RPI could be good enough to get them into the top 25

:Thumbs:
MVP2 Wrote:Central Michigan > Akron

I wouldn't say much better, but I'll give them a slightly better. Big Grin
when they play Arkansas again? i want to see the beat them so i can hear all the whinning from Hog fans,lol
I am seeing seven wins. Which is an sccomplishment in the SEC.
BelfryPride Wrote:This schedule is beefed up and will have a very brutal stretch very early in the season and a couple at the end and I have put them in BOLD. I pick UK to upset one of the teams in BOLD as well

Sat. 10/15/11 - Open

Agreed
Actually, next year's schedule is not much different from this year. Nine of the teams are the same, with only 3 differences. Here they are:

1. Akron (2010) / Cent. Michigan (2011) = This would qualify as an upgrade, but only because Akron is probably the worst I-A team in football this year. CMU had had some good teams in recent years, but are only 3-7 this season after losing Dan Lefevour. Although technically an upgrade, UK should still be favored to win easily over another MAC patsy.

2. Chaleston Southern (2010) / Jacksonville St. (2011) = Again, this would qualify as an upgrade, but only because of how terrible Charleston is. Yes, JSU pulled off a great upset against Ole Miss, but they also just lost to Eastern KY, and went to overtime with a Georgia St team in its first year of football. So even as an upgrade, still a game UK should win with relative ease.

3. Auburn (2010) / LSU (2011) = In the SEC's revolving schedule, Auburn goes off for another few years, and LSU comes back on board. IMO, with their prolific offense, Auburn appears to be a team on the rise. Meanwhile, LSU has won multiple games this year it no business winning, and have to be the worst 8-1 team in division I-A. Plus, it seems like UK usually plays LSU tough, no matter how good they are. So, would I rather play LSU than Auburn next year? Absolutely.

So, in summary, I think the schedule might be a touch harder with regards to the cupcake portion, but a touch easier in the SEC. Overall, about the same difficulty as this year.
Strikeout King Wrote:wonder how we are playing a Michigan School and how come we are playing LSU again after we haven't played them for awhile?

Each team in the SEC has a "permanent partner" in the other division that they play on an annual, home-and-home basis. For UK, that team is Mississippi State. The others are:

Alabama - Tennessee
Auburn - Georgia
Arkansas - South Carolina
LSU - Florida
Ole Miss - Vandy

As for LSU, the other 5 teams in the West appear on UK's schedule on a rotating basis, for 2 years (home-and-home) at a time. Last year we were at Auburn, this year we played them at home. This year we played at Ole Miss, next year they come to us. Next year we play at LSU, the year after they will come to Lexington, and so on. Hope this clears it up.
As for how I view the schedule, it doesn't look too bad to me. I like getting Louisville and both Mississippi schools at home, those are swing games that will be easier to win in Commonwealth. Breaking it down:

Likely wins: Western KY, Cent. Michigan, Jacksonville, @ Vandy

Underdog games: Florida, @ LSU, @ Georgia, @ South Carolina

Swing games: Louisville, Miss. St., Ole Miss, Tennessee

So, if UK was to win all the swing games (which happen to all be at home), next year's record could be as good as 8-4. Even the underdog games aren't complete mismatches, as we beat SC this year and won at Georgia last year, so 10-2 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Then again, you never know with UK. Losing all the swing games and underdog games would leave us at 4-8 and out of a bowl. Just have to wait and see what happens.