Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Grant Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw where their coach resigned today. Anybody know the story?
this is from another website from the former head coach:

Before all the rumors get started and such, I wanted to come on here and let everyone know that I have decided to step down as the head football coach to pursue different opportunities. I appreciate the opportunity to have coached here at Grant for the last six years. It has been a great place to work and the AD is the best I have ever worked for. I am sure the next head coach will find a great group of kids. I wish the Grant County kids nothing but the best, they deserve it. Through the rebuilding process of the past couple of years a lot of young kids have received plenty of playing time. I hold no regrets and would have done it exactly the same if I could do it all over again. My assistant coaches have been great and have worked their tails off. I have developed many friendships that I hope will last a lifetime. I have competed against some great coaches and know that I have grown a lot in the past six years. I want to personally thank all those that have been involved with the program, coaches, players, administrators and the parents that have supported me throughout. We have been fortunate to have signed 13 kids in the past 5 years and will sign a few more this year. I will miss being the head coach but will enjoy right now spending time with my family, and watching my children play basketball and such while I decide on where the good Lord wants me to go next. I hope all on here and in Grant will respect my decision and know that this is what is best for my family and myself right now. Thanks Guru for all that you do for high school sports in Kentucky, ************** is and has been a great tool for all the avid fans of high school sports in this state. For those that care, I will inform you of my next steps. Feel free to PM me or call me( I will PM anyone my number if you PM me first). If anyone is interested in the position I would me more than glad to speak to you about the future here and what you have coming back.