Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is the Best UK player that is currently active in the NBA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There is 16 that I'm aware of.

Derek Anderson (Bobcats)
Kelenna Azubuike (Warriors)
Eric Bledsoe (Clippers)
Keith Bogans (Magic) 2010 (Spurs)
Demarcus Cousins (Kings)
Chuck Hayes (Rockets)
Jamaal Magloire (Nets) 2010 (Heat)
Jodie Meeks (Bucks)
Nazr Mohammed (Pistons) 2010 (bobcats)
Randolph Morris (Knicks-Inactive) 2010 (Hawks)
Daniel Orton (Magic)
Patrick Patterson (Rockets)
Tayshaun Prince (Pistons)
Rajon Rondo (Celtics)
Antoine Walker (Timberwolves)
John Wall (Wizards)

Correct me if i am missing anyone. this means who played the best for UK while there and who steped up once they made it to the NBA?

IMO Best at UK - Antoine Walker / and NBA is Rajon Rondo.
At the moment Rondo is the best.
Tough decision for saying who was best at UK...
But can't overlook Tayshaun Prince.. He has rings both ways..

Today, Rajon Rondo would be the best at the next level.
Rajon Rondo
Rondo, but give Wall a few years.
Ballers Wrote:Tough decision for saying who was best at UK...
But can't overlook Tayshaun Prince.. He has rings both ways..

Today, Rajon Rondo would be the best at the next level.

He didn't win a championship in college.

Dan Issel is the best ever at UK and also in the NBA from UK.
Mashburn was awesome at both levels.
Nowsdays, Wall or Cousins. Both will have good long careers.
Without a doubt Rajon Rondo is the best in the NBA!
I think Gerald Fitch is under contract with someone and they have him playing in the D-League or overseas.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think Gerald Fitch is under contract with someone and they have him playing in the D-League or overseas.

Last I heard is was playing for Ayuda en Accion Fuenlabrada(Spain) and doing really well!
Rondo easily.
Rondo.
Rondo and it's not even close
Derek Anderson (Bobcats)
Kelenna Azubuike (Warriors)
Eric Bledsoe (Clippers)
Keith Bogans (Magic) 2010 (Spurs)
Demarcus Cousins (Kings)
Chuck Hayes (Rockets)
Jamaal Magloire (Nets) 2010 (Heat)
Jodie Meeks (Bucks)
Nazr Mohammed (Pistons) 2010 (bobcats)
Randolph Morris (Knicks-Inactive) 2010 (Hawks)
Daniel Orton (Magic)
Patrick Patterson (Rockets)
Tayshaun Prince (Pistons)
Rajon Rondo (Celtics)
Antoine Walker (Timberwolves)
John Wall (Wizards)

Well, the jury is still out on many listed. Looking at the history of the mentioned, Prince and Anderson are the two most successful and IMO, one would have to give the edge to Prince.
Rondo...Why couldn't he play like this when he was at UK?
leecoukfan Wrote:Without a doubt Rajon Rondo is the best in the NBA!

Rondo set the record tonight for the most assists through the 1st 4 games of a season with 67 assists!!:rockon:
leecoukfan Wrote:Rondo set the record tonight for the most assists through the 1st 4 games of a season with 67 assists!!:rockon:

Sweet. Rondo is def the best UK player in the NBA.
J-Rod Wrote:Rondo...Why couldn't he play like this when he was at UK?

Tubby's offense didn't allow him to play his style, which is much like the dribble drive offense. He would've been incredible had he played in Cal's system in college.
Rondo by far

I thought Anderson and Walker were out of basketball. Am I wrong?
leecoukfan Wrote:Without a doubt Rajon Rondo is the best in the NBA!

Rondo is currently leading the ESPN Sportsnation Poll for "Who is the best Point Guard in the NBA?"!!!
Rondo easily.
Defiantly Rondo.
Rondo, wasnt good at UK, but once he got in the NBA he turned into a BEAST of a PG... Just a matter of time for wall... if he can get the jump shot down then he is the best
Aslan Wrote:He didn't win a championship in college.

Dan Issel is the best ever at UK and also in the NBA from UK.
Mashburn was awesome at both levels.
Nowsdays, Wall or Cousins. Both will have good long careers.

Your right he didn't my bad...

But one can't overlook a few things he did at UK.. Just to name a few per Wiki:

Prince won SEC Player of the Year in his junior season (2000–2001)[3] - also leading the SEC in free throw percentage (84.3%)[4] - and was named to the Associated Press All-SEC Teams in both his junior and senior years.[5] Kentucky won the SEC Tournament in 1999 and 2001, and Prince was awarded the 2001 tournament's Most Valuable Player award.[5]

Notable individual performances included a 31 point, 11 rebound, 4 assist, 4 steal effort in a 79–59 victory over North Carolina. In scoring Kentucky's first fifteen points, Prince made five consecutive three-point shots. Kentucky shooting guard Keith Bogans compared Prince's performance to "the Chicago Bulls' Michael Jordan blistering Portland in the 1992 NBA Finals."[6] In an 87–82 victory over Tulsa during the 2002 NCAA Tournament, Prince scored a career-high 41 points (along with 9 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks) to lead Kentucky to the Sweet 16.[7]
theVILLE Wrote:Rondo, wasnt good at UK, but once he got in the NBA he turned into a BEAST of a PG... Just a matter of time for wall... if he can get the jump shot down then he is the best

I believe rondo was our best player while in college. Winning a few games. Leading the teams in points rebounding and assist if im correct.
Rondo wasn't as good in college because he isn't a college basketball player. His game was meant for the NBA, just like John Wall's is.
I think Wall could pass up Rondo very quickly if he keeps working.
Wall didn't have the option of getting drafted any lower and being on a great team though lol
Rondo
No brainier, Rondo.
Ballers Wrote:Your right he didn't my bad...

But one can't overlook a few things he did at UK.. Just to name a few per Wiki:

Prince won SEC Player of the Year in his junior season (2000–2001)[3] - also leading the SEC in free throw percentage (84.3%)[4] - and was named to the Associated Press All-SEC Teams in both his junior and senior years.[5] Kentucky won the SEC Tournament in 1999 and 2001, and Prince was awarded the 2001 tournament's Most Valuable Player award.[5]

Notable individual performances included a 31 point, 11 rebound, 4 assist, 4 steal effort in a 79–59 victory over North Carolina. In scoring Kentucky's first fifteen points, Prince made five consecutive three-point shots.
Kentucky shooting guard Keith Bogans compared Prince's performance to "the Chicago Bulls' Michael Jordan blistering Portland in the 1992 NBA Finals."[6] In an 87–82 victory over Tulsa during the 2002 NCAA Tournament, Prince scored a career-high 41 points (along with 9 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 blocks) to lead Kentucky to the Sweet 16.[7]
That was crazy..
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Rondo wasn't as good in college because he isn't a college basketball player. His game was meant for the NBA, just like John Wall's is.

It was more Tubby keeping a tight lease on him than anything. He had to do everything in the half court and "within the offense".
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I believe rondo was our best player while in college. Winning a few games. Leading the teams in points rebounding and assist if im correct.

Haha, i was meaning that rondo wasnt as good in college but he steeped it up in the NBA! I dont think rondo led UK in points but i could be wrong.. I think the Big 3 has alot to do with rondos progress in the NBA though
Pages: 1 2