Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2. SPORTING BEHAVIOR. Teams entering the gymnasium prior to the contest should not run through the area occupied by the opposing team or under the basket where opponents are warming up. Teams should only enter, jog and warm up on their half of the court. Gatherings intended to motivate a team after the warm-up period, during or following player introductions and post-game celebrations should be performed in the area directly in front of the team bench. If during the pre-game or half-time warm-up period one team leaves the floor, the other team may not use the entire court; teams may only warm up on their half of the court. Only authorized personnel (cheerleaders, athletic trainers, managers, administrators, etc.) should be permitted on the floor; all spectators should be in designated areas.

http://www.nfhs.org/basketball.aspx

Any thoughts?
Ah.....
I see why they are doing it.
However, I don't think it is necessary.
So it's a POE, are they going to tell us what the penalty is? Direct T, Indirect T? Warning?? Just wondering.
well, i'd really like to see them inforce it...i still dont see why this applies to the game
I understand what the rule is intended for, but I don't see it being enforced!
leecoukfan Wrote:I understand what the rule is intended for, but I don't see it being enforced!

It probably won't be enforced until everyone forgets about it and someone wants to be picky before a title game.
zaga_fan Wrote:It probably won't be enforced until everyone forgets about it and someone wants to be picky before a title game.

Yeah, of course! Whenever it comes down to possibly changing the outcome of the game thats when they're going to remember this new rule!
zaga_fan Wrote:It probably won't be enforced until everyone forgets about it and someone wants to be picky before a title game.

Yes that would encourage some sporting behavior all right....Smile)
Will it always be enforced? Doubt it.

However, I've seen the visiting team warm-up on their half of the floor and then the home team enter and run all the way AROUND the floor instead of just going directly to their goal. And most of the time, these teams don't care if a visiting player is in their way. I've seen fights start before a game simply because the home team refused to go directly to its goal and just had to do a meaningless warmup lap around the entire gym.

That being said, this would also stop the visiting team from getting together in a huddle at center court (seen as a big deal, especially if you start stomping on a logo).

It might be nit-picky, but I don't think it's a bad rule.
Sounds like a good one too me. I think that they should stop all the foolishness shown by most teams during announcements of the starting lineups as well... you know the running out and chest bumping and slapping hands and flashing gangs signs and whatever else it is they do too... :biggrin:
Knows why but really don't see it happening
LCDawg Wrote:Sounds like a good one too me. I think that they should stop all the foolishness shown by most teams during announcements of the starting lineups as well... you know the running out and chest bumping and slapping hands and flashing gangs signs and whatever else it is they do too... :biggrin:

Why would they stop that?
Because it serves no purpose in the game of High School basketball.
leecoukfan Wrote:I understand what the rule is intended for, but I don't see it being enforced!
Probably.
Kinda like the faking a charge call by a defender is suppose to be a technical foul on the flopper, but you never see it called. Might as well be taken off the list of rule violations.
I think this is a crazy rule. It's just all apart of pumping the team up and trying to sike the other team. it's all apart of pre-gane fun and what's the big deal?? what will be the punishment if a team does this, you can't give them a penalty like in football? Will you start the the game with a technical foul shot or jump ball on their end of the court/

CRAZY, DON'T TAKE THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME!!
I think most of these higher ups are coming up with random rules because they have nothing else to do.
Everything in high school sports is getting so sissy like, i know when we warmed up in high school we did a full circle around the court while the other team was warming up and never had one problem.
Just like the NFL telling its players to lighten up on their hitting....What is that?!?!?! Thats why you play the game and what fans want to see is somebody getting their head knocked off, if the players or anyone else is concerned about it they should quit, plain and simple, its ridiculous the rules they are coming up with nowadays
i feel that this rule is needed especially when playing a rival school
Black Bear Mama Wrote:I think this is a crazy rule. It's just all apart of pumping the team up and trying to sike the other team. it's all apart of pre-gane fun and what's the big deal?? what will be the punishment if a team does this, you can't give them a penalty like in football? Will you start the the game with a technical foul shot or jump ball on their end of the court/

CRAZY, DON'T TAKE THE FUN OUT OF THE GAME!!

What I have been told is if the violation occurs, the game will start with technical foul shots and the coach will be confined to his seat. A second bench technical will result in the head coach being ejected from the ball game.
This hurts a coach when he cannot stand during the game and try to direct his players.