Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Zenyatta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After a 19 race win streak, this amazing horse went for her 20th straight win.
After going through almost 3 full turns in last place and as far back as 19 lengths, Zenyatta made her way back up to 2nd place where she lost by no more than a foot. If the track had been another 10 feet she would have easily won.
Her jockey and owner said she had only raced on a track like that at the breeders cup 2 or 3 times and it took her a while to get use to it, and the reason why she was so far behind at the beginning, and the jockey blamed his self for the loss saying it was all his fault that he didn't get her going quicker. This horse is probably the best ever at falling behind big at the beginning of a race and blowing the competition away on the last turn and straight.

Many fans fell in love with her because of the way she dances while walking out to the track by pawing and stepping from side to side.
She has the best personality for a horse i have ever seen, and she should have finished her career 20-0

Couldnt find todays race anywhere yet, but this link shows her racing in a lot of different races.
It's too bad she wasn't able to pull it out but you could tell from the start that Zenyatta wasn't comfortable racing on a dirt track. Would have been nice to see her go 20-0 but i guess it just wasn't meant to happen.
The dirt track killed her, its amazing that she even came that close to winning, i thought she was hurt at first and had quit when she fell that far back but outta nowhere came back once she got used to the track.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The dirt track killed her, its amazing that she even came that close to winning, i thought she was hurt at first and had quit when she fell that far back but outta nowhere came back once she got used to the track.

I'm glad a horse from Paris, Ky TongueirateSho:1:beat her.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The dirt track killed her, its amazing that she even came that close to winning, i thought she was hurt at first and had quit when she fell that far back but outta nowhere came back once she got used to the track.

It wasn't the dirt track at all. She had the speed to bypass all the other horses like they were sitting still! This was all on the jockey miscalculating the break. She's a pace horse, and the jockey did not adjust when to make the break. Dirt had nothing to do with this.
Stardust Wrote:It wasn't the dirt track at all. She had the speed to bypass all the other horses like they were sitting still! This was all on the jockey miscalculating the break. She's a pace horse, and the jockey did not adjust when to make the break. Dirt had nothing to do with this.

I agree with this, I agree it had nothing to do with racing on dirt, she has done it before and won both times prior to this one. This was her first @ Churchhill downs.

I won the EX on this race playing the 5-8 but missed the TRI, I sure would have liked to have that 9, or 11 in there placing Big Grin