Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 32 Pikeville 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final from tonight and with the win the Cards are the Class 3A District 8 Champions .. Here is to a deep playoff run! GO CARDS
Congrats SC
Sounds like Pikeville hung around in this one. Congrats SC.
Pikeville hung in pretty well, even though they made numerous mistakes. The center snaps were a huge problem. Their passing game was pretty fair.

Sheldon Clark seemed a little lethargic in spots; this must be eliminated if they are to go deep in the playoffs. The pass defense was poor, to say the least.

Some good things I saw for Sheldon Clark were, what many of us do not watch, the blocking by Taylor Chapman and KP Skyles. In addition, BJ Jarrell and Skyles ran hard. I think Skyles gained 155 yards for the game.

Bottom line: Sheldon Clark needs consistency, play the whole game with intensity, improve blocking in the line, utilize the strong running attack, dramatically improve the pass defense, and eliminate mistakes.

Good luck nest week, Cards!
Closer score than I thought, but it looks like SC may have been trying to stay healthy as well
Congrats SC
Congrats to Sheldon Clark on the win.They earned the win in this game. Pikeville had several oportunities to win this game, but too many high snaps and too long getting the play in from the sideline, resulting in too many penalties. Going back to highsnaps over the qb.'s head, last count i had was eight. The effort was there, but too many mental mistakes.
Nice win for the Cards,heading into the playoffs.
Congrats Cards...A win is a win, but need to focus and play with some consistency. Pikeville played well and kept the game much closer than it should have been..So my hats off to you Pathers. Note: "Pikeville QB looked very well in this game"
On another note: Cards QB Austin Stepp also done a fine job tonight. Made a few nice plays and decisons. Good Job Stepp! Skyles ran hard and really helped the Cards in this one. Skyles and Jarrell running ability might have been the reason the Cards pulled this one out.
Goodluck Cards! "It's Playoff Time"
I just want to say congrats to Pikeville. Make a good run in the playoff guys.
From what I saw last night Pikeville is a good team and I feel that they will make a good run in 1A. Now on to my Cards, Kp and Bj both had very good games last night running the ball and I think with his game last night KP broke 1000 yards on the season. Stepp played a good game to, all in all it was a good hard fought win on senior night for the cards and now they need to be ready for the playoffs as its a new season of win or go home.
Wasn't expecting it to be this close, what happened in this one? Congrats Cards!!
I would like to also add to this that Austin Stepp broke the 1000 yard mark last night in passing yards
^^^^thats actually a big deal for a SC team....congrats
beasy_bo Wrote:^^^^thats actually a big deal for a SC team....congrats
He has done it for 3 years in a row now I do believe
Did TALYOR CHAPMAN #40 have a good game.I know he had an awesome game against PCC.CONGRATS to both teams, sounds like PIKEVILLE gave SC all they could handle.Better get ready for the playoffs.
Nice game for Pikeville and a lot of missed opportunities.Pikeville could make some noise in playoffs. SC accomplished one of their goals now lets finish this thing strong.Leave everything on the field. Absolutely one of the worse officiating crews I have ever witnessed.
Regional championship game against Hazard is where the Panthers will go
rj99 Wrote:Nice game for Pikeville and a lot of missed opportunities.Pikeville could make some noise in playoffs. SC accomplished one of their goals now lets finish this thing strong.Leave everything on the field. Absolutely one of the worse officiating crews I have ever witnessed.

"Absolutely one of the worse officiating crews I have ever witnessed."

I would agree 110% on the above quote. One word describes them: INCOMPENT!
oak 76 Wrote:Did TALYOR CHAPMAN #40 have a good game.I know he had an awesome game against PCC.CONGRATS to both teams, sounds like PIKEVILLE gave SC all they could handle.Better get ready for the playoffs.

Maybe Taylor's game against Pikeville was note quite up to the Pike Central performance but he performed well. He did very well on defense and I saw a couple of extremely good blocks on the offensive side of the ball.

The running game of SC's was very good Friday night. KP Skyles and BJ Jarrell ran well. As was mentioned on another post, KP had 155 yards Friday and over a 1,000 for the season. In addition, I noticed a couple of extremely good blocks thrown by Skyles, in addition to his hard running. As do most of the Cards, Skyles plays both ways.

