Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Actress vs. Colonel Sanders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pamela Anderson is leading a charge to remove a bust of KFC founder Colonel Harland Sanders from the state Capitol.

The actress called the Kentucky native's likeness "a monument to cruelty" to chickens in a statement issued by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the animal rights group.

The statement did little to ruffle feathers in Gov. Ernie Fletcher's office.

"Colonel Sanders was one of Kentucky's most distinguished citizens, a great entrepreneur and a fine charitable man of faith, and he certainly has a place in Kentucky history. We believe he warrants appropriate recognition as such," Fletcher spokeswoman Jodi Whitaker said.

Anderson has been involved in a campaign to raise awareness of conditions in processing plants that supply poultry to the Louisville-based chicken chain.

In a letter to Fletcher, Anderson detailed alleged abuses of chickens by KFC suppliers.

Among her claims, she said workers in a slaughterhouse in West Virginia have been filmed tearing the heads off live birds, spitting tobacco in their eyes, spray-painting their faces and slamming them on the ground.

KFC spokeswoman Laurie Schalow called the move to oust the colonel "just another misguided publicity stunt by PETA in their attempt to create a vegan society."

[Image: pxl_trans.gif]
Batpuff Wrote:"just another misguided publicity stunt by PETA in their attempt to create a vegan society."
Amen....I hate groups like this :thumb:
She might have nice big breast but I prefer mine KENTUCKY FRIED.
did you come up with that by yourself???
I have been waiting to post this for the last month so he could come up with that.
Pam and the word BUST in the same sentence
Some people just have to much free time!!

Wasn't PETA the same group that went to animal shelters to pick up dogs and have them put to sleep because they claimed that they were being miss treated?
I thought KFC was from Iowa, I know Cornel Sanders took the recipe from a friend from Iowa. so I just assumed
Cheem, I'm fairly sure the first KFC is in the London/Corbin area... they have a musuem-type deal there too.

BallaBaby

CatDawg Wrote:She might have nice big breast but I prefer mine KENTUCKY FRIED.

:lol:
oh, I was watching something on the history channel awhile back that said it was from iowa and the Colonel took the recipe from some guy from kentucky I got it backwards in my other post but IDK I'll research it later.
Pamela Anderson is a very big activisit in PETA.
I personally think it's retarded.
She has even posed in a lettuce leaf bikini for PETA promotion.

Best saying I have ever heard!
Glad you like it. I guess I could have said Kentucky Grown.

lol yep