Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is your favortie for this season...

And rank them in your eyes ill post mine later...
Theres already a whole thread about 15th Region favorites and rankings, but I'll post my thoughts...

1. Pikeville
2. Sheldon Clark
3. Allen Central
4. Johnson Central
5. Paintsville
6. Lawrence County
7. Belfry
8. Pike Central
9. Prestonsburg
10. East Ridge

11. Shelby Valley
12. Betsy Layne
13. Phelps
14. Magoffin County
15. South Floyd
sv will be alot better now they have a REAL coach!
1.Pikeville-Lawson is in position to win his 5th region title in 9 years
2. Johnson Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Paintsville
5. Allen Central
6. Belfry-Could be the surprise team in the region IMO
7. Lawrence County
8. Pike Central
9. Shelby Valley
10. East Ridge
11.Betsy Layne
12.Prestonsburg
13.Phelps
14.South Floyd
15.Magoffin County

Should be another interesting and competitive season in the 15th region. I give Pikeville the edge because of thier pitching. I think the top 7 teams all have a chance to win the region if they get some breaks and peak at the right time.
1.Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Lawrence County
5. Betsy Layne
6. Allen Central
7. Paintsville
8. Belfry
9. Pike Central
10. East Ridge
11.Shelby Valley
12.Prestonsburg
13.Phelps
14.South Floyd
15.Magoffin County
sf i think will be a little bit better this year
I have defended th enew guys at valley in other posts. Though i do think it is too early to be pressing them for top 7 or 8 caliber. To young, inexperienced, with new coach.
"MCFLBOBCAT" Wrote:1.Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Lawrence County
5. Betsy Layne
6. Allen Central
7. Paintsville
8. Belfry
9. Pike Central
10. East Ridge
11.Shelby Valley
12.Prestonsburg
13.Phelps
14.South Floyd
15.Magoffin County
\

nice list
1. Allen Central
2. Pikeville
3. Johnson Central
4. Paintsville

5. Sheldon Clark
6. Lawrence County
7. Belfry
8. Pike Central
9. Prestonsburg
10. East Ridge

Overall I think Allen Central is the best team. Come tournament time they will have strong pitching with the players Scott Little and Tyler Turner. They also add freshman Josh Prater, this three will be tough to beat in the 15th.
"MCFLBOBCAT" Wrote:1.Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Lawrence County
5. Betsy Layne
6. Allen Central
7. Paintsville
8. Belfry
9. Pike Central
10. East Ridge
11.Shelby Valley
12.Prestonsburg
13.Phelps
14.South Floyd
15.Magoffin County

Ac has to be in front of betsy layne! they both return alot from last year but betsy layne did lose in the first round of the districts!
Heres My Pick
1.Pikeville
2. Johnson Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. Paintsville
5. Lawrence County
6. Allen Central
7. Betsy Lane
8. Belfry
9. Pike Central
10. East Ridge
11.Shelby Valley
12.Prestonsburg
13.Phelps
14.South Floyd
15.Magoffin County
I think Pikeville and Allen Central are the top 2 in the 15th and they are also the 2 favorites so who ever has them lower than 3rd clearly needs to rethink their rankings.
idk i dont think Pikeville will be as good as we think i could see Pike Central making a run as Belfry to...15th region has alot of talent...Probley has the most overall talent than any other sport...
well i think that pikeville is good as it gets in the 15th region. i mean u have...
huffman in right
carter in left
robinson in center
mayo at 1st
harmon at 2nd
and special somone that i cnat say at SS
anderson at 3rd
and sexton catching with huffman, anderson and carter the top 3 pitchers,

come on 15thregionslamabamma i dont think u can get better then that in the 15th.
down from last year their pitching staff isnt what it use to be ill tell u this now they will not win region...:-)
"jackson5" Wrote:well i think that pikeville is good as it gets in the 15th region. i mean u have...
huffman in right
carter in left
robinson in center
mayo at 1st
harmon at 2nd
and special somone that i cnat say at SS
anderson at 3rd
and sexton catching with huffman, anderson and carter the top 3 pitchers,

come on 15thregionslamabamma i dont think u can get better then that in the 15th.
With the exception of Robinson, Huffman, and Anderson, there are a lot of unproven players there. I'm not sure how anyone can place a favorite tag on 2/3 of a team with so little varsity experience.
Smartest post i've seen about Pikeville in a long time Fox. They lost a lot of experience. Replacing that is not going to be easy. I think they can be good by the end of the year, but not very good in the early going. Just simply too much to replace.
"fox sports" Wrote:With the exception of Robinson, Huffman, and Anderson, there are a lot of unproven players there. I'm not sure how anyone can place a favorite tag on 2/3 of a team with so little varsity experience.

this might be so but the other kids that will start thi year in place of the 7 seniors that left have a lot of experience. they played on a traveling team this summer and got in over 40 games, and they play better compotition then any teams schedule in the 15th region. and anyone who has played on the team mike spears coaches will tell u that they get more out of that then a high school season.
the only thing they get out of the summer/fall travel teams is more games. Because it's allowed. THere is not limit on games. It is much easier to play in the summer. There is no one pushign you for playing time. YOu are not goign to be benched if you don't play well. No pressure......nothing is at stake. Besides Anderson, Robinson and Sexton, PIkeville has NOONE who has played under any pressure. Huffman has pitched a lot of big games. It is just different than a travel team in that aspect. Nothign is expected of them in the summer. And if you think they get more out of playign for MIke Spears than Coach Lawson, you are a fool.
How many of Pikeville's returning players played on the traveling team??
Huffman?? Robinson?? Sexton?? Harmon?? Mayo??
None of those guys you just mentioned. Carter did. But other than him, i don't think any. A few from Johnson Central did.
robinson and anderson both played on the traveling team for 2 years.
"alfus21" Wrote:Theres already a whole thread about 15th Region favorites and rankings, but I'll post my thoughts...

1. Pikeville
2. Sheldon Clark
3. Allen Central
4. Johnson Central
5. Paintsville
6. Lawrence County
7. Belfry
8. Pike Central
9. Prestonsburg
10. East Ridge

11. Shelby Valley
12. Betsy Layne
13. Phelps
14. Magoffin County
15. South Floyd

SHELDON CLARK IS NUMBER ONE!
So, Robinson, Anderson, and Carter, huh?? Remember, they are replacing 7 players. And Anderson and Robinson played anyway. So, i'm right in my argument. They are trying to repalce 7 players with people that have virtually NO experience. Sexton has some. Carter has some summer/fall ball. Other than that, they are very green and inexperienced!!!!
Paintsville will be young and lose most of their pitching staff but I think they'll be alright.