Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County Schedule 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I heard the Bulldogs added some tough non district opponents to the 2011 schedule with district games being against Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Pike Central and East Ridge it looks like the Bulldogs have a tough road ahead of them. I know the kids and staff are up for the challenge. Whats everyone's thoughts?
i see LC with 8 wins next year , what are your thoughts?
They can get some Quality wins and be battle tested for playoff time.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I heard the Bulldogs added some tough non district opponents to the 2011 schedule with district games being against Belfry, Sheldon Clark, Pike Central and East Ridge it looks like the Bulldogs have a tough road ahead of them. I know the kids and staff are up for the challenge. Whats everyone's thoughts?

Who are the non district teams? East Ridge and Pike Central should be winnable games next year for you guys.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Who are the non district teams? East Ridge and Pike Central should be winnable games next year for you guys.

I believe Ashland was added, not for sure on any others.
I think LC has a great chance for a district title next year.
I see them with 8 wins as well.
I believe they open with Ashland at home. They added Jackson County which looks like a program trying to find a win. District is 3 Pike County teams and Sheldon Clark. They still have the annual "brawl" with tolsia.
Ashland H
Jackson Co. H
Prestonsburg A
Open
Letcher Central A
Raceland H
Sheldon Clark H
Pike Central A
Belfrey A
East Ridge H
Tolisa A ?
barlow Wrote:Ashland H
Jackson Co. H
Prestonsburg A
Open
Letcher Central A
Raceland H
Sheldon Clark H
Pike Central A
Belfrey A
East Ridge H
Tolisa A ?

thats preatty tough, espically if all those teams have teams that they normally have..
4 teams that have a losing record, one team that is o-20. Not sure how tought it is. IMO will not get them ready for playoff run.
redstorm Wrote:4 teams that have a losing record, one team that is o-20. Not sure how tought it is. IMO will not get them ready for playoff run.

But it is still better than the last 2 years schedule.
This schedule is much better than last 2 years.
It will get them ready for playoffs, the last two years they have done well in post season with their schedule now.

LOL at the Tolisa brawl.
I was wishing for a Johnson Central Lawrence County matchup. Why would they play Jackson County and Letcher County Central instead of Johnson Central? Imagine the rivalry and gate that game would bring.
LC will be better than what most think next year. even though the lose key players on both sides of the ball i see many kids stepping up in the future.:popcorn:
Don Carlo Wrote:I was wishing for a Johnson Central Lawrence County matchup. Why would they play Jackson County and Letcher County Central instead of Johnson Central? Imagine the rivalry and gate that game would bring.

I do know for a fact that Johnson Central has requested a scrimmage game there for August of next year.. Not sure if has been scheduled though.
If true, it's really cool to see P-burg/Lawrence Co. hooking up again !!
William Muney Wrote:But it is still better than the last 2 years schedule.
Wow! Mr. Muney..you almost had something nice to say about LC!!
9-POINT Wrote:LC will be better than what most think next year. even though the lose key players on both sides of the ball i see many kids stepping up in the future.:popcorn:

Next year LC will have 16 Seniors who get a lot of playing time now.
ballfan87 Wrote:I do know for a fact that Johnson Central has requested a scrimmage game there for August of next year.. Not sure if has been scheduled though.

I would rather have a regular season game, but I would settle for a scrimmage game. Hopefully both schools can work something out.
Don Carlo Wrote:I was wishing for a Johnson Central Lawrence County matchup. Why would they play Jackson County and Letcher County Central instead of Johnson Central? Imagine the rivalry and gate that game would bring.

I also think it would have been better,but im not the coach.
oneijoe Wrote:If true, it's really cool to see P-burg/Lawrence Co. hooking up again !!

I agree with this also!!
Jackson Co. H
Prestonsburg A
Open
Letcher Central A
Raceland H
Sheldon Clark H
Pike Central A
Belfrey A
East Ridge H
Tolisa A ?

3-7
kmba32 Wrote:3-7

I don't agree with this prediction. :dontthink
rc242 Wrote:I don't agree with this prediction. :dontthink

It was my opinion you don't have to agree, that is what this site is about.
oneijoe Wrote:If true, it's really cool to see P-burg/Lawrence Co. hooking up again !!

:rockon::Thumbs:
With the kids we have back I see 9-1 or 10-0. At Belfry will be a tough one but I think we will do it.
kmba32 Wrote:It was my opinion you don't have to agree, that is what this site is about.

true...and as i said i dont agree ,that is mine!!
Jackson Co. H
Prestonsburg A
Open
Letcher Central A
Raceland H
Sheldon Clark H
Pike Central A
Belfrey A
East Ridge H
Tolisa A ?

Those are your better teams. Congrats on getting a harder schedule.
lawrence will have a lot tougher schedule next season, I still think they will have a really good season, and they return a lot of quality players

7-3 is my prediction, and bulldoggs will be more prepared for the playoffs.

Johnson Central would beat the tar outta Lawrence County.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Those are your better teams. Congrats on getting a harder schedule.

Raceland will give Lawrence all they want, especially in about 2 years. The talent that they have coming up is phenomenal for a 1A school.
Pages: 1 2