Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrassrivals.com Preseason Top 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to thank everyone who helped with these rankings. I used every imaginable source, interviewed coaches, looked through newspapers and magazines, checked rosters, watched practices, etc...

These were very difficult rankings. To have a team like Bowling Green at #12 and Belfry on the honorable mention list just shows how many good teams this state has to offer. I am very excited about this season. I am sure there is a team somewhere that I forgot and the honorable mention list could go on forever. Feel free to criticize away.

1.Marion County
2.Rockcastle County
3.DuPont Manual
4.Scott County
5.Elizabethtown
6.Madison Central
7.Mercy
8.Ryle
9.Boone County
10.Perry County Central
11.Sacred Heart
12.Bowling Green
13.Butler
14.Henderson County
15.Clay County
16.Calloway County
17.Ballard
18.Anderson County
19.Bullitt East
20.Franklin-Simpson

Honorable Mention (In no particular order)
Montgomery County, Ohio County, George Rogers Clark, Owensboro Catholic, Rowan County, Bryan Station, Newport Central Catholic, Murray, Belfry, Franklin County, Scott, Southwestern, Casey County, Sheldon Clark, Letcher County Central, Simon Kenton, Grayson County.
Not soon enough...lol.
Oh the drama that is building, right? Big Grin
Looks good LWC! I think the Lady Warriors are possibly better than some of the other teams on the list but overall I agree with the list. I can't wait til the 1st tipoff.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:Looks good LWC! I think the Lady Warriors are possibly better than some of the other teams on the list but overall I agree with the list. I can't wait til the 1st tipoff.

You Know Captain, when I was researching this list and when others would send me lists, I thought about 3 or 4 teams that if they were successful, would not surprise me at all: Southwestern, Owensboro Catholic, Grayson County and Bryan Station. All of those teams have VERY special young players that have the potential to elevate their teams. SW has 2 of those Big Grin
Which Belfry team is better. The first one mentioned or the second one. LOL.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Which Belfry team is better. The first one mentioned or the second one. LOL.

Thanks for that catch. :Thumbs:
I think Perry will work there way to the top of this list by the end of the season!
I think that the list looks pretty good! There are lots of good teams in the state this year. Can't wait until the season starts!
Garrard Co. must be mentioned. They could be as good as Southwestern or Casey. I believe they will surprise alot of folks in the 12th Region.
RadioVeteran Wrote:Garrard Co. must be mentioned. They could be as good as Southwestern or Casey. I believe they will surprise alot of folks in the 12th Region.

Don't they have a scrimmage with Russell County very soon?
king360 Wrote:I think Perry will work there way to the top of this list by the end of the season!

Randy's getting another ring!

j/k

he has a shot though
LWC Wrote:Don't they have a scrimmage with Russell County very soon?

Not Sure about that. The reason I mention Garrard is because They gave the Rock a good game in the 12th Region Tourney. I think most of their players will be back.
RadioVeteran Wrote:Not Sure about that. The reason I mention Garrard is because They gave the Rock a good game in the 12th Region Tourney. I think most of their players will be back.

Not trying to sound cocky, but I guess that a 13 point loss is a good game. Garrard is young, and outside of SW and Casey County (who will be without Pittman for quite a while) Garrard could be a spoiler for a lot of teams.
bump.
I think the list looks pretty good. Don't know that I would have ranked the Rock so high yet so that any reading this wouldn't get cocky!! I would rather see them play with a chip on thier shoulders.
LWC Wrote:Not trying to sound cocky, but I guess that a 13 point loss is a good game. Garrard is young, and outside of SW and Casey County (who will be without Pittman for quite a while) Garrard could be a spoiler for a lot of teams.

The game was close most of the time and then the Rock finally broke free from Garrard in the 4th period.
RadioVeteran Wrote:The game was close most of the time and then the Rock finally broke free from Garrard in the 4th period.

Good teams tend to pull away in the fourth. Garrard had a good year, they just had the misfortunes of drawing Coach Noble's team. We will see how this season goes.
LWC Wrote:I would like to thank everyone who helped with these rankings. I used every imaginable source, interviewed coaches, looked through newspapers and magazines, checked rosters, watched practices, etc...

These were very difficult rankings. To have a team like Bowling Green at #12 and Belfry on the honorable mention list just shows how many good teams this state has to offer. I am very excited about this season. I am sure there is a team somewhere that I forgot and the honorable mention list could go on forever. Feel free to criticize away.

1.Marion County
2.Rockcastle County
3.DuPont Manual
4.Scott County
5.Elizabethtown
6.Madison Central
7.Mercy
8.Ryle
9.Boone County
10.Perry County Central
11.Sacred Heart
12.Bowling Green
13.Butler
14.Henderson County
15.Clay County
16.Calloway County
17.Ballard
18.Anderson County
19.Bullitt East
20.Franklin-Simpson

Honorable Mention (In no particular order)
Montgomery County, Ohio County, George Rogers Clark, Owensboro Catholic, Rowan County, Bryan Station, Newport Central Catholic, Murray, Belfry, Franklin County, Scott, Southwestern, Casey County, Sheldon Clark, Letcher County Central, Simon Kenton, Grayson County.

I'm thinkin you need another hobby....LOL :flush:
What about North Laurel?
Recznik Wrote:I'm thinkin you need another hobby....LOL :flush:

Very mature :zzz: Confusedhh:
kentuckywildcatfan Wrote:What about North Laurel?

North Laurel does have a lot returning and has a coach that has been known to do well with talented teams, but they need to show me something this season. If they do well, I believe they are talented enough that if they start hot, they could easily move up.