Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Notre Dame student dies after accident on the football practice field.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Notre Dame student (20) died after a film tower (used during football practices) falls with him filming at the top. Apparently winds today in South Bend exceeded 50 mph causing the scissor jack tower to fall across a parallel street. The accident occurred around 4:50 and the student died at Memorial Hospital a short time afterward.

Please remember this family, team and campus in the coming days.
This is awful to hear!
I sat with my mouth open for like 10 minutes after I read this.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I sat with my mouth open for like 10 minutes after I read this.

My exact words when I read this were, WOW! This is sad!
Man Sad
Yet another young person killed, Its sad too see and hear. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the ND nation.
MVP2 Wrote:Yet another young person killed, Its sad too see and hear. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the ND nation.

Am I reading you post correctly? Was there a second person killed?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Am I reading you post correctly? Was there a second person killed?

Not in this situation, I was actually referring back to the UK hockey player that was killed a while back that you posted.
MVP2 Wrote:Not in this situation, I was actually referring back to the UK hockey player that was killed a while back that you posted.

Ah, okay! I got you. Yeah it is a month that will put things in perspective you know. Such a horrible situation
Its sad too see and hear. My thoughts and prayers are with his family
This makes me sad Sad
Very unfortunate and sad to hear! If the winds were that strong, you would think that the Notre Dame football personnel would have had enough sense not to put him up there!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:A Notre Dame student (20) died after a film tower (used during football practices) falls with him filming at the top. Apparently winds today in South Bend exceeded 50 mph causing the scissor jack tower to fall across a parallel street. The accident occurred around 4:50 and the student died at Memorial Hospital a short time afterward.

Please remember this family, team and campus in the coming days.

Player had tweeted just before the incident, while he was on the tower, stating that being on that tower during the wind was terrifying
MVP2 Wrote:Yet another young person killed, Its sad too see and hear. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and the ND nation.

Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Am I reading you post correctly? Was there a second person killed?

Another incident happened over spring break in Panama City with Notre Dame recruit, and Cincinnati St. X student fell two stories from a balcony and unfortunately lost his life.
Hate to hear this.. hope the best for the fighting Irish and the student's parents.
Life is precious. Don't take it for granted. Very sad. RIP
Praying for family and friends.
This is horrible.
God be with the family and those close!
This is really sad. I can't believe that they would have let him stand on that tower with 50 mph winds.