Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Power Balance Bracelets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are these things worth the $30.00 they ask for them? I noticed they look pretty cool, especially the special UK ones, but didn't know if they really served their purpose.
A couple of my buddies have these. And they say they work.
Ive seen people around wearing them. What the heck is the purpose of them?
I'm wearing one now. I have 10 that I bought from EBay for $1.66 each, and wore one that was $40. No difference in each. I did the balance test, and I admit, it is legit. But I don't think I have noticed anything different at all in my every day life.

Go to EBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AV:US:1123

Comes from China and took a little over two weeks, but I can vouch that it was legit. Happy hunting
What is the purpose of them SD?
Tailback44 Wrote:What is the purpose of them SD?

To keep you balanced.

The test Dust is talking about is with out the bracelet, you can push someone over fairly easy. But, WITH the bracelet, you are much harder to push over.
Balance

It supposed provide frequencies that react positively with your body’s natural energy field. The conscious side of me says it's all bunk, but I can honestly say it does make me feel different when I wear it.

It's similar to the Positive/Negative idea of the Phiten necklaces. What's different about PB is that it works with your bodies electrical system and helps balance that electrical charge that your body makes naturally. It's similar to an electrical current, if there is not a balanced load going through the system you will blow a fuse. If you do not have enough electric, it won't run a motor at the speed that it needs to function properly. The PB bracelet supposedly evens out your electrical charge and lets you function more "balanced".

I had a buddy do the sales act on me that they will do to you at a store. You stand on one foot and put both arms out and they push down on your arm while you try to keep it still. Your arm on one leg (unbalanced) just can't maintain it's strength to resist. He gave me the bracelet to hold, and honest to god, e could not push down my arm. Then you bend over to touch your toes, without you get as far as you nromally get; with the bracelet you go a lot further.

Again, I'm not saying it's totally legit, but there is something to it. Shaq swears by it.

The link I provided is free shipping and all. It's a legit seller, even though they are in China or there is NO WAY I'D PASS ON TO YOU GUY'S!
^ lol, or what MP said in much fewer words - LOL
Stardust Wrote:^ lol, or what MP said in much fewer words - LOL

I'm a very simple person. LOL
Aren't these also supposed to increase your energy or something? Or am I thinking of something different?
BCF4L Wrote:Aren't these also supposed to increase your energy or something? Or am I thinking of something different?

Correct. Since it balances your "electrical system", you maintain the proper current through your system, meaning no over or underload. Provides you equal energy, which during your "Low" energy days, it helps increase your energy.
Stardust Wrote:Correct. Since it balances your "electrical system", you maintain the proper current through your system, meaning no over or underload. Provides you equal energy, which during your "Low" energy days, it helps increase your energy.
I'm going to have to try one of these out. I was reading where it has helped people with lower back pain and I have a lot of that for some reason. I turned 25 and I'm falling apart lol.
^ Memory Foam mattress fixed my lower back, not Phiten, no Power Balance fix for me. Cost $1500 for the fix, but I am absolutely sold that the Memory Foam mattress is the REAL DEAL! We got our's over the summer, and my "wake-up" aches and pains are almost non-existent.
Stardust Wrote:^ Memory Foam mattress fixed my lower back, not Phiten, no Power Balance fix for me. Cost $1500 for the fix, but I am absolutely sold that the Memory Foam mattress is the REAL DEAL! We got our's over the summer, and my "wake-up" aches and pains are almost non-existent.
That's going to be my next big investment. Can't wait to get one. I also just ordered a power balance bracelet.
I've not tried em.....
but they have to be a load of crap.
I'd say they are placebos
zaga_fan Wrote:I've not tried em.....
but they have to be a load of crap.
I'd say they are placebos

Zaga, Ballers and I feel that you are just Placebo's:biggrin:
I tried my friends on and the balance test is crazy! It does work.

I do wonder though, if any part of it is mental.

Like you think you have more balance, so you actually do.
My back is terrible..got a bunch of rods, screws, crossmembers, a metal cage and two fusions back there..so if this helps it in any way, Im sold..anything is worth a try..what about that memory foam mattress?? Where and how much??
TidesHoss32 Wrote:My back is terrible..got a bunch of rods, screws, crossmembers, a metal cage and two fusions back there..so if this helps it in any way, Im sold..anything is worth a try..what about that memory foam mattress?? Where and how much??

You go to any good mattress store. They are all made the same. We did a lot of research on it before purchasing. The Tempur-pedic goes for a $2600. You can buy it for a grand less, and it's the same. Don't waste your money on the Memory foam pads that you can buy for your mattress, not worth it. My wife and I both sleep the entire night through, no longer the aches and pains when we wake up, best investment we have made in years....

I should add, my wife just said this past week that now she looks forward to going to bed at night, and me being in the bed has nothing to do with that:biggrin:
I want one of those awesome mattresses..a pillow too. They're not that bouncy though...I think it's a good trade.
vundy33 Wrote:I want one of those awesome mattresses..a pillow too. They're not that bouncy though...I think it's a good trade.

I have the pillows to, not all that comfortable
they should do a commercial where they don't try to push the person over.. and put the band on them first lol...
So, I just got mine in the mail today. Went to put it on and it snapped in half. Very high quality. *rollseyes*
ESPN's Outside the Lines did a study on these last week and confirmed they do absolutely nothing to help except act as a placebo.

A Wisconsin University conducted the study doing a placebo with a rubber band like the LIVE STRONG bracelets and there were no difference between subjects flexibility when comparing the two.

Spend 35.00 on a balance ball and yoga mat if you really want to improve balance and flexibility Big Grin
I'm not going to buy one, but IMO if it works as a placebo, it's still worth it.

On a side note, years ago, I bought two Q-ray braclets that were supposed to make pain go away. I was really big into powerlifting at the time and had a few aches and pains so I thought they would help me. I wore one around a few months even though the only jewelry I cant stand to wear is a watch. All they did was turn my wrist green.