I most certainly hope that Sheldon Clark can go very deep in the playoffs.
I truly think they can if they get it together and play hard on each and every down. Go Cards!
Congrats to both SC and Pikeville... Listened to part of this one and it was a great game! Sounded as if both teams basically never quit!
That Todd Matthews kid had a pretty good game for SC.. I wouldnt mind seeing him play more for them..he played very well as corner
didnt get to attend this game because of work but i heard Pikeville gave SC all they could handle until the end.. congrats cards
I listened to the game on the radio. When SC went up 12-0 on the Panthers. I hate to admit it, but I said to myself. "Theyll drop their heads and quit and its gonna get ugly just like it has the last few years when they get down in a game". Im glad they proved me wrong. They came back and took the lead twice in this game. Bad snaps and penalties hurt us friday night. But those things are fixable. When a team wants to quit at the first sign of adversity no coach in the world can fix that. That has to come from down deep in each individual player. Im glad these boys are finally learning that valuble lesson not just for football but also for life. GO PANTHERS!!!
CardsDE Wrote:That Todd Matthews kid had a pretty good game for SC.. I wouldnt mind seeing him play more for them..he played very well as corner

I feel we should see a lot more of Todd in the playoffs. Todd did not play last year, which has slowed him down this year, but he is a talented young man and is getting back into the groove. He will most definitely help the Cards going forward.

He is only a junior this season, so we will get to see him again in 2011.
SC played well in some spots and that must be eliminated once the playoffs begin. Have to give the Pikeville quarterback credit the young man took some hard shots and kept playing. The duo of Skyles and Jarrell ran the ball well and it was a good win on Senior Night.
I'm a Big Time Panther fan and I have to say that the SC fans POST about the SC & PHS game have been very nice words toward our Panther team, and that shows not only does SC have a great team loaded with talent, but class when they defeat an opponent.
Anyway if you were not at the game you missed a Panther team that played with a lot of heart. Being that several Pikeville players had to come off the field at times, the kids that stepped on continued to push to the limit and very little was noticed that maybe a starter was not on the field at one time or another, so hats off to you younger lads that stepped up.
Also, if you read several of the previous post by the SC fans, Pikeville gave them a great game and I'm so proud of this team. This group of Panther kids have continued to improve in each game they've played.
I wish you the BEST in your play-off games!!
Sheldon Clark must play four quarters all out, not one, two, or three, as has happened a few times this year. It is amazing what has happened in some of the games.

Review the Johnson Central game and you see a Sheldon Clark team playing very good football, with a heavily favored JC team. Even though they lost that one, they played extremely well. As a matter of fact, if one looked at the statistics only, one would have thought SC was the winner.

SC played extremely well against Lawrence County, they brought their A game to forefront, and came out with a hard-fought win.

But then one looks at the Prestonsburg game, and SC looked as if they just plain old didn't want to play. They were absolutely lethargic, and played with very little, if any, enthusiasm.

Now we will go to the Pike Central game, and we know the story there. SC let it get away basically in the first quarter and didn't really get with it until the fourth quarter. Too little too late.

Maybe I'm a die hard, but I believe that they can definitely get their act together, and if they do, they wii go deep into the playoffs.

So, SC let's go out and show them, commencing this Friday night.
The Contrarian Wrote:Sheldon Clark must play four quarters all out, not one, two, or three, as has happened a few times this year. It is amazing what has happened in some of the games.

Review the Johnson Central game and you see a Sheldon Clark team playing very good football, with a heavily favored JC team. Even though they lost that one, they played extremely well. As a matter of fact, if one looked at the statistics only, one would have thought SC was the winner.

SC played extremely well against Lawrence County, they brought their A game to forefront, and came out with a hard-fought win.

But then one looks at the Prestonsburg game, and SC looked as if they just plain old didn't want to play. They were absolutely lethargic, and played with very little, if any, enthusiasm.

Now we will go to the Pike Central game, and we know the story there. SC let it get away basically in the first quarter and didn't really get with it until the fourth quarter. Too little too late.

Maybe I'm a die hard, but I believe that they can definitely get their act together, and if they do, they wii go deep into the playoffs.

So, SC let's go out and show them, commencing this Friday night.

Well Said
not only do you have Kp and Bj running well with the ball, you also have them as Linebackers and both are some of the hardest hitters ive ever seen
Pages: 1 2