Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central Shoot Out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im not for sure what it was called, but from my understanding JC had a shoot out where they scrimmage amongst each other. I was wondering if anyone had any info on it. How do they look?

Heard that the freshman really is impressive, "He plays above the rim!"
It was for the players to have a little fun. It was at Central Elementary for their teams and the high school done a couple of drills and scrimmaged each other.

Hard to judge the team with four seniors not there. Parker, Bratton, Salyer and J.K. Hall playing football.

Trying to do this at each elementary, but they don't seem interested.

The freshman had surgery on his knee in April and missed all of the summer except one day. He has completely healed now and does jump higher than ever, plus he grew a little over the summer. Hopefully, he will adjust to high school quickly and help the team. I am biased, so don't believe everything I say.
cart man Wrote:It was for the players to have a little fun. It was at Central Elementary for their teams and the high school done a couple of drills and scrimmaged each other.

Hard to judge the team with four seniors not there. Parker, Bratton, Salyer and J.K. Hall playing football.

Trying to do this at each elementary, but they don't seem interested.

The freshman had surgery on his knee in April and missed all of the summer except one day. He has completely healed now and does jump higher than ever, plus he grew a little over the summer. Hopefully, he will adjust to high school quickly and help the team. I am biased, so don't believe everything I say.

Thats good for the kids to see the high school players that they look up too.

How tall is now? I've heard 6'7".
I'm sure he will be a great contribution to JC this year.
I can't wait to see this team play once the football players return.
6'7 with shoes. Most guys play with shoes, so I guess that counts.
cart man Wrote:6'7 with shoes. Most guys play with shoes, so I guess that counts.

:lmao:
Lol hope he won't try to play barefoot!
JC will scrimmage Russell at Russell on Nov 23rd.
cant wait to see jc play :notworthy
cart man Wrote:6'7 with shoes. Most guys play with shoes, so I guess that counts.

:Thumbs:
Is that their first scrimmage? I hope that the football team goes far. However for BB sake were ready for them to start dribbling. JC will and should go really far this year in BB. The time with Skaggs and the younger guys being together has been valuable. I heard that the Freshman will really be a key contributor to this team. Anyone 6' 7 will help, even if he his a Freshman.
Who is the freshman?
Shane Hall, is who I think it is. Gonna be a beast when he gets older. What I mean is when he gets some more bulk and experience. But, it is a BIG step going from MS to High School, especially Varsity. The kid is gonna be good one though.
OffTheHook Wrote:Shane Hall, is who I think it is. Gonna be a beast when he gets older. What I mean is when he gets some more bulk and experience. But, it is a BIG step going from MS to High School, especially Varsity. The kid is gonna be good one though.

this kid will definitely be a baller once he matures and like you said bulks up etc.
it will be nice to see him develope
Should be fun watching him. Hopefully he'll wait til my son graduates after next season before he does it though...lol...;-)
OffTheHook Wrote:Should be fun watching him. Hopefully he'll wait til my son graduates after next season before he does it though...lol...;-)

JC will have a great team this year and for the next few years to come,
hopefully LC can rebuilt and get a good team together soon
IMO LC is about 2 more years away.
OffTheHook Wrote:IMO LC is about 2 more years away.

oh yeah no doubt, if skaggs would have stayed the rumor was, chandler sheppherd, cody moore, hunter james, and a few others was gonna come out and play so they would have competed. but losing coach A really hurt the dawgs, also most of the players from last year quit.

look for the dawgs to make some noise in 3 years when a few of these middleschoolers can get up there.

until then it is JC all the way.
Agreed, LC has a good 8th grade group of kids.
TSSI Wrote:Is that their first scrimmage? I hope that the football team goes far. However for BB sake were ready for them to start dribbling. JC will and should go really far this year in BB. The time with Skaggs and the younger guys being together has been valuable. I heard that the Freshman will really be a key contributor to this team. Anyone 6' 7 will help, even if he his a Freshman.

Only allowed 2 scrimmages. Nov 23rd and Nov 27th will be those 2. I agree that the practice time for Skaggs and the others has been huge without the football players there. What I mean is that they are getting a lot of focus from the coaches and are getting to know the plays before the football players return. The football players already know the plays and the system and will catch up quickly.
Seen the hall kid play he is the real deal, could really help the high school.
Skaggs will put on a show as he did against JC last year:popcorn:
Skaggs has really put on the muscle this year and even attending Speed training in Hunt. It will be interesting to see how good he will be from not playing football and strictly concentrating on BB. I expect him to be ready come day 1. Sure cant wait to see him light it up from back behind the arc with Parker and crew doing their thing.

RUPP here we come!!!
TSSI Wrote:Skaggs has really put on the muscle this year and even attending Speed training in Hunt. It will be interesting to see how good he will be from not playing football and strictly concentrating on BB. I expect him to be ready come day 1. Sure cant wait to see him light it up from back behind the arc with Parker and crew doing their thing.

RUPP here we come!!!

:rockon: GREAT POST
:Clap::1::1::1:
SweetLemonade Wrote::rockon: GREAT POST
:1::1::1::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Cheerlead:Cheerlead:CheerleadTongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho:rockon::rockon:
I hope to see Scaggs do great things this year. It would be great if a team from the 15th was competing for the state championship again this year. We want to keep it in the mountains :Thumbs:
region15 Wrote:I hope to see Scaggs do great things this year. It would be great if a team from the 15th was competing for the state championship again this year. We want to keep it in the mountains :Thumbs:

Of course! :1:
Skaggs didnt play ball his freshman year and it helped him a bunch, should be a huge contributer this year for the eagles,,, best of luck