Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lakers 124 Grizzlies 105
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Reigning champion Lakers rout Grizzlies en route to 4-0 start

LOS ANGELES -- Kobe Bryant scored all of his 23 points in the first half, Pau Gasol had 21 points and 13 rebounds against his 7-foot-1 kid brother, and the Los Angeles Lakers routed the Memphis Grizzlies 124-105 on Tuesday night for their fourth straight win to open the season.

Lamar Odom had 17 points and eight rebounds for unbeaten Los Angeles, while Bryant fell one minute short of matching Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to become the Lakers' franchise leader in minutes played because he sat out the fourth quarter.
Phil ALWAYS sits Kobe down to start the 4th.
He likes to get the bench going and let Kobe come in with fresh legs.
If the Lakers don't need him in the 4th, Phil usually lets him sit.
Kobe scored 60+ pts in 3 quarters once and could have set a franchise record for points.
He sat the whole 4th quarter.
Later that month he dropped 81 and got the record anyway Wink
LA made it look easy last night.
Wow, they could only generate a 19 point win? Not like the top teams in the league that win by 20+
Haha.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, they could only generate a 19 point win? Not like the top teams in the league that win by 20+

The top teams don't start out 0-1 either Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:The top teams don't start out 0-1 either Wink

Oh sorry about Heat facing the next big thing in the NBA..
Who did LA face in their season opener and about lose too?
Oh, almost forgot, Houston Rockets who currently don't have a W last time I checked..
Ballers Wrote:Oh sorry about Heat facing the next big thing in the NBA..
Who did LA face in their season opener and about lose too?
Oh, almost forgot, Houston Rockets who currently don't have a W last time I checked..

Undefeated!
Fri, Nov 5 vsToronto 10:30 PM
Sun, Nov 7 vsPortland 9:30 PM
Tue, Nov 9 vsMinnesota 10:30 PM
Thu, Nov 11 @Denver 10:30 PM TNT
Sun, Nov 14 vsPhoenix 9:30 PM
Tue, Nov 16 @Milwaukee 8:00 PM
Wed, Nov 17 @Detroit 7:30 PM
Fri, Nov 19 @Minnesota 8:00 PM
Sun, Nov 21 vsGolden State 9:30 PM
Tue, Nov 23 vsChicago 10:30 PM
Fri, Nov 26 @Utah 9:00 PM
Sun, Nov 28 vsIndiana 9:30 PM
Tue, Nov 30 @Memphis 8:00 PM

By looking forward.. LA really doesn't face anyone..
Bolded are the teams that 'MAY' give L.A. a scare.. Other than that.. It is a cupcake schedule to say the least..
^Please don't come in here with that weak crap.
Everyone plays everyone in the NBA.
just sayin.. weak schedule thus far...
Ballers Wrote:just sayin.. weak schedule thus far...

This isn't college.

SOS doesn't mean we are going to miss the playoffs, wins and losses do.

And if you want to play that card, didn't the Celtics lose to the Cavs after they beat the Heat?
zaga_fan Wrote:The top teams don't start out 0-1 either Wink

They do when they completely dominate in their next 81 games. And thusfar, they have dominated their last four games like no other team in history has done. Did I say no other team in history????
Stardust Wrote:They do when they completely dominate in their next 81 games. And thusfar, they have dominated their last four games like no other team in history has done. Did I say no other team in history????

If the heat is the best team in history because of their last 4 games. Then that means rondo is the best passing point guard in history the past few games?
TongueirateSho
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If the heat is the best team in history because of their last 4 games. Then that means rondo is the best passing point guard in history the past few games?
TongueirateSho

It definitely would Wink

Well...
I guess that would make him the best passing PG starting a season because of the past few games.
I'd say Stockton or Magic probably had more in a given 4 or 5 game stretch at some point.
zaga_fan Wrote:It definitely would Wink

Well...
I guess that would make him the best passing PG starting a season because of the past few games.
I'd say Stockton or Magic probably had more in a given 4 or 5 game stretch at some point.

:eyeroll: Are you sure? Espn wouldn't say, they was showing lebrons top 10 layups.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If the heat is the best team in history because of their last 4 games. Then that means rondo is the best passing point guard in history the past few games?
TongueirateSho

I buy that!:Thumbs: