Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NBA Power Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2010-11 Power Rankings: Week 2
RK (LW) TEAM REC COMMENT
1 (1) Lakers 7-0 Favorable schedule or not, this has been some opening statement from the defending champs ... Pau especially. So much for starting slowly, Kobe's supposed advancing age, saving their legs for the playoffs Celtics-style, etc.
2 (3) Celtics 6-1 It's not just the Lakers making us know-it-alls look silly for suggesting that various title contenders would ease into the season. The Celts are back in the top two after a 4-0 week awash in more glorious Rondo dimeage.
3 (2) Heat 5-2 Getting tweets galore from giddy Bosh bashers saying we should've seen his struggles coming. That we overrated him. Say what? No one pegged Bosh to lead the Heat in scoring, but who didn't expect him to rebound?
4 (11) Hornets 6-0 The Hornets have never started 6-0 before. Ever. So you can safely assume that, yes, Chris Paul is pretty healthy and happy right now, despite our claim (as laid out above) that No. 4 is as high Team CP3 can go for now.
5 (5) Magic 4-1 Still thinking, fairly or unfairly, about the beatdown that the Magic absorbed in Miami. Perhaps Monday night's reunion with the Atlanta team they abused in the playoffs this past spring will get my mind out of the gutter.
6 (10) Spurs 4-1 The Spurs have very quietly injected their roster with some quality youth: George Hill, Blair, Splitter, maybe even sleeper Gary Neal. Which is one big reason we keep saying they might be L.A.'s biggest worry out West.
7 (8) Nuggets 4-2 We say this not because George Karl is such a loyal rankings reader but because it's true: His Nuggets haven't received nearly enough credit for how hard/well they've played in the face of Melo drama and injuries.
8 (4) Trail Blazers 5-3 Latest entry for your next You'll Never Guess What Happened To Portland This Time discussion: The Blazers were assigned to play five games in the second week of the season ... and had to visit the Lakers in game No. 5.
9 (6) Hawks 6-1 Tell us, America: Disappointed in the Hawks for losing at home to Phoenix in the first game they've played against a team projected as playoff-worthy? Or does a 4-0 road record mean more than who they've played?
10 (9) Mavericks 3-2 The Rangers couldn't quite close. The Cowboys are suddenly America's Laughingstock. The town is there to be taken ... and the Mavs are averaging 14.0 points and 8.5 turnovers in their past two fourth quarters at home.
http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings
Move Heat up to #1 L.A. down to 10.. then it'd look good.
1-2-3 are fine and everyone else is just speculation/
Ballers Wrote:Move Heat up to #1 L.A. down to 10.. then it'd look good.

Can you make an intelligent post anymore.
1-2-3 do look good, until the Heat play the Lakers and the Celtics come to Miami, then will know.
Pride and Football Wrote:1-2-3 do look good, until the Heat play the Lakers and the Celtics come to Miami, then will know.

Definitely.
Once these teams play we will definitely get a better grasp on who's who in the NBA
Aslan Wrote:Can you make an intelligent post anymore.

I'll let him answer that.
I'd like to answer it for him but I'd get an infraction lol
Aslan Wrote:Can you make an intelligent post anymore.

It was joke Dikc Vitale...
Guess noone knows sarcasm of hilarity anymore..

L.A. has the best record in the NBA right now, why would they not be #1?
There, happy?
zaga_fan Wrote:I'll let him answer that.
I'd like to answer it for him but I'd get an infraction lol

:redboxer:
Ballers Wrote:It was joke Dikc Vitale...

Confusedhh:

There, happy?

I'm not happy yet.
I just don't see how hilarity is sarcastic.
Call me crazy....
but I just don't see it Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:a little confused....
did you mean "**** Vitale" and "Hilarity of Sarcasm:?

Zaga...

I spelled his name that way so you all would know who..

I meant hilarity **OR** sarcasm.. sorry for the typo
Ballers Wrote:Zaga...

I spelled his name that way so you all would know who..

I meant hilarity **OF** sarcasm.. sorry for the typo

LOL
I'm just playing, ballers.
Speaking of playing.
We're prolly playing ball tomorrow.
I'll Q ya Wink
Sounds good

There, happy?

I think you are #1:1:
Stardust Wrote:I think you are #1:1:

No, the legendary Stardust is #1 :biggrin:
I like the Hornets over the Heat at this point, they did beat em' an all.