Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co. 28 Rockcastle Co. 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whitley looked good at times and looked bad at times. Should have been a bigger win for Whitley, but they were playing without their best player in Bramlett and pick up a solid win.
Next is a trip to Southwestern and i feel pretty good about it after tonight.
Congrats Whitley on youre fourth straight win.
Congrats Whitley
Grats WC
congrats to WC
Conrgats Whitley!
Congrats to Whitley. ill give them there credit but this was the worst refereed game i have ever seen. you never see coach tony saylor blame a lose on the referees. but tonight he was going irrate. he came from the press box and met the reffs as the game to let them know just how he felt, and that is very unusual of him.
Congrats WC
Congrats to WC....but your referees were the absolute worst I've ever seen in the profession. From the blown call on the fumble in the first quarter through at least eight rotten calls/non-calls to the pass interference call in the fourth. For those of you that remember Archie Bunker's favorite saying in the 70's, "dead from the neck up", these referees were the biggest bunch of meatheads I've seen on a football field. The coaches have assured us that the KHSAA will get a copy of this game. I resisted last night posting my sour grapes on here, but, today I could not. For those refs that want to defend this crew without seeing this game themselves, you also would also fit in the description above.
I'm proud of our boys for fighting their hearts out and it is a shame that they not only had to fight a pretty good team in Whitley Co., but, had to try to overcome the poor officiating as well.
Congrats Whitley Co.
papagrit Wrote:Congrats to WC....but your referees were the absolute worst I've ever seen in the profession. From the blown call on the fumble in the first quarter through at least eight rotten calls/non-calls to the pass interference call in the fourth. For those of you that remember Archie Bunker's favorite saying in the 70's, "dead from the neck up", these referees were the biggest bunch of meatheads I've seen on a football field. The coaches have assured us that the KHSAA will get a copy of this game. I resisted last night posting my sour grapes on here, but, today I could not. For those refs that want to defend this crew without seeing this game themselves, you also would also fit in the description above.
I'm proud of our boys for fighting their hearts out and it is a shame that they not only had to fight a pretty good team in Whitley Co., but, had to try to overcome the poor officiating as well.
I dont think Whitley had anything to do with the referees. But this was a really bad officiated game.
Nice win for Whitley County, I was expecting them to win by more but a win is a win! Congrats Colonels!!
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I dont think Whitley had anything to do with the referees. But this was a really bad officiated game.

You are absolutely right about that....I guess I didn't word my quote correctly, I don't hold a thing against the school or the coaches or kids. I shouldn't have put "your", but, the word "the" instead. "The" meatheaded referees had their heads up their tails during that entire game. :biggrin: I lost my voice yelling at them instead of cheering for the boys in that game. It's a done deal now and on to next week.
I agree they were awful and whats unusual is that i hadnt seen those refs all year, atleast two of them anyways.
There were bad calls on both sides, but Rock was harder hit by them.
Good luck to Rock in the playoffs and come away with a win this week!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I agree they were awful and whats unusual is that i hadnt seen those refs all year, atleast two of them anyways.
There were bad calls on both sides, but Rock was harder hit by them.
Good luck to Rock in the playoffs and come away with a win this week!

Thanks! Goodluck to you guys to
We are blessed with some "special" refs in our area.