Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville geography question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How far is PRP's field from Churchill Downs ?
Around 10 min.....maybe 15 if there is back traffic.

Churchill downs is on souther parkway/3rd street and the corner of cridditen drive. The next interstate exit up is 31W dixie highway. PRP highschool is around 5 miles south on 31W
31W is also known as Dixie Highway.

You've gone too far if you run into Valley High (it's also on Dixie) from downtown.
oneijoe Wrote:31W is also known as Dixie Highway.

You've gone too far if you run into Valley High (it's also on Dixie) from downtown.

Dixie Highway....certainly the prettiest street in all of Louisville (strong sarcasm)
Churchill Downs is on the corner of 4th Street and Central Avenue (best approached from Crittenden Drive Exit 11. You are correct on the Location of PRP. Dixie Highway, just a few miles past Holy Cross High School.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Dixie Highway....certainly the prettiest street in all of Louisville (strong sarcasm)

actually it has gotten better... when was the last time you were on dixie highway?
Used to have customers over that way when I worked in Louisville 3 or 4 years ago.

I'd much rather be on Dixie Highway then some of those streets in the West End or on Grade Lane there south of the airport next to the landfill, that's for sure.

When I think of Dixie Highway I think of run down warehouses and factories from Watterson moving north, and I think of dillapidated strip malls and endless red lights moving south. :biggrin:
it has actually cleaned up over the past few years. they have really cleaned up the strip clubs on the north end of watterson.
VHSL-helper Wrote:How far is PRP's field from Churchill Downs ?

Don't ask KHSAA...
johnnyt Wrote:it has actually cleaned up over the past few years. they have really cleaned up the strip clubs on the north end of watterson.

LOL...."Lively Shively".....Going south there are several from Valley Station to Fort Knox on 31W....about every quarter of mile it seems there is a pink strip joint:eyeroll:Confusedhh:. Going from Watterson Expressway south on Dixie....look for a right onto Greenwood. It is about half mile to a mile as I remember from Dixie down Greenwood. (My wife is from up there...she went to PRP)
papagrit Wrote:... (My wife is from up there...she went to PRP)

Small world !! My wife graduated from Valley. :biggrin:
papagrit Wrote:LOL...."Lively Shively".....Going south there are several from Valley Station to Fort Knox on 31W....about every quarter of mile it seems there is a pink strip joint:eyeroll:Confusedhh:. Going from Watterson Expressway south on Dixie....look for a right onto Greenwood. It is about half mile to a mile as I remember from Dixie down Greenwood. (My wife is from up there...she went to PRP)

you do realize that there are no strip clubs north of the Gene Snyder on dixie highway (which is on the extreme south end of dixie highway? like 10 miles south of the watterson.
It's obvious where everyone's mind went...

EKU first said "strip malls". Not "strip clubs". BIG difference.

Confusedhh: :lmao:
actually i was attempting to be funny with the strip club comment. dixie highway has a reputation of for being the white trailer park trash side of town, but it has actually gotten much better in the last 5 years.