Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mountain Gameday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all the excitement of the important games this time of year, who thinks WYMT should do a game day themed show from different schools? They could spend the day at the school with students, do the 6:00 sports and Sports OT from the game site!
I like that Idea. I'm all for that. I'd like to see WYMT do something like that. WYMT seems to be doing more things here lately, like the prep zone and stuff hopefully they would consider something like this.
Would be legit.
That'd be a great idea.
that would be cool
[quote=Panther Thunder]Would be legit.[/QUO

To legit to quit???

Sorry heard that the other day and it's been in my head!:Hammer3:
I really believe that would be cool. Just think of the sponsors they should get.
Awesome Idea!!!!
I love the idea...but sometimes when they show the "Fans in the Stands" segment the screams and yells make me cringe its like listening to fingernails scratch a chalkboard...

Imagine that with 100+ students...*explosion*
Patriot Wrote:With all the excitement of the important games this time of year, who thinks WYMT should do a game day themed show from different schools? They could spend the day at the school with students, do the 6:00 sports and Sports OT from the game site!

That is a great Idea! I think that Brian Milam and Derek Forrest would do a really good job hosting some type of High School gameday show! It wouldn't surprise me if they did this since they have already have the WYMT game of the week!
This guy really has some great Ideas!....I'm proud to say I know him personaly!!:theman:
leecoukfan Wrote:That is a great Idea! I think that Brian Milam and Derek Forrest would do a really good job hosting some type of High School gameday show! It wouldn't surprise me if they did this since they have already have the WYMT game of the week!

Brian Milam is no longer with WYMT. He's with WKYT now.

It would be Jeff Archer & Derek Forrest, most likely.
I think it would be a great idea. They already do a great job covering high school sports now. This would just add to the greatness imo.
This is one of the best Ideas I have heard! how cool would that be. This would even help each city. Folks would come out and spend more of our COAL money to support something like this!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Brian Milam is no longer with WYMT. He's with WKYT now.

It would be Jeff Archer & Derek Forrest, most likely.
That totally slipped my mind, I think they would do a great job and it would be very interesting!
They have pretty much done this before in the past...They would be at a site with the satellite truck for a big regular season game, or playoff game, and have pregame reports and then do highlights on Sports Overtime and then go back to the site for player and coach thoughts after the game. They did that at Belfry multiple times. The idea of them doing this week to week is a great one!!!
If this thread gets big enough it might help convince WYMT.
Great idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How do we make it happen?
:Thumbs:AWSOME IDEA!!!!!
After watching the prepzone on YMT tonight I thought how this could be done during that show on Thursday night it would be easier to plan and pull off. On Friday they have to worry about games and Sports OT.
It would be awesome, but highly doubtful it will ever happen.
They should bring Casebolt back to play Corso...with the NOT SO FAST line...lol. Seriously, this is an awsome idea! :notworthy
Could it be done?

Possibly...

Will it be done?

You never know.

Is it difficult to do as of right now?

I think so. With the numbers (staffing) we have at the station, it would be hard to pull off.

Do I think we could pull it off for the Prep Zone show if we had the numbers?

Absolutely! I think it would be great for the football season. I would think that we could easily get permission from the schools and do it, and have the entire student body attend the event.

I see it taking place at the location of the game of the week, for example, this Thursday would of been held at Harlan Co with Coach Larkey on set with us.

I love the idea and have thought about this before. Hopefully one day in the future, it will get to that point, but for now, we have to keep hoping.

- Rock
http://www.derekforrest.com
http://www.twitter.com/derekwymt
^ Thanks for the insight Rock!
rock19701 Wrote:Could it be done?

Possibly...

Will it be done?

You never know.

Is it difficult to do as of right now?

I think so. With the numbers (staffing) we have at the station, it would be hard to pull off.

Do I think we could pull it off for the Prep Zone show if we had the numbers?

Absolutely! I think it would be great for the football season. I would think that we could easily get permission from the schools and do it, and have the entire student body attend the event.

I see it taking place at the location of the game of the week, for example, this Thursday would of been held at Harlan Co with Coach Larkey on set with us.

I love the idea and have thought about this before. Hopefully one day in the future, it will get to that point, but for now, we have to keep hoping.

- Rock
http://www.derekforrest.com
http://www.twitter.com/derekwymt

I hope it gets done!!!:Clap:
I love this idea. But it would be hard to pull off because they have to edit the films, and other camera men already have to rush back to Hazard to make the cut for the regular SOT. For example say Derrick Forrest is filming a game in Corbin and the game of the week is in Belfry then that's a lot of miles to cover to in a short amount of time and they usually have more than one game to cover so I don't think that doing this on Friday night is a possibility. However I do think that a prep zone show from the game of the week site would be very possible. The schools could hold pep rallies and Derrick and Jeff could hold interviews with players and coaches right there on the set. I think this would make the few days leading up to the game a lot more exciting and I believe this would really make the prep zone show a lot more exciting!
I love this idea! They could kick the show off every year at the Pike County Bowl!
If it would've been done at Pikeville while I was in high school, I would have gone absolutely NUTS. Students would love it.
They would have their satelite truck so those close could come and feed their video there. They are pros at live productions they most definatly pull it off!