Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fast Lane Classic field completed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The annual field for the Fast Lane Classic set for Nov. 27 at Sheldon Clark High School in Inez is finally completed. Teams in this years field are listed below.

1. Huntington Prep
2. Kestrel Heights - Durham, North Carolina
3. Louisville Eastern
4. Christian County
5. Bowling Green
6. George Rogers Clark
7. Lafayette
8. Perry Central
9. Elliott County
10. Shelby Valley
11. Sheldon Clark
12. Belfry
13. Logan, West Virginia
14. Tolsia, West Virginia
15. Sheldon Clark Lady Cards
16. Leslie County Lady Eagles.

Promises to be a great day of high school basketball and pairings should be made within the next week but for sure its Hunt. Prep vs Kestrel Heights and probably Eastern vs Christian County.
Who plays who in this tournament?
sorry made a mistake instead of Belfry it will be Wyoming East out of Wes Virginia. So the field now is set

1. Huntington Prep
2. Kestrel Heights, Durham, NC
3. Lou. Eastern
4. Christian County
5. Bowling Green
6.Clark County
7. Perry Central
8. Lafayette
9. Elliott County
10. Logan , WV.
11.Tolsia, WV
12 Wyoming East, WV.
13.Sheldon Clark boys
14. Sheldon Clark girls
15. Leslie County girls
16. Shelby Valley
Thank for the info. Do you have the times and parings of the teams? Thanks. I hope to go watch the GRC Cards play in this one.
Great field of teams. Fine job by the organizers of this event. Year in and Year out this is the best one day event in KY HS Basketball. :Thumbs:
I would love to see a GRC and Christian CO matchup. Should be a dandy.
2hard2guard Wrote:I would love to see a GRC and Christian CO matchup. Should be a dandy.

You can Dec 3rd at Tates Creek in the Mr. Basketball Classic. This is the first game of the season for GRC. I have been told that they said they would be in the Fastlane Classic , but didn't want to scrimmage anyone that we play on our schedule. Christian Co, and Lafayette, are on our schdule. I personally was hoping we would play Eastern.
Man I would love to get over to this one!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Man I would love to get over to this one!

Long drive from Winchester, but I plan on being there. Haven't been there since my brother taught school at Tommy Hawk.
Ive been waiting for this day the whole year
Looks great!
Gold Charger Wrote:You can Dec 3rd at Tates Creek in the Mr. Basketball Classic. This is the first game of the season for GRC. I have been told that they said they would be in the Fastlane Classic , but didn't want to scrimmage anyone that we play on our schedule. Christian Co, and Lafayette, are on our schdule. I personally was hoping we would play Eastern.

Thanks for the info, that one would sure be worth the trip to see. I know that alot of things can happen during the season such as injuries and so forth but, with all the talent GRC and Christian CO. have returning this year they could very well be playing each other at Rupp for a state championship. I know it's real early but one of these two teams IMO will be holding up the trophy at the state tourney this year. I picked SV last year and some thought it was just a homer thing but it worked out alright, so good luck. Where can I get the schdule and mathups for the Mr. Basketball Classic? A match with Eastern would be a nice also.
2hard2guard Wrote:Thanks for the info, that one would sure be worth the trip to see. I know that alot of things can happen during the season such as injuries and so forth but, with all the talent GRC and Christian CO. have returning this year they could very well be playing each other at Rupp for a state championship. I know it's real early but one of these two teams IMO will be holding up the trophy at the state tourney this year. I picked SV last year and some thought it was just a homer thing but it worked out alright, so good luck. Where can I get the schdule and mathups for the Mr. Basketball Classic? A match with Eastern would be a nice also.

These two could be in the finals, just depends of the draw of the state tourney. You could both in the same bracket, or playing in the first round. Don't count out Eastern and J-Town, they will be a very tuff out.

Here is a list of the Mr. Basketball Classic. I went to the scoreboard, went to GRC's schedule then clicked on "Mr. Basketball Classic".

Mr. Basketball Classic
Friday, December 3, 2010Christian County-vs.George Rogers Clark
(at Tates Creek)-Mr. Basketball Classic
Ryle-at Tates Creek -6:30 PM Mr. Basketball Classic
Saturday, December 4, 2010Eastern-at Tates Creek -8:00 PM Mr. Basketball Classic
Iroquois-vs.Elliott County
(at Tates Creek)-6:00 PM Mr. Basketball Classic
This is worth the price of admission,Very strong field..
With the sponsorship of Fast Lane, this has become a premier event Congratulations and continued success. :Thumbs:
royal1 Wrote:This is worth the price of admission,Very strong field..

I agree. If you were ranking the teams, how would any of you rank them?

Any word on matchups and times?
Jody Demling from the CJ thinks it is a strong field too. Here is his article:

Some of the top high school boys' basketball teams - and prospects - will be headed to Sheldon Clark High School in Inez, Ky., for the Fast Lane Classic jamboree on Nov. 27.

The Fast Lane event has quickly established itself as one of the premier scrimmage days in the state.

Among the teams in the event will be Eastern, Bowling Green, Christian County, Clark County, Lafayette, Perry County Central, Elliott County, Huntington Prep and Durham (N.C.) Kestrel Heights.

The top prospects include Louisville commitment Chane Behanan of Bowling Green, Eastern's Remy Abell, Lyonell Gaines, Armon Marks and Kameron Woods, Clark County's Vinny Zollo and Robbie Stenzel and several prospects, including Jeremiah Davis of Huntington.
Perry Central plays Lafayette.
UkFan23 Wrote:Perry Central plays Lafayette.

Do you know what time? Lafayette and GRC are sharing a bus and coming up together.