Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 42 West Carter 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Convincing win for Pirates..
congrats to the Pirates...way to go!!!
Congrats to the Pirates.... I knew Haywood would have them ready to play... Go get em next week
way to Pirates...
Congrats Pirates!
Looks like the Pirates keep the thrown of the highly coveted (by some) title of "King of Pike County" Confusedhh:
I'm so ready for Mason County. These guys are ready to be considered "for real"
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Looks like the Pirates keep the thrown of the highly coveted (by some) title of "King of Pike County" Confusedhh:
throne

j/k EKU
Seemed like the Pond Creek nation had other thoughts on their minds tonight...like who do we play in the second round...answer...Mason County
Bob Seger Wrote:throne

j/k EKU

HAHA..oops
Congrats go to the Pirates.
Way to Go Pirates! I really think this team still has the ability to make some serious noise before its all over.
Belfry is now clicking at the right time of the year, typical Belfry Big Grin
I heard Cline was injured for West. That really hurts the comets. He is so much of their offense. We heard some updates and it sounded close for a while. I guess the Pirates really put the hammer down in the second half.

Should be a great game at Mason County next week.
IMO I thought West Carter was athletic in spots, but they were really small size wise. Belfry ran on them all night pretty much at will. Only success West has was passing the ball.
Congrats to the Pirates on a big win! Should be a great game next week!
Belfry really made a statement this game!
Congrats to the Pirates,
Congrats Belfry, go get another one next week.
Congrats Pirates!!
Good win pirates!!
Congrats Pirates
Belfry_99 Wrote:IMO I thought West Carter was athletic in spots, but they were really small size wise. Belfry ran on them all night pretty much at will. Only success West has was passing the ball.

That sounds about right. West is not very big. Russell ran for over 300 yards on them as well.

If Cline did go out of the game that takes away the biggest part of their offense. He is really the only runner they have.
Congrats Pirates on a nice win! NOW, let's get ready to take care of business next week!
Mason County matchup will be intersting.
Cline was injured in the first series. He tried to come back but ended up sitting it out on the sidelines. That was a huge blow to WC, no doubt.

Still, they made a game of it for a half. Belfry didn't help themselves and made some dumb mistakes and a couple of turnovers. In the end, Belfry was the better team and they outmanned West Carter.

Hope everyone had a safe trip home and good luck Pirates next week at Mason County.
Bob Seger Wrote:throne

j/k EKU

Hey, leave him alone. That's they taught us to spell it at EKU. Congrats Belfry.
Congratulations to the mighty Pirates on a great win!! I think that everyone played some great ball last night!!

One warning to other teams...JOSH DIXON IS A BEAST!! I thought I was watching a MMA battle on that first tackle after kick-off, and let's not forget that brick wall that the receiver ran into in the 3rd quarter. Josh was definitely back to make a statement.

I also want to give a big shout-out to the TRUE PIRATE FANS that actually showed up at the game last night in support of these kids who play their guts out and leave it all on the field every Friday night! I don't think I can ever recall, in the past 10 years or so, that the bleachers were as bare as they were last night (especially for a playoff game).
Nice Win Pirates...Good luck in round 2...
congrats pirates good luck round 2 lets keep the mountains alive
Pirate Pal Wrote:Congratulations to the mighty Pirates on a great win!! I think that everyone played some great ball last night!!

One warning to other teams...JOSH DIXON IS A BEAST!! I thought I was watching a MMA battle on that first tackle after kick-off, and let's not forget that brick wall that the receiver ran into in the 3rd quarter. Josh was definitely back to make a statement.

I also want to give a big shout-out to the TRUE PIRATE FANS that actually showed up at the game last night in support of these kids who play their guts out and leave it all on the field every Friday night! I don't think I can ever recall, in the past 10 years or so, that the bleachers were as bare as they were last night (especially for a playoff game).

Thank you! I didn't wanna be the one to point out Dixon again. Wow that kid is a baller.

True Pirate fans... Did you see me last night? I was wearing a cutoff t-shirt with my arms painted.