Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Celtics 88 Heat 80
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The dream of the undefeated season are over. Big Grin
Despite the 8 turnovers LeBron played well. Wade(playing injured) and Bosh both played awful. The Heat don't have much chemistry right now but I'm sure they'll develop that as they get deeper into the season. Chemistry or not, when the Heat play big teams like this, there going to struggle. They don't have much size in there front court.
Anyways, grats Celtics, I hate you, and this is one of the few times I'll root for ya Big Grin
Yahhhh Big Grin......Rondo with 17 assist.
Rondo had the quietest 17 assists I've ever seen.
south beach bust. take out wade and lebron will dominate. he went on a tear, then got took out then wade got put back in with him. wade killed them.
So much for the NBA Superpower that isn't the Miami Heat! The Celtics dominated the entire game and only when Paul Pierce went out of the game were the Heat able to get close! The Heat had the lead for the first 4:32 of the game and never saw the lead after that! I think that Boston proved tonight that they're still the favorite in the East! GO CELTICS!!!
I can't believe I'm even going to argue this AFTER THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON! But this was DWades first game back since last year and minimal practice time? But truth is Heat played AWFUL! The Celtics played great. And Heat still had a shot to win it towards the end.
As a Lakers fan, I do not want a rematch of last years finals. The Celtics have the size and experience to match the Lakers and they also have a deeper bench than the Lakers.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I can't believe I'm even going to argue this AFTER THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON! But this was DWades first game back since last year and minimal practice time? But truth is Heat played AWFUL! The Celtics played great. And Heat still had a shot to win it towards the end.

I don't think the Celtics played particularly well either.
But on a side note, Lebron almost got a double double with those 8 turnovers Big Grin
Celtics come out firing on all cylinders, but the Heat give the ball the James and he brought them back. Celtics were clearly the better team right now, but the Heat have some kinks to work out obviously.

It's going to take some time for the Heat players to learn their roles on this team, but most importantly, they've got to learn that the offense must go through James.
I don't care if Wade was hurt or not....
he pulled a hammy 3 weeks ago, he just shot bad.
Bosh played as bad as I figured he would.
But I didn't expect Shaq and Big Baby to outscore him though lol
The Heat will pull it together sooner or later.
I promise you that.
However, if they meet the Celtics in the playoffs and the Celtics are even mildly healthy the Heat will go down.
The Celtics are just way too deep for the heat.
The Big 2(Bosh doesn't count) will get it done for the Heat, but when the Celts have Jermaine O'neal, Shaq(When Perkins is back he'll be a bench player), Erik Daniels, Nate Robinson, and Big Baby that can all come off the bench and you don't really lose a whole lot of production......
That's a killer in a 7-game series.
*****HEAT ADVISORY*****
Temperatures are going to be down in Miami this year
Several losses on the way.
Expect many quarters in single digits.
Expect strong showers of Turnovers with balls flying
out of bounds up to 50 MPH
Stay inside and watch Cetlic games.
I didn't get to watch this game and root my Heat on because my power was out (Thank you AEP)..

Anyways, I can't say that I am happy about the loss but I'm not devistated..
Anytime your playing a season opener against a good good home team expect the worst..
From the looks of it, sounds like Heat has some work to do but I am not counting them out at all..

With this loss comes rebuilding, tough practices, and hopefully Bosh and Wade can get their head's out of their *** and win some games.

Rondo with 17 assists is pretty insane. Grat's to Boston.
I will definitely give the Heat props on one thing.
They have the best dancers Wink
[Image: mia_dance07_305x350_fin.jpg]
[Image: heat_dance_team.jpg]
[Image: mia_dance08_305x350_rd5.jpg]
Geee I'd say.
LOL!!!!!! That is hilarious..
Even tho, they are my pick and my team this year.. It is funny.. Nice sense of humor zag..
zaga_fan Wrote:I will definitely give the Heat props on one thing.
They have the best dancers Wink
[Image: mia_dance07_305x350_fin.jpg]
[Image: heat_dance_team.jpg]
[Image: mia_dance08_305x350_rd5.jpg]

Smile
The heat have no chemistry right now! THey sucked it up last night! However the chemistry will come with time! I promise you that... I never expected them to go undefeated. However they will have a great season... Besides the C's have played together for years, been to finals, played many games.. THey have the chemistry.. THe heat on the other hand played 3 minutes of a preseason game together before injuries sat in... Plus they played without PG mario chalmers and PG/SG mike miller... SO i consider a good effort and a decent perfomance after halftime on the road for the heat!
Yesterday was my birthday and the heat losing, lebron having 8 turnovers, and the Lakers winning, what a nice closing to my favorite day of the year.
Ok, OK, so I was wrong. A perfect season their first season together was asking too much. So I have changed my prediction and now believe the Heat will finish the season with a 96-1 record:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Ok, OK, so I was wrong. A perfect season their first season together was asking too much. So I have changed my prediction and now believe the Heat will finish the season with a 96-1 record:biggrin:

to win a ring it would have to be 97-1 wouldn't they?
My math could be wrong though lol
zaga_fan Wrote:to win a ring it would have to be 97-1 wouldn't they?
My math could be wrong though lol

best of 5 (1st round)
best of 7 (2nd round)
best of 7 (conf)
best of 7 (Championship)
Stardust Wrote:best of 5 (1st round)
best of 7 (2nd round)
best of 7 (conf)
best of 7 (Championship)

They changed the first round to a best of 7 back in 2003.
Unless they changed it back.
Ok, THE HEAT WILL GO 97-1

Better zaga?????

:biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Ok, THE HEAT WILL GO 97-1

Better zaga?????

:biggrin:

We all know how I like to be right Wink
I'm wrong sometimes
but I enjoy being right lol

BUT NO IT ISN'T BETTER!
They are going 40-42 and missing the playoffs and being mathematically eliminated on their final regular season game by the Toronto Raptors lol
The three stooges really took it to the Celts last night. They will be a bust, mark my words. Too much selfishness going on. Plus, I never thought Bosh was any good to begin with and his 8 points last night don't do much to change my mind about him.
Aslan Wrote:Despite the 8 turnovers LeBron played well. Wade(playing injured) and Bosh both played awful. The Heat don't have much chemistry right now but I'm sure they'll develop that as they get deeper into the season. Chemistry or not, when the Heat play big teams like this, there going to struggle. They don't have much size in there front court.
Anyways, grats Celtics, I hate you, and this is one of the few times I'll root for ya Big Grin

Lebron didn't have 8 turn overs.......
zaga_fan Wrote:We all know how I like to be right Wink
I'm wrong sometimes
but I enjoy being right lol

BUT NO IT ISN'T BETTER!
They are going 40-42 and missing the playoffs and being mathematically eliminated on their final regular season game by the Toronto Raptors lol

Time to bet the Snickers bar on this one ZAGnut.. Not gonna happen..
If thats the case.. LA won't even see a .300 season. :biggrin:
Boston all the way...
Pages: 1 2 3