Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: God Bless Our Veterans!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all allow me to say that I know it is 10 days before Veterans Day, I understand that. What I am encouraging Bluegrassrivals.com users to do is openly love, appreciate, respect and honor our fighting men and women on days that are not November 11th. I encourage everyone to honor the veterans on Veterans Day, but how about in 2010, we have a 10 day celebration of our Veterans?

I am calling this 10 days of '10 The idea is that Bluegrassrivals.com honors our veterans with thanks, prayers, stories, best-of-wishes, devotionals, testimonials, or whatever you feel lead to say/do. If you are a veteran, maybe you can share a story, memory, information, encouragement to those who have gone before, or those that are currently serving.

Veterans, this can be your platform to say thanks to your family and friends for supporting you through your enlistment and afterwards.

This 10 days can be a good time to reflect on the freedom that we have and enjoy because of our veterans and their continued efforts. This can be a time to honor/commemorate a fallen hero/platoon/unit/etc...

Remember that I want to try for 10 days of '10, so let's show our love!

Also, another reason that I started this now is so that if Veterans log on or visit this website on Veterans day, they will already see all the love that Bluegrassrivals.com has for them.
A Prayer for Veterans:

Heavenly Father, I come to you with a prayer of thanksgiving for those men and women that choose to push their personal liberty to the side for the benefit of us here on the homefront. Lord, I understand that some of these people willingly wake up everyday to gunfire, while I complain about waking up to the alarm clock, these people willingly take careful steps in enemy territory, while I walk in American tranquility, Lord help me keep my perspective. Never allow me to take for granted one moment of the peace, liberty and freedom that they defend.

Lord, I pray right now for the fighting men and women's safety, for their families to have peace in a situation that may not be peaceful. Lord, give comfort to the husbands and wives that have so many nights of lost sleep, and so many hours staring at the phone praying that the dreadful call or knock on the door never comes. Lord, you are the Wonderful Counselor and you can keep their minds at ease and you can fill them with a peace that passes all understanding.

Father God, I never want to forget those that have served their country proudly. Lord they may be finished with their time, but they are still soldiers. Their feet may not be on base but their hearts are still there. Lord please bring peace to those that might have complications, sickness, flash-backs, mental-defects, or other problems, Lord we know that you are the Great Physician and you will heal them in accordance with your Perfect Will.

Father please be near to those that are POW or MIA, father because they may be gone but they are not forgotten. They may be missing but they will be remembered.

All of these things we ask in the name of Jesus,
Amen.
God bless our veterans! :USAFlag: Thanks for everything. Smile
bump.
Thanks
bump.
Amen to this
Veterans Day is tomorrow November 11. I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Vundy 33 and all the other veterans on here that do what they do: Keep us all safe. Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Westside Wrote:Veterans Day is tomorrow November 11. I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to Vundy 33 and all the other veterans on here that do what they do: Keep us all safe. Thanks!!!!!!!!!
:Thumbs: I work with some of our nation's men and women in uniform everyday and it is an honor to be associated with them. I will never really understand what it is like to be a soldier, but the positive impact that military service has on young men and women is obvious to anybody who works among them (or are privileged to have them in their family).
I would like to give a big thank you to all veterans, past and present.
I'll be at the bar to drink 12 for SGT Erick Klusacek, SPC Kevin Graham, PFC Chad Coleman, PVT Adam Novak, PFC Chris Barton and SPC Jerod Osborne.

Rest easy brothers, this one's on me. You won't be forgotten.
Bump for veterans day. Smile
I posted this in the other thread, so I'll put it in this one as well.

I'll be at the bar to drink 12 for SGT Erick Klusacek, SPC Kevin Graham, PFC Chad Coleman, PVT Adam Novak, PFC Chris Barton and SPC Jerod Osborne.

Rest easy brothers, this one's on me. You won't be forgotten.
God Bless the Vets and the Current Soldiers. Thank you very much. Confusedalute:
As, I posted in the other thread. God Bless and thank you guys so much!
Thank you all who have fought for this country. I greatly appreciate every single one of you all!!!

God Bless the USA